Aliens: Dark Descent

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Jun 09, 2022, 06:09:08 PM

Author
Aliens: Dark Descent (Read 58,718 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nukiemorph on Dec 08, 2023, 05:35:05 PMFireteam Elite is in 2202.
Ohh, so even further in the timeline. Thanks!

Wweyland

Wweyland

And nobody remembers the Alien-Earth War that just recently happened :)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Because it did not.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I'm sure Romulus will somehow contradict every single game/book/comic that anyone still considers canon anyway.

ralfy

ralfy

I think what's canon is ultimately dependent on what franchise holders authorize for release, including in novels, comic books, and games.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: ralfy on Dec 09, 2023, 02:25:02 AMI think what's canon is ultimately dependent on what franchise holders authorize for release, including in novels, comic books, and games.

You should ignore what they say and decide what you want to be canon based on what gives you the most enjoyment.

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 09, 2023, 02:27:31 AM
Quote from: ralfy on Dec 09, 2023, 02:25:02 AMI think what's canon is ultimately dependent on what franchise holders authorize for release, including in novels, comic books, and games.

You should ignore what they say and decide what you want to be canon based on what gives you the most enjoyment.

Franchise holders decide what gets put in these works. Given that, the only way to ignore them and decide what you want is to create fan fiction in different media and release them for non-commercial use, with the hope that you won't get shut down.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: ralfy on Dec 09, 2023, 04:04:43 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 09, 2023, 02:27:31 AM

Franchise holders decide what gets put in these works. Given that, the only way to ignore them and decide what you want is to create fan fiction in different media and release them for non-commercial use, with the hope that you won't get shut down.

I'm not saying write and publish fan-fiction (although I guess you can do what you want), just that you are not beholden to what some company thinks is or isn't "canon".

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

I was just joking because that's been the series tradition.

Alien 3, Resurrection, Prometheus, AND Covenant all managed to throw wrenches into the extended universe.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Maybe they will introduce the "Multiverse" with alternate timelines.
Time-traveling Predators (or Engineers), etc.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I'm good, we've had enough of that stuff, bad enough hypothetical alone teased in The Predator.

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

that will be too much of a stretch even for me, beside other than Godzilla, I think we have enough of that stuff.

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 09, 2023, 04:48:16 AMI'm not saying write and publish fan-fiction (although I guess you can do what you want), just that you are not beholden to what some company thinks is or isn't "canon".

Some will argue something is canon and some will argue otherwise, but what will be released and shown is what's approved by those who own the IP. Meanwhile, the latter can choose to go against those, too.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: ralfy on Dec 10, 2023, 06:24:34 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 09, 2023, 04:48:16 AMI'm not saying write and publish fan-fiction (although I guess you can do what you want), just that you are not beholden to what some company thinks is or isn't "canon".

Some will argue something is canon and some will argue otherwise, but what will be released and shown is what's approved by those who own the IP. Meanwhile, the latter can choose to go against those, too.

Well I mean sure, the IP holders can decide what is or isn't "officially canon" whenever they want, my point is that you shouldn't care what they say and should do what makes you happy. They can't "force" you to believe something is or isn't canon.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Okay so I think I'm stuck, I'm in Dead Hills and I'm supposed to find a bunch of cameras (marked on my map) and use them to find the source of the infestation or something? Where are these cameras and how do I interact with them? I'm going to each point in the map but I have no idea what to do and I don't see anything to interact with.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed