Started by (Bad Blood), Sep 29, 2023, 05:09:29 AM

AVP Requiem VS The Predator

Alien Vs Predator Requiem
31 (70.5%)
The Predator 2018
13 (29.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author
AVP Requiem VS The Predator (Read 10,698 times)

Cosmic Incubation

I can understand not liking Feral's design (even though I'm a fan myself).

But I definitely feel Feral is 100x better and more interesting than the assassin Predator from The Predator. Even if just by sheer virtue of being mostly practical vs entirely CG (and not good CG either).

Feral>assassin any day of the week.

SiL

SiL

I'm specifically talking about the gear being a collection of sci fi nonsense.

Jungle Hunter has straps and buckles and cables connecting everything. It looks like a piece of functioning technology.

300 years earlier and everything is just glued on or something, f**k it.

4 movies in a row show the mask is basically vacuum sealed to the face and then suddenly it's just held there by good vibes from Predators onwards.

[cancerblack]

I still headcanon out the subspecies thing coz I hate it for a humanoid space faring creature, at least as presented by the director. I'd possibly buy it more if they included a sprinkle of hard SF with time dilation shit and populations on distant worlds or ships drifting apart as they adapt to a new place or being spacers.

@SiL
I agree about how it goes together, but I do quite like feral's wargear aesthetically.

SiL

SiL

Sure, just throw some straps and tubes on it for God's sake.

The whole Feral schtick is a superficial as everything else in that movie.

[cancerblack]

Unofficial Prey theme

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 11, 2023, 05:38:46 AMUnofficial Prey theme

https://media.tenor.com/duaXY69ozP0AAAAC/f**king-magnets-magnets.gif
Magnetised to what, his lats?

Seriously, what is his med pack even connected to? Ugh.

[cancerblack]

Magnetised to other magnets (you can't see them coz reasons).

BlueMarsalis79

Subdermal implant.

Just like the NECA figure lmao

Neila

Neila

I generally don't like crossovers between Alien and Predator and prefer to see both in their own films. Both films have no respect for the origins of either brand.
Still, for me, THE Predator is the worst film of all.
If I have to choose, I would prefer AvP-R because of the action. Wolf is a little better in design again and the Predalien is ok if it weren't for the shitty fertilization idea. The Alien Warriors don't look good at all anymore. Basically, the film isn't much better than The Predator and is a slap in the face, especially for Alien fans.
When I listened to the audio commentary and the making of, I was initially disappointed and annoyed. Too many stupid decisions and apparently unqualified people who sometimes don't seem to really know what it's about.

happypred

happypred

Watched both films in the cinema...

Neither are good films but Requiem was much more tolerable as an action romp with unintentional comedy. The Predator felt like deliberate farce with impaled dudes shooting each other and the main human antagonist blowing off his own head in idiotic fashion.

Local Trouble

Quote from: happypred on Nov 15, 2023, 04:28:48 AMNeither are good films but Requiem was much more tolerable as an action romp with unintentional comedy.

How did you feel about the egg-barfing?

Immortan Jonesy

This has to be the best part of Requiem

[cancerblack]

Quote from: happypred on Nov 15, 2023, 04:28:48 AMthe main human antagonist blowing off his own head

I'd forgotten about that bit. I think the editing in that scene is even more confused than the writing.

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 16, 2023, 07:45:28 PM
Quote from: happypred on Nov 15, 2023, 04:28:48 AMthe main human antagonist blowing off his own head

I'd forgotten about that bit. I think the editing in that scene is even more confused than the writing.

One of those blink and you'll miss it bits, in a bad way. I know people who didn't even realize that it happened lol

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Nov 16, 2023, 08:28:00 PMOne of those blink and you'll miss it bits, in a bad way. I know people who didn't even realize that it happened lol

It befuddled me as he was prob a character with more potential to develop further in a sequel

The way he capped himself was just...dumb

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 15, 2023, 04:43:27 AMHow did you feel about the egg-barfing?

Not a fan/seemed unnecessary but Im not purist when it comes to the Alien creature. Im more attached to the Predator/Yautja creature and demand more from their portrayal

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed