Started by (Bad Blood), Sep 29, 2023, 05:09:29 AM

AVP Requiem VS The Predator

Alien Vs Predator Requiem
31 (70.5%)
The Predator 2018
13 (29.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author
AVP Requiem VS The Predator (Read 10,596 times)

BlueMarsalis79

I have literally only seen The Predator once, in cinema.

[cancerblack]

SiL

SiL

Same boat. One was enough.

[cancerblack]

Low rez dvd rip on a laptop screen was more than enough of that... film for me.

Nightmare Asylum

I've also seen it once, in the theater. And AVPR once, on cable, three years after its release.

I don't expect to ever see either one a second time.

Acid for Blood

As much as the thought of watching either makes me feel sick, AvP-R is much better in my opinion. What it adds to the lore is more palatable compared to The Pred. I've actually watched Requiem a few times compared to The Predator which I got on Blu Ray but have never actually played the disc!

marrerom

marrerom

Honestly, I'm surprised by that poll. The Predator at least was competently filmed, with a real writer and director.  AvP-R was absolutely the bottom of the barrel, with minimal effort put in by the studio to ensure a decent product. 

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: marrerom on Jan 15, 2024, 09:57:00 PMHonestly, I'm surprised by that poll. The Predator at least was competently filmed, with a real writer and director.

I love Shane Black. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Iron Man 3, and The Nice Guys rock. That something so unwatchably bad from came from him, when he should have been a sure fit for this property, makes the end result for this one sting even more than it otherwise would have.

SiL

SiL

The greatest sin of The Predator for me is that it seems to think the entire concept is ridiculous and can't keep a straight face. It's like they're embarrassed to be making the film.

For all its faults, AvPR is earnest.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Jan 15, 2024, 10:08:42 PMThe greatest sin of The Predator for me is that it seems to think the entire concept is ridiculous and can't keep a straight face. It's like they're embarrassed to be making the film.

For all its faults, AvPR is earnest.

I feel the same way about AR vs A3.

SiL

SiL

Weaver is playing that film so straight they needed lesbian undertones to even it out.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Acid for Blood on Jan 15, 2024, 04:57:18 PMAs much as the thought of watching either makes me feel sick, AvP-R is much better in my opinion. What it adds to the lore is more palatable compared to The Pred. I've actually watched Requiem a few times compared to The Predator which I got on Blu Ray but have never actually played the disc!

Pretty much sums up how I feel on this one too.

SM

SM

What does AvP:R add to the lore?  I woulda thought The Predator added more lore - even if it was stupid lore.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 15, 2024, 10:03:42 PM
Quote from: marrerom on Jan 15, 2024, 09:57:00 PMHonestly, I'm surprised by that poll. The Predator at least was competently filmed, with a real writer and director.

I love Shane Black. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Iron Man 3, and The Nice Guys rock. That something so unwatchably bad from came from him, when he should have been a sure fit for this property, makes the end result for this one sting even more than it otherwise would have.

The cast make it eminently watchable, in spite of the amazing amount of dumb.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Jan 16, 2024, 03:00:46 AMWhat does AvP:R add to the lore?

Eggbarfing?

SM

SM

This must be some strange new definition of "add" that I wasn't previously aware of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed