Aliens Bishop

Started by felix, Apr 19, 2023, 04:56:25 AM

Author
Aliens Bishop (Read 80,261 times)

SM

SM

She was chomping on a cigar in the photo right?

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SM on Oct 29, 2023, 10:50:38 PMShe was chomping on a cigar in the photo right?

Yup...It was handed to her as a trophy after she defeated a yautja and made it look into her eye. I think it's due to be explored further in Titan's upcoming novel 'Predator: Day on the Farm'

SM

SM

Awesome!

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 19, 2023, 01:24:26 PM
QuoteBishop is pursued by Colonial Marines Captain Marcel Apone, commander of the Il Conde and younger brother of Master Sergeant Alexander Apone, one of the casualties of the doomed mission to LV-426. Also on his trail are the "Dog Catchers," commandos employed by Weyland-Yutani.

Who else might benefit from Bishop's intimate knowledge of the deadliest creatures in the galaxy?

THIS sounds like really dumb melodrama.

So who came up with this idea exactly?

How did they come up with this crap? Would be interesting to know, maybe.

Bishop story great, soap opera family connections, da dumb.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Exactly, well said, why are they trying to make Alien into a family soap opera with these recent novels?

SM

SM

I remember talking to Fox licensing about this years ago and how they don't have the luxury of doing novels and comics the way Star Wars can with familiar characters.  There needs to be Aliens in the stories and most characters don't survive the film in which they first encounter the Aliens.

Titan have obviously gone - 'Watch us'.

They asked me to pitch my 'Book of Morse' idea for the 30th anniversary, but then developed an allergy to returning emails.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's a new editor at Titan. Have you had anything to do with him yet?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2023, 05:13:24 AMbut then developed an allergy to returning emails.
I am sworn to secrecy

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 01, 2023, 03:52:57 PM
Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2023, 05:13:24 AMbut then developed an allergy to returning emails.
I am sworn to secrecy

About what?

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 01, 2023, 02:48:25 PMThere's a new editor at Titan. Have you had anything to do with him yet?

No. I pitched them in 2020. Followed it up, got told once that they hadn't forgotten about it while asking if I knew where they could find storyboards for Vincent Ward's script, followed up once or twice more before scrounging what was left of my dignity and moving on.

As you can see I have clearly moved on.

We also talked about an Encyclopedia idea that Steve T at Fox suggested before the mouse took over. That didn't go anywhere till they announced their Encyclopedia idea.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: SM on Nov 01, 2023, 05:13:24 AMI remember talking to Fox licensing about this years ago and how they don't have the luxury of doing novels and comics the way Star Wars can with familiar characters.  There needs to be Aliens in the stories and most characters don't survive the film in which they first encounter the Aliens.

Titan have obviously gone - 'Watch us'.

They asked me to pitch my 'Book of Morse' idea for the 30th anniversary, but then developed an allergy to returning emails.

And you were right in warning them. Exactly, what some people have said, one of the few logical returning characters could've been Morse (or a short story in the anthologies), and he never got a book with him outrunning WY or the government or whoever for writing and publishing his novel or something etc.

Titan's new direction is really confusing...

SM

SM

Vasquez and Bishop are two of the more popular characters in arguably the most popular film.  I wouldn't call it confusing that they'd go down that path.  Misguided perhaps - though I've not read either book so can't really judge.

Morse would be a better subject, but harder to market outside of Alien 3 fans.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 01, 2023, 10:46:57 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Nov 01, 2023, 03:52:57 PM
I am sworn to secrecy

About what?
About secrets and why things happen, silly!

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Does This book confirms that the android bishop is Breedable

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Nov 14, 2023, 04:46:25 PMDoes This book confirms that the android bishop is Breedable

No.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed