Aliens Bishop

Started by felix, Apr 19, 2023, 04:56:25 AM

Author
Aliens Bishop (Read 80,126 times)

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Sep 24, 2023, 10:20:38 AM"Bloody hell, mate. I wouldn't f**k you with her pussy."

And there was me, thinking it couldn't get any worse than "Pugh, Pugh, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub".

This not great then? This was one book I was actually looking forward to as a direct continuation of Alien 3.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Sep 24, 2023, 11:02:05 AM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Sep 24, 2023, 10:20:38 AM"Bloody hell, mate. I wouldn't f**k you with her pussy."

And there was me, thinking it couldn't get any worse than "Pugh, Pugh, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grub".

This not great then? This was one book I was actually looking forward to as a direct continuation of Alien 3.

I'll answer your question with the following, from which you may draw your own conclusions.

You know the bar Hudson wanted to open in the Aliens novelization? Referenced here as well! And what is it called?

The Tech Noir.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Sep 24, 2023, 11:19:24 AM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Sep 24, 2023, 11:02:05 AM

I'll answer your question with the following, from which you may draw your own conclusions.

You know the bar Hudson wanted to open in the Aliens novelization? Referenced here as well! And what is it called?

The Tech Noir.
>:(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

My copy still hasn't shipped from Waterstones.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 24, 2023, 12:40:08 PMMy copy still hasn't shipped from Waterstones.

Neither did mine. Get it from WHSmith instead.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

There must be some good points to this? Are their Aliens in it or is it all just about the politics?

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Sep 24, 2023, 01:21:17 PMThere must be some good points to this? Are their Aliens in it or is it all just about the politics?

The author's blatant Aussie self-insert character compares the Three World Empire symbol to the Nazi swastika, and one of the Royal Marines has an "imperial chin", whatever that means. And apparently the 3WE is now an evil dictatorship that shuts down universities for "harbouring subversives".

But, uh, yeah, some aliens do show up. They, er, cocoon people and stuff.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

They haven't really even fleshed out the 3WE and they're making it a cartoon villain state already? I haven't read this yet, so will try to at some point before I make my final judgement, but can Titan actually hire competent authors again?
I like the RPG quite a lot (even though the criticisms against it are legit), but every novel that has had anything to do with the RPG has caricatured the elements to the extreme. it's like a bunch of friends, amateur RPG players are writing these books. Maybe not, some of the GMs and players do a better job of creating top level stories.

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Yeah ive said a few times now. The novels started going downhill when they started crossing with the RPG. A shame because the RPG is largely excellent.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 24, 2023, 02:02:41 PMThey haven't really even fleshed out the 3WE and they're making it a cartoon villain state already?

Kick in the teeth, no? The 3WE is such a diverse mix of countries that it has the potential to be the most interesting of the conglomerate nations, and that potential has been roundly squandered so far.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Wait it's already out? I thought it would be arriving in December.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Sep 24, 2023, 08:06:55 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Sep 24, 2023, 02:02:41 PMThey haven't really even fleshed out the 3WE and they're making it a cartoon villain state already?

Kick in the teeth, no? The 3WE is such a diverse mix of countries that it has the potential to be the most interesting of the conglomerate nations, and that potential has been roundly squandered so far.

I'm currently doing a little zoomed in world building for 3WE PMCs, primarily because there's some really nice plastic miniatures for sci-fi soldiers that are very Aliens but not quite enough to be USCMC for real-world legal reasons, and I need to justify the purchase/painting effort.  :laugh:

Definitely going more Libertarian "paradise" than Fascist with my musings there, because, why wouldn't you in Alien?

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Also...

Spoiler
Robert Morse shows up.

And he asks for... ICE CREAM! 'Cos he says "ice cream" in Alien 3!
[close]

*barks and claps like a seal*

Man, I gotta start spoilering this shit.

EDIT: So I did!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Ironically he's the only minor character who actually deserves some EU love. Even then, I'd say a whole novel would be too much.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Sep 25, 2023, 08:35:48 PMIronically he's the only minor character who actually deserves some EU love. Even then, I'd say a whole novel would be too much.

🍦

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed