Dead by Daylight - ALIEN chapter

Started by PAS Spinelli, Aug 01, 2023, 03:09:16 PM

Author
Dead by Daylight - ALIEN chapter (Read 30,000 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

They might want to take a small breather from AvP and release someone else.

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 22, 2023, 01:06:45 PMThey might want to take a small breather from AvP and release someone else.
Maybe you're right, I am fairly optimistic that Predator might be coming to DBD.

Can we speculate on what Predator ability might be?

PAS Spinelli

Way ahead of you

QuoteThe Predator is a stealth killer that has a semi constant lullaby while cloaked (his clicking sounds)
Predator can press Ctrl to activate his Cloak, while cloaked the Predator gains his lullaby and can still use his M1 and Mouse 2 whenever he wants, he becomes almost completely invisible but gains no speed bonus, missed attacks don't remove the Cloak, but successful hits do.
 Press Mouse 2 to activate Heat Vision, while Heat vision is active, anything that produces heat will be highlighted to the Predator and scratch-marks are replaced by footprints, survivors can counter this by covering themselves in mud, which will hide their heat, but their footsteps will still be visible.
 the Predator's m1 attack is replaced by Plasma Caster while Heat Vision is active, Plasma Caster can be charged up to 3 times, with no Charge Plasma Caster is a map wide Projectile with no fall off that can damage only one target at once for one health state. The Caster can be charged to up to 3 seconds, at 1 second the Caster creates a small explosion, damaging everyone within for 1 health state, at 2 seconds the blast is increased and will damage generators and destroy breakables within it, and 3 seconds the blast is once again increased, and direct hitting a survivor will instantly put them into the dying state.
Plasma Caster and Heat Vision will both consume the power gauge. The power gauge will not recharge if cloak is being used.

Blood Sport
Blood sport determines the worthiness of your prey during the trial, as the trial moves on, survivors will gain Honor for completing generators, stunning you, taking protection hits, rescuing other survivors, this is determined by a bar around their portrait that only you can see, once the Honor bar is filled, the Predator's reticle will appear over that survivor's portrait for all to see, after that the Predator can take them to a hook and skin them alive no matter how many times they were hooked prior, this not only gives the Predator a huge amount of bloodpoints, but also fills him with pride in his hunt, giving him 5% haste and increased gauge regeneration for the next minute.
Skinning a survivor takes the honor of all other survivors away by 25%
Survivors lose a bit of honor when being grabbed out of lockers, blinding you(flashlight saves dont count), healing mid chase and covering themselves in mud within your sight.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 22, 2023, 08:01:18 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 22, 2023, 01:06:45 PMThey might want to take a small breather from AvP and release someone else.
Maybe you're right, I am fairly optimistic that Predator might be coming to DBD.

Can we speculate on what Predator ability might be?
The ability to slowly walk after the humans to put them on hooks.

BigChapismyBestFriend

BigChapismyBestFriend

Man, with everyone telling behavior that the Xenomorph has a bug, they decided to silently Nerf him. What a great dev team, it's like they're doing the opposite of fixing things

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 22, 2023, 09:45:40 PMWay ahead of you

QuoteThe Predator is a stealth killer that has a semi constant lullaby while cloaked (his clicking sounds)
Predator can press Ctrl to activate his Cloak, while cloaked the Predator gains his lullaby and can still use his M1 and Mouse 2 whenever he wants, he becomes almost completely invisible but gains no speed bonus, missed attacks don't remove the Cloak, but successful hits do.
 Press Mouse 2 to activate Heat Vision, while Heat vision is active, anything that produces heat will be highlighted to the Predator and scratch-marks are replaced by footprints, survivors can counter this by covering themselves in mud, which will hide their heat, but their footsteps will still be visible.
 the Predator's m1 attack is replaced by Plasma Caster while Heat Vision is active, Plasma Caster can be charged up to 3 times, with no Charge Plasma Caster is a map wide Projectile with no fall off that can damage only one target at once for one health state. The Caster can be charged to up to 3 seconds, at 1 second the Caster creates a small explosion, damaging everyone within for 1 health state, at 2 seconds the blast is increased and will damage generators and destroy breakables within it, and 3 seconds the blast is once again increased, and direct hitting a survivor will instantly put them into the dying state.
Plasma Caster and Heat Vision will both consume the power gauge. The power gauge will not recharge if cloak is being used.

Blood Sport
Blood sport determines the worthiness of your prey during the trial, as the trial moves on, survivors will gain Honor for completing generators, stunning you, taking protection hits, rescuing other survivors, this is determined by a bar around their portrait that only you can see, once the Honor bar is filled, the Predator's reticle will appear over that survivor's portrait for all to see, after that the Predator can take them to a hook and skin them alive no matter how many times they were hooked prior, this not only gives the Predator a huge amount of bloodpoints, but also fills him with pride in his hunt, giving him 5% haste and increased gauge regeneration for the next minute.
Skinning a survivor takes the honor of all other survivors away by 25%
Survivors lose a bit of honor when being grabbed out of lockers, blinding you(flashlight saves dont count), healing mid chase and covering themselves in mud within your sight.
Those are pretty cool Idea you have there.

PAS Spinelli

The bug actually came with the nerf instead of being there before it, the alien was working perfectly before the patch 2 weeks ago, in the last PTB the bug not only got fixed but the way the tail worked changed, making the recovery faster, so it will be a buff once the halloween update drops in 1-2ish weeks

BigChapismyBestFriend

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 26, 2023, 12:01:20 AMThe bug actually came with the nerf instead of being there before it, the alien was working perfectly before the patch 2 weeks ago, in the last PTB the bug not only got fixed but the way the tail worked changed, making the recovery faster, so it will be a buff once the halloween update drops in 1-2ish weeks
Hopefully man, I do like this game it's just I not good at it most of the time and it make me angry. Which is the reason why I mostly play on private servers because the bots there aren't assholes.

Scott Conover

Is this worth jumping into just for the Alien stuff?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Scott Conover on Sep 26, 2023, 04:02:03 AMIs this worth jumping into just for the Alien stuff?
It wasn't for me...really isn't my kind of game, although I'm obviously into Alien and Predator.
Will try again when Predator arrives, but briefly.
Probably some kind of Jungle map then?

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Scott Conover on Sep 26, 2023, 04:02:03 AMIs this worth jumping into just for the Alien stuff?
DBD isn't for everyone, getting into playing as killer is harder than as survivor (since as surv you can always play with friends)

Wweyland

Wweyland

I found being the Killer easier, but did not win many rounds though.
Sometimes, I wasn't even sure who exactly won a round, when I killed 3/4 of the survivors for example.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Wweyland on Sep 27, 2023, 01:18:14 PMI found being the Killer easier, but did not win many rounds though.
Sometimes, I wasn't even sure who exactly won a round, when I killed 3/4 of the survivors for example.
0-1 kill = loss
2 kills = tie
3-4 kills = win

BigChapismyBestFriend

They fix the xenomorph tail bug.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Sep 28, 2023, 12:23:19 AMThey fix the xenomorph tail bug.
Nope.

BenditlikeBeckum

So how would you rate this mod (DLC) for anyone waiting for a real alien franchise game in comparison with whats out there? Is it a 'just a dlc' from a maker who didn't intend for this engine to be the be all end of for all horror movie tie-in in the gaming market?

Is it polished and worth coming back again and again to?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed