Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 629,265 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Even in the presence of a volatile Canadian director?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I wonder how he manages to cope in New Zealand which is also a nation of tea drinkers.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 10, 2023, 07:14:22 PMI wonder how he manages to cope in New Zealand which is also a nation of tea drinkers.

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jan 06, 2023, 09:18:23 PMI'm an antipodean colonial of primarily Scottish extraction. So I'm not from the UK and have nothing at all to do with England.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

LT is right to post that, there's been a large cultural/generational shift here. Gumboot tea is generally seen as something for your grandma or a sick person. All other tea is considered to be for POMs or hippies, although I'll admit to being partial to some South African Rooibos tea if it's a really hot summer day.

But all in all, and especially in the cities, and fundamentally in the greater Wellington region cambo hangs out in, we're a coffee nation through and through. We were considered some of the best in the world at making it for a time, although I'm not sure that's still the case.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I've always figured New Zealand as a kind of antipodean blighty with added penguins and kiwis.

My views are admittedly very antiquated.  :-\

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Does the village of Bree remind you of home?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Reminds me of Shaftesbury.

Do you reckon those stories about Kiwi's and sheep are true? It's quite worrying to be honest.

Kradan

Kradan

@Xenomrph is that yours ?

Have to go underground for a while. Don't worry about me, I'm okay, just need a break

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 11, 2023, 07:32:53 AMI've always figured New Zealand as a kind of antipodean blighty with added penguins and kiwis.

More like Australia without the snakes.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 11, 2023, 08:22:22 AMDo you reckon those stories about Kiwi's and sheep are true? It's quite worrying to be honest.

No, we're a nation of cannibals now:

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 11, 2023, 07:46:14 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 11, 2023, 08:22:22 AMDo you reckon those stories about Kiwi's and sheep are true? It's quite worrying to be honest.

No, we're a nation of cannibals now:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2rFcOzbMAA-XBQ?format=png&name=large

Isn't that just corpse starch?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 11, 2023, 07:57:22 PMIsn't that just corpse starch?

I don't think they get fresh veggies in the Guard.

I like that it even gets you to agitate it, let it sit, then encourages you to breathe it in.

Nightmare Asylum

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 11, 2023, 10:10:51 AMHave to go underground for a while. Don't worry about me, I'm okay, just need a break

>:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed