Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 629,406 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Didn't think culture respected our elders anymore?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 28, 2023, 07:54:14 AM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jul 28, 2023, 03:44:04 AM26 now, feel old. Felt like I was sixteen only a few years ago.
Old c**t.

Wait until you're in your 30s and you put your back out putting plates away in the kitchen cupboard.
Motherf**ker I put my back out sleeping

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Jul 28, 2023, 10:22:31 AMMotherf**ker I put my back out sleeping
:laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Spent 10 days in a Christian summer camp in Carpathians helping to feed 130 people 3 times a day. Dear God, I miss it already  :'(

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 31, 2023, 05:02:41 PMSpent 10 days in a Christian summer camp in Carpathians helping to feed 130 people 3 times a day. Dear God, I miss it already  :'(

Did you enter the keep?

Kradan

Kradan

I'm not sure what you mean - could you explain ?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 01, 2023, 05:13:37 AMI'm not sure what you mean - could you explain ?

Dear Kradan,

I hope this letter finds you well. I thought you might be interested in a film I recently rewatched from 1983, directed by Michael Mann, called "The Keep". The film is set in an evocative location - the Carpathian Mountains, a setting that immediately transports the viewer to an isolated, foreboding world.

The plot of "The Keep" centers around a citadel in a small Romanian village within these Carpathian Mountains. It's 1941, and a detachment of the German army, under the command of Captain Klaus Woermann, takes up residence in this keep to control the strategic Dinu Pass during World War II.

Now, this is no ordinary keep. In the structure's interior, the soldiers find large, unusual nickel crosses embedded into the walls. Despite Woermann's orders to leave them untouched, two soldiers attempt to loot one of these crosses, releasing an ancient entity known as Radu Molasar. Molasar begins to systematically kill off the soldiers, drawing on their life force to strengthen himself.

In an attempt to combat the mysterious force, the German high command sends a detachment of Einsatzkommandos under the leadership of sadistic SS Sturmbannführer Erich Kaempffer, along with a Jewish historian, Professor Theodore Cuza, and his daughter, Eva. They hope Cuza can decipher the keep's mysterious symbols and figure out how to combat the entity. Instead, Cuza allies himself with Molasar, who promises to end the Holocaust in exchange for his help escaping the keep.

The film then introduces another crucial character: Glaeken Trismegestus, a mysterious stranger who seems to understand the true nature of Molasar and has the ability to stop him. Glaeken and Eva develop a relationship as he tries to stop Molasar, culminating in a final confrontation within the keep.

"The Keep" is a mix of horror, war, and fantasy genres, weaving together an atmospheric, enigmatic tale. It's notable for its unique blending of World War II history with supernatural elements, as well as the iconic synthesizer score by Tangerine Dream.

Hope you find this movie as interesting as I did.

Yours sincerely,

ChatGPT

Kradan

Kradan

So as I've written above I've spent 10 days in a Christian summer camp. There were 12 of us in the kitchen - 4 guys (including me) and 8 girls. There was one girl in particular. I wouldn't say that there was a "spark" between us or anything but I certainly enjoyed her company and the way she smiled when I said something witty or funny. She also had beautiful voice and there was lots of singing in the kitchen

But in the last few days she started to become less ... warm I would say. Perhaps I tried too hard to get her attention and it got annoying, I can certainly be like that with people sometimes.

Then came the last day. First, I had to bring some pretty heavy boxes with fruits and vegetables. Then was time to wash dishes after dinner. I was washing dishes when she came into kitchen and asked "What these lemons are for ?". And that was the moment where all of my tiredness from these 10 days came right to my head. "If you don't like them - you can carry them back", I replied. "Calm down", she said. Then I got some water from the sink and threw it right at her. She didn't expect that. "Are you OK ?" - her tone clearly implied she didn't think I was OK. I was left ashamed and angry with myself. I awkwardly tried to apologize two times. Both times she said she has forgiven me but I felt as if she had said that because she was taught to forgive others not because she had actually forgiven me. I'm in no way trying to say she had to forgive me, heck, I'd probably be just as pissed in her place. I still feel myself stupid. Sigh. At least we shook hands before each of us traveled home

Just felt the need to share that story somewhere. If you've read this far, thank you

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well. It's certainly been a day today. Glad it's nearly done with.

Kradan

Kradan

@The Eighth Passenger , what is the properly British way to drink tea ?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Well, the first thing you need to do is keep a stiff upper lip.

Daintily raise the cup and saucer to your upper chest. Then verily lift the cup to your mouth with your right hand. As you raise and tilt the cup to your mouth, raise the right pinky. Take small cultured sips, never gulp.

Kradan

Kradan

How do you prepare your tea ? As in, milk or no milk, what to add first etc. ?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Most people add milk and sugar.

Usually you pre-heat a teapot and then add a teabag (black tea) and boiling water and brew it for 3 to 5 minutes. Add tea to teacup then add the milk and sugar.

Or you can just drop a teabag straight into a mug and brew it in the mug.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

What about crumpets?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Crumpets, scones, sticky buns... what have you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed