In The News (Read 1,418,460 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 12, 2023, 08:36:00 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Jun 12, 2023, 08:26:44 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 12, 2023, 12:12:30 AM
Quote from: Shinawi on Jun 11, 2023, 10:18:40 AMMost of the countries stopped counting.

Then again, some countries got completely brain-f**ked by it too. Here in NZ there's still daily covid case numbers in the news.

does mask wearing still apply?

In hospitals, doctors clinics and some government buildings, yes. I'd say about 1 in 10 people still wear them in any shared indoor space (ie; grocery stores) voluntarily too.

sorry to hear .

oduodu

oduodu

thought it was news worthy. why?

@0:38

it is speculated that disney is is going start selling some of its subsiduaries/ ip s.

possible effect on the alien franchise if indeed so?

*not panicking clickbait*

kwisatz

oduodu

oduodu

kwisatz

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

James Cameron weighs in on the missing tourist submarine:

QuoteTitanic director James Cameron: "I'm struck by the similarity" of both incidents

Titanic film director James Cameron who has made 33 dives to the wreck site has responded to the news of OceanGate Titan's submersible imploding.

In an interview with ABC, Cameron said:

"I've been down there many times... I know the wreck site very well... I understand the engineering problems associated with building this type of vehicle and all the safety protocols...
This is a mature art and many people in the community were concerned about the sub... I'm struck by the similarity of the Titanic disaster itself, where the captain was repeatedly warned about ice ahead of his ship and yet he steamed at full speed into an ice field on a moonless night and many people died as a result."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/jun/22/titanic-sub-live-updates-search-titan-missing-submarine-submersible-rescue-us-coast-guard-latest-news

Eal

Eal

In the CEOs case, the guy repeatedly ignored advice of experienced engineers. I wish he learned his lesson before taking 4 other people with him to an early death.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

From some of the old videos of him, he appeared to be quite a narcissist.

https://twitter.com/stonking/status/1671945151961333784?cxt=HHwWsIC8qbzQ-LMuAAAA

A rather graphic description of what would have happened to the crew. At least it was quick if rather violent:

https://twitter.com/OliLondonTV/status/1671951053753909255

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 23, 2023, 08:12:29 AMOli London

That's an... interesting choice of commentator.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 23, 2023, 08:38:07 AM

Haven't the foggiest who he is?

He was quoting Captain Dave Corley (USN) so I assume the information is reliable. Other experts also corroborate it.

SiL

SiL

I feel bad for the 19 year old whose dad dragged him on the trip for Father's Day.

This was, horribly, the second best case scenario. The best case scenario was unfortunately bordering on impossible.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Kid didn't seem keen at all. Extreme deep sea exploration is as risky as space exploration.

QuoteSuleman Dawood was "terrified" to go on the Titanic tourist sub trip that would eventually claim his life, according to his aunty. The 19-year-old was reportedly reluctant to go, but eager to please his Titanic enthusiast dad Shahzada Dawood as the trip fell on Father's Day weekend

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Feel awful for the kid and the families. Just awful. 😞 I guess there is a small piece of solace in that they didn't suffer.  I remember seeing those stories about that sub like a year ago and remember being really skeptical about it. It just didn't look right at all.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 23, 2023, 08:45:34 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 23, 2023, 08:38:07 AM

Haven't the foggiest who he is?

A genuine lunatic who's had dozens of plastic surgeries to change his race from English/White to South Korean, and is currently peddling "we have to save the children from the woke cult" rhetoric.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed