In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,417,535 times)

Shinawi

Shinawi

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

The De-Dollarization scare happens every decade, now it's just a bit louder cause the world and especially media have been out of control since Covid. From the less fearmongering and clickbait experts, I don't see them taking this seriously.

P. S. saying this as someone not from the USA, just my two cents.

oduodu

oduodu

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

BRICS lol, Russia who's economy was previously the size of California BEFORE their stupid invasion, South Africa who can't even keep a 40W lightbulb burning anymore, economic powerhouse, Brazil and India.

The only serious player there is China.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Why am I not surprised to learn that ralfy's a tankie?

Eal

Eal

Quote from: oduodu on Jun 09, 2023, 07:11:55 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E6et0vArOQ

My still-sleepy brain read this as "Mel Gibson arrested for trafficking"

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 10, 2023, 02:11:25 PMWhy am I not surprised to learn that ralfy's a tankie?

Probably the stubborn clinging to weird opinions.

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jun 10, 2023, 09:51:12 AMBRICS lol, Russia who's economy was previously the size of California BEFORE their stupid invasion, South Africa who can't even keep a 40W lightbulb burning anymore, economic powerhouse, Brazil and India.

The only serious player there is China.

They're not working individually. Rather, China is leading BRICS plus over forty emerging markets, including Brazil.

They've been experiencing economic problems, but so's G-7, which is why Japan has been buying oil directly from Russia and European countries indirectly via India. Even countries like France are now answering back at the U.S. while making deals with China.

But overall, they've been experiencing high growth rates, with VIP (Vietnam, Indonesia, and the Philippines) experiencing significantly high ones, while China has the highest long-term.

Meanwhile, the U.S. has been experiencing low growth since the 1960s, chronic trade deficits since the 1970s, and soaring debt since the 1980s, and the only way it can continue borrowing and spending heavily is for most to rely on the dollar for trade.

Which they're now avoiding.

Shinawi

Shinawi

From what I've heard from the YouTube channels, both sides aren't doing well including China. Maybe Vietnam, Indonesia, and the Philippines are recovering from the effects of the pandemic. There are news articles claiming the recovery of South Korea, but it's too early to tell. As mentioned in the first video that I posted, it'll take a long time for de-dollarization to happen if it does happen. It won't happen right after the BRICS join together in de-dollarization. The Chinese yuan is actually declining against the dollar, so I don't see why the other countries besides the BRICS would de-dollarize now. Maybe Saudi Arabia would. I don't trust the news coming from China. Back when China claimed 0 infections and claimed that all of their infected have recovered, several Chinese tourists were found to be infected when they arrived in South Korea. This is why I don't trust their economic news either. There might've been more of the infected from China later on, but the news stopped mentioning it. The reason that the previous South Korean administration opened up to the Chinese tourists during the early stage of the pandemic was because Xi threatened economic revenge (which Xi has done before). Ironically, the early skyrocketing infection rate in South Korea scared the Chinese tourists away, and the infection rate dropped down after the tourists stopped visiting. The reason why certain countries are shown to have higher infections is that they continued to count the infected. Most of the countries stopped counting.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Shinawi on Jun 11, 2023, 10:18:40 AMMost of the countries stopped counting.

Then again, some countries got completely brain-f**ked by it too. Here in NZ there's still daily covid case numbers in the news.

ralfy

ralfy

Quote from: Shinawi on Jun 11, 2023, 10:18:40 AMFrom what I've heard from the YouTube channels, both sides aren't doing well including China. Maybe Vietnam, Indonesia, and the Philippines are recovering from the effects of the pandemic. There are news articles claiming the recovery of South Korea, but it's too early to tell. As mentioned in the first video that I posted, it'll take a long time for de-dollarization to happen if it does happen. It won't happen right after the BRICS join together in de-dollarization. The Chinese yuan is pegged to the US dollar, so I don't see why the other countries besides the BRICS would de-dollarize now. Maybe Saudi Arabia would. I don't trust the news coming from China. Back when China claimed 0 infections and claimed that all of their infected have recovered, several Chinese tourists were found to be infected when they arrived in South Korea. This is why I don't trust their economic news either. There might've been more of the infected from China later on, but the news stopped mentioning it. The reason that the previous South Korean administration opened up to the Chinese tourists during the early stage of the pandemic was because Xi threatened economic revenge (which Xi has done before). Ironically, the early skyrocketing infection rate in South Korea scared the Chinese tourists away, and the infection rate dropped down after the tourists stopped visiting. The reason why certain countries are shown to have higher infections is that they continued to count the infected. Most of the countries stopped counting.

Everyone hasn't been doing well, including industrialized nations. But overall it's the Global South that's been experiencing long-term growth and, according to Goldman Sachs and others, will soon take over the global economy because of high growth and large, young populations. Meanwhile, industrialized nations that have been dependent on them for cheap labor and resources will also be dependent on them for even young people as they face population aging.

Many of them are now de-dollarizing because for many decades they were being bullied by the same industrialized nations, but especially the U.S. The latter has had a long history of manipulating, destabilizing, and attacking various countries over oil and strategic advantages, and they were the victims of that. That's why they are slowly moving away from the dollar and thus creating a multipolar world. The U.S., in contrast, needs a unipolar one with it leading because it needs demand for the dollar to maintain decades of heavy borrowing and spending:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/164163-krugman-and-the-pied-pipers-of-debt

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 12, 2023, 12:12:30 AM
Quote from: Shinawi on Jun 11, 2023, 10:18:40 AMMost of the countries stopped counting.

Then again, some countries got completely brain-f**ked by it too. Here in NZ there's still daily covid case numbers in the news.

still covid cases? does mask wearing still apply?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: oduodu on Jun 12, 2023, 08:26:44 AM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 12, 2023, 12:12:30 AM

does mask wearing still apply?

In hospitals, doctors clinics and some government buildings, yes. I'd say about 1 in 10 people still wear them in any shared indoor space (ie; grocery stores) voluntarily too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed