Aliens Bishop

Started by felix, Apr 19, 2023, 04:56:25 AM

Author
Aliens Bishop (Read 80,349 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 25, 2023, 09:46:35 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 25, 2023, 08:32:27 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 24, 2023, 10:23:38 AMIt feels as bad as the "Somehow, the LV-426 Colony survived" trope we have had multiple times already.
When has it happened other than A:CM?
Aliens: Aftermath at least.
Oh that's right. I don't even know what happens in that story to be honest.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 25, 2023, 09:59:51 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 24, 2023, 10:23:38 AMIt feels as bad as the "Somehow, the LV-426 Colony survived" trope we have had multiple times already.

It was absolutely terrible and you're better off not knowing

Kradan

Kradan

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 26, 2023, 04:48:49 PM

No no, I think I want to know.

I shouldn't, but I think I want to know how stupid this franchise gets sometimes.

Hit me.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 27, 2023, 01:08:55 AM

I shouldn't, but I think I want to know how stupid this franchise gets sometimes.

Hit me.
Vasquez's nephew is there. He's looking for his auntie. He finds something of her's; I can't remember what it was now... her smart gun or her chest armor or something...
Then there's the glowing white alien they show on the covers. Except it has liquid nitrogen blood instead of acid blood for some reason.
It ends with a hologram of mrs. yutani convincing someone to do her bidding, and bring back "patient zero" who's been in cryo freeze this whole time and still alive carrying an alien embryo. They never say explicitly who patient zero is, but that would have to be newt's father since he was the first colonist exposed. So him being alive and in cryo means they officially retconned River of Pain/Newt's Tale, or the writer f**ked up royally and didn't realize he was contradicting the previously established lore so egregiously.
Regardless, the white alien, patient zero reveal, Mrs. Yutani, and Vasquez's nephew all made for a pretty pathetic storyline that I'd love to forget.

Update: it was Vasquez's smart gun he found.

PS. I like to call the glowing white alien the Caspermorph.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 27, 2023, 01:34:55 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 27, 2023, 01:08:55 AM

Hit me.
Vasquez's nephew is there. He's looking for his auntie. He finds something of her's; I can't remember what it was now... her smart gun or her chest armor or something...
Then there's the glowing white alien they show on the covers. Except it has liquid nitrogen blood instead of acid blood for some reason.
It ends with a hologram of mrs. yutani convincing someone to do her bidding, and bring back "patient zero" who's been in cryo freeze this whole time and still alive carrying an alien embryo. They never say explicitly who patient zero is, but that would have to be newt's father since he was the first colonist exposed. So him being alive and in cryo means they officially retconned River of Pain/Newt's Tale, or the writer f**ked up royally and didn't realize he was contradicting the previously established lore so egregiously.
Regardless, the white alien, patient zero reveal, Mrs. Yutani, and Vasquez's nephew all made for a pretty pathetic storyline that I'd love to forget.

Update: it was Vasquez's smart gun he found.

PS. I like to call the glowing white alien the Caspermorph.
I, uh

Huh

Well, that sure is a piece of officially licensed franchise fiction that a whole team of people made on purpose.

Christ

Engineer

Engineer

I tried to warn you lol

SiL

SiL

At this point in just trying to enjoy the insanity.

Engineer

Engineer

Liquid nitrogen blood is not insanity
It's stupidity

Kradan

Kradan

I mean, liquid nitrogen for blood could've been an interesting twist ... if they bothered to give it a reasonable explanation

Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2023, 04:18:50 AMAt this point in just trying to enjoy the insanity.

Are you saying this comic needed more swords ?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 27, 2023, 04:33:11 AMLiquid nitrogen blood is not insanity
It's stupidity
It's insane someone would approve something so stupid.

Wweyland

Wweyland

A glowing Xenomorph type (a Xenomorph Ghost?) was missing from the lore so they get points for originality.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 27, 2023, 05:00:21 AMI mean, liquid nitrogen for blood could've been an interesting twist ... if they bothered to give it a reasonable explanation

Quote from: SiL on Apr 27, 2023, 04:18:50 AMAt this point in just trying to enjoy the insanity.

Are you saying this comic needed more swords ?

I don't think there is a reasonable explanation for a living creature with liquid nitrogen blood. It makes zero sense biologically (engineered that way or not)... cold blooded creatures get lethargic when their body temperatures drop too low; I can't even imagine how lethargic this thing should have been, and that's only the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended). I get it that it's an alien and its body could very well work differently than creatures from earth, but temperature effects are universal. I'm no expert in this area, so if there's a biologist out there that can rationalize a creature having liquid nitrogen blood I'd be interested in hearing that rationalization. But based on my current understanding it's pretty nonsensical.

Kradan

Kradan

For a layman like me, it as nonsensical as a creature having acidic blood

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I always liked the idea that the Alien has acid blood because it's essentially a biological battery, and that's where it gets its energy from, and is why it can survive pretty much anywhere.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed