Aliens Bishop

Started by felix, Apr 19, 2023, 04:56:25 AM

Author
Aliens Bishop (Read 76,796 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 23, 2023, 05:39:59 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 23, 2023, 04:17:50 PMAs for what Bishop knows, I think he could know more than you might think. He had access to the Sulaco's flight recorder for some reason, and they could take the route the final chapter in the Colonial Marines Technical Manual takes and say that the Sulaco's data included everything broadcast to the APC, which includes all of the Marines' cameras. The Sulaco data also included video footage from onboard the Sulaco itself, including the Queen fight.

But Bishop said that everything in the Sulaco's computer got sent back to the network.
Shit, you're right. My bad.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I still think it would make far more sense for Michael Bishop to find the facehugger corpse on Fury.  He could still salvage Bishop's remains and plug him in like Ripley did, but the facehugger itself would be the real prize.

SiL

SiL

I think it makes the most sense that these people don't pay attention to the movies.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It's practically a prerequisite for being hired to write one of these books.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 24, 2023, 12:31:06 AMIt's practically a prerequisite for being hired to write one of these books.
"This pitch is ridiculous, have you even seen the movies?"
"Well... once, a long time ago."
"Perfect, you're hired."

Kradan

Kradan

Maybe we can get a surprise Hudson's relative cameo who will of course be complaining about something so Apone's relative can say "Look into my eye" so then Hudson's relative can reply with something about lip cancer.

Wouldn't that be great ?

Btw, when is  the  book about Brett's parrot coming out ?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Apr 23, 2023, 11:46:07 PMI think it makes the most sense that these people don't pay attention to the movies.

This comment reminded me of the number of glaring inconsistencies in River of Pain that even one cursory viewing of the movie would've immediately highlighted.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Gotta love some convoluted EU. Just finished Aliens: Annual and it features the second Ash resurrection (are these resurrections connected?).

It feels as bad as the "Somehow, the LV-426 Colony survived" trope we have had multiple times already.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 24, 2023, 10:23:38 AM"Somehow, the LV-426 Colony survived"

Are you saying that Hadley's Hope is Palpatine of Alien universe ?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Kradan on Apr 24, 2023, 12:38:13 PM
Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 24, 2023, 10:23:38 AM"Somehow, the LV-426 Colony survived"

It's difficult to say. Palpatine survived (or was cloned) both in the old and new Star Wars EU.
I don't remember the LV-426 Colony surviving in the old EU, although there was the new colony from AvP Classic. The Old EU was kind of awesome.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 24, 2023, 01:14:14 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Apr 24, 2023, 12:38:13 PM

It's difficult to say. Palpatine survived (or was cloned) both in the old and new Star Wars EU.
I don't remember the LV-426 Colony surviving in the old EU, although there was the new colony from AvP Classic. The Old EU was kind of awesome.

What do you consider "old EU" in this case? If it's pre-Disney era than I'd say ACM is your old EU example for Hadley's Hope surviving the blast...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Still waaay worse than anything the "new EU" has given us yet.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Engineer on Apr 24, 2023, 02:15:04 PMWhat do you consider "old EU" in this case? If it's pre-Disney era than I'd say ACM is your old EU example for Hadley's Hope surviving the blast...

I've always thought of Out of the Shadows as the start of the new EU. That was the point at which Fox allegedly reset everything outside of the movies (even if they've since muddied the waters with things like River of Pain having nods to Newt's Tale).

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 24, 2023, 03:19:06 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Apr 24, 2023, 02:15:04 PMWhat do you consider "old EU" in this case? If it's pre-Disney era than I'd say ACM is your old EU example for Hadley's Hope surviving the blast...

I've always thought of Out of the Shadows as the start of the new EU. That was the point at which Fox allegedly reset everything outside of the movies (even if they've since muddied the waters with things like River of Pain having nods to Newt's Tale).
I agree with this. But now I realize that Colonial Marines just came out slightly before the book.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 24, 2023, 02:39:42 PMStill waaay worse than anything the "new EU" has given us yet.
I dunno, Aliens: Aftermath was pretty bad lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed