Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 629,999 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SiL on Oct 24, 2022, 09:21:09 PMThe pain most people associate with a root canal is the whole "your teeth is rotting from the inside" part. The actual root canal is painless and the residual pain is often managed with OTC meds.

Well, I wouldn't say painless. I just had one, and while they're definitely over-hyped in regards to how bad they supposedly are, there were a few bursts of quite severe pain.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Oct 24, 2022, 09:21:09 PMAdd my glasses, some remedial massage, and freakin' free sunscreen and we've actually got more out of it than we put in.

Mentioning your glasses just solidifies my image of you as Justin Theroux's character in Mulholland Drive.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 24, 2022, 09:28:57 PM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 24, 2022, 09:21:09 PMThe pain most people associate with a root canal is the whole "your teeth is rotting from the inside" part. The actual root canal is painless and the residual pain is often managed with OTC meds.

Well, I wouldn't say painless. I just had one, and while they're definitely over-hyped in regards to how bad they supposedly are, there were a few bursts of quite severe pain.
Fair, and it can be quite subjective to the person.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Also which tooth it is. I get the impression they're worse up the front, less so up the back.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Very back bottom left (no wisdom teeth).

And I guess it depends if your awake or out cold, like I was out cold via laughing gas when I got all my wisdom teeth out at once but I don't think it'd be the case with a root canal.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah you'll almost certainly be awake, just under some local.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Oct 24, 2022, 07:59:19 PMKeep in mind a lot of us are getting on towards 40 these days.

Yeah, that "millenians" (sic) was actually a dig at Ridley Scott (silent gen) who was actually refering to the gen-Z's, while I'm actually gen-X.

Awfully confusing old chap.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I had to have a nerve drilled into during a root canal, pretty agonising, or I remember that being the case anyway.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Oct 24, 2022, 11:08:04 PMI had to have a nerve drilled into during a root canal, pretty agonising, or I remember that being the case anyway.

Yup, that's why mine had a good dose of painful moments, although they were brief. Full nerve removal on an upper front tooth.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 24, 2022, 10:10:13 PMVery back bottom left (no wisdom teeth).

And I guess it depends if your awake or out cold, like I was out cold via laughing gas when I got all my wisdom teeth out at once but I don't think it'd be the case with a root canal.
Laughing gas is conscious sedation; if you were out cold you'd have had a general anaesthetic. If you had all four wisdom teeth out at once that's likely what they did.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I just assume it's laughing gas because I was certainly laughing before going to sleep then waking up in a completely different room ready to go home.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I think I'm experiencing a taste of the anxiety a parent deals with.

Yesterday got a call about my neighbour aggressively knocking on the door over a dispute and at first I thought he was the asshole.

But the more I learned the more I realized Dad was the asshole and all I can say is *sigh* and "goddammit".

Now I'm working again today and worrying if someone's going to do anything stupid.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed