[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,879 times)

SiL

SiL

This is the most explicit example of "ADI was asked to do this weirdness" and people still blame them.

Immortan Jonesy

Yeah yeah, I know that they were asked to design another creature to gradually return to the Pred design or something...but it's always a bittersweet outcome with their Predators.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on Aug 26, 2022, 03:17:28 AMThis is the most explicit example of "ADI was asked to do this weirdness" and people still blame them.

Yep, as multiple interviews have stated, Dan was involved intricately with the design process. They delivered exactly what he wanted. If folks don't like it that's totally fair, but it's gotten quite tiring seeing ADI always take all the blame for what fans don't like with a new design, as if ADI had complete creative control over that.

Immortan Jonesy

I don't blame ADI...but you know what? You're right. I don't like their Predators. Which is why I am looking forward for another studio to perform what the director asks them to design.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 26, 2022, 04:59:33 AMI don't blame ADI...but you know what? You're right. I don't like their Predators. Which is why I am looking forward for another studio to perform what the director asks them to design.

Fair enough. Pretty indifferent myself. Though if Dan gets another one it would more likely be Studio Gillis now so you don't have to worry. :p

Kidding aside, ADI has done more Preds than any other effects studio now, so I also wouldn't mind another having a shot. Would be cool to see KNB back. I'd say Legacy as well but they're way too busy with Star Wars.

Kradan

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 26, 2022, 04:59:33 AMI don't blame ADI...but you know what? You're right. I don't like their Predators. Which is why I am looking forward for another studio to perform what the director asks them to design.
I'm so sorry but you know what this means

Spoiler
[close]

Highland

Whilst I'm not a huge fan of the face, I much prefer it to - here's another predator that sorta looks like a worse version of Predator 1.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 26, 2022, 06:20:24 AM@Immortan Jonesy

>:( >:( >:(

:P  :P  :P

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 26, 2022, 06:29:55 AM
I'm so sorry but you know what this means

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Highland on Aug 26, 2022, 06:38:34 AMWhilst I'm not a huge fan of the face, I much prefer it to - here's another predator that sorta looks like a worse version of Predator 1.

Agreed, and that's been everything aside from Predator 2 and Predators if you are being somewhat generous.

That's why I genuinely think ADI did their best work on the Alien in their very first film, and their best work on the Predator in their last. 

skull-splitter

Quote from: Master on Aug 24, 2022, 05:25:03 PMRotten Tomatoes is not good example of reliable site either.
Even a broken clock can be right sometimes... I couldn't care about Rotten Tomatoes, but Prey is just solid.

Local Trouble

I'd say it was closer to about a 7 to a 7.5 out of 10.  Like ACM.

BlueMarsalis79

Reported for spreading harmful misinformation.

Immortan Jonesy

He likes to be a Local Trouble ;D

Spoiler
[close]

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 26, 2022, 11:37:57 PMI'd say it was closer to about a 7 to a 7.5 out of 10.  Like ACM.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed