What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 606,041 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 23, 2022, 07:28:20 PMThanks and hang in there! Hope you find something soon and it goes smoothly.

Not looking forward to the actual move itself but it will be nice decorating in time for Halloween.  ;D

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 23, 2022, 07:12:25 PMApartment applications suck but finally got everything squared away for a new place. 
I didn't realize it could be difficult to get an apartment. I was recently talking to a family member and he told me in order to be approved for this particular apartment he was interested in, he had to make 4x his gross monthly income.  :o

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 23, 2022, 08:02:42 PM
Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 23, 2022, 07:12:25 PMApartment applications suck but finally got everything squared away for a new place. 
I didn't realize it could be difficult to get an apartment. I was recently talking to a family member and he told me in order to be approved for this particular apartment he was interested in, he had to make 4x his gross monthly income.  :o

Yeah... rent's expensive... Certain areas are really bad and I live near Orlando, where it's in high demand, so it's driving the housing market and rent ridiculously high.

You kind of need someone else to live with in order to live (financially) comfortably.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: PredBabe on Aug 24, 2022, 01:01:13 AMYeah... rent's expensive... Certain areas are really bad and I live near Orlando, where it's in high demand, so it's driving the housing market and rent ridiculously high.

PredBabe

PredBabe

And still TOO. DAMN. HIGH.  :laugh:

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Just gotta survive one more day of work then it's vacation for me.

Downtown Toronto for Fan Expo Canada on Friday and Saturday being a highlight.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 24, 2022, 10:20:30 AMJust gotta survive one more day of work then it's vacation for me.

Downtown Toronto for Fan Expo Canada on Friday and Saturday being a highlight.

Have fun, take pictures!

Omg

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

With the pandemic and all I haven't been to Fan Expo Canada since 2019, until this past Friday and Saturday when I made my 2022 return. Now I'm back home and I already miss it as I had an awesome time and can't wait to do this annually again.

Had the pleasure of meeting Steve Blum (English voice actor for Spike in Cowboy Bebeop) for an autograph and meeting Carl Weathers for a photo op too.  ;D

Some pics:

Spoiler

[close]

and Star Wars stuff and other art prints I brought home:

Spoiler

[close]

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I love you Predator Rob <3

Looks like you had a good time then!

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I loved it.

I'm even feeling more inspired to take on cosplay for the first time too and now have a firmer idea of what I want to go for, but need to do lots of research to start.

What I'd like to do (and even have the figure for reference):

Spoiler

[close]

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Very cool, very nerdy. lol

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Very nerdy is how I roll.  8)

But I did a lot of digging and I think I'll pass on the idea and revert back to a previous idea. Mainly because I'd have to make my own blueprints for the foam cutouts from scratch which I have no experience with especially at such a large scale. Maybe one day but for now it'll be on the shelf.

That said, I did have a previous idea I was also interested in, a Viking (more historical rather than fantasy).

Most stuff would be bought but there's also room for personalization like the colour of the tunic or cloak and helmet variety, might even take a crack at making my own Shield as well as a foam sword or axe (since real weapons are illegal to carry around publicly).

Just an idea for a twist, but maybe have a bundle of Predator dreadlocks tied to the shoulder or belt as a trophy, maybe and maybe not.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

24 nine year olds...23 boys 1 girl(future Ripley)shooting at each other at Nerf Birthday Party.

Rounding E'm up was like trying to herd chipmunks  :laugh: 

Sadly I wasn't able to attend. I got a play by play from family.

Prez

Prez

After 40+ years finally getting to see KISS live in concert. My first ever rock band that I fell in love with. Man they put on a helluva spectacle too. WOW.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Aug 28, 2022, 10:47:41 PMWith the pandemic and all I haven't been to Fan Expo Canada since 2019, until this past Friday and Saturday when I made my 2022 return. Now I'm back home and I already miss it as I had an awesome time and can't wait to do this annually again.

Had the pleasure of meeting Steve Blum (English voice actor for Spike in Cowboy Bebeop) for an autograph and meeting Carl Weathers for a photo op too.  ;D

Some pics:

Spoiler

[close]

and Star Wars stuff and other art prints I brought home:

Spoiler

[close]

You're such a nerd ;D  Keep it up!  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed