10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,731 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I guess you're right. I think it's more how it was portrayed that weirded me out.

SiL

SiL

It was portrayed like every other movie?

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Watched the original movie recently, and it's actually incredible how much of that movie's aspects and logic would be considered shitty and unrealistic if we were to look it at how a lot of people look at Prey.

QuoteUhh a single squad takes out an entire camp that somehow failed to see them approach when they should have noticed them there?
 Mud doesn't hide your heat
 Arnold gets beat around for a solid minute in the final fight with bad camera work and reused shots
 Predator POV is way too zoomed in and looks bad, specially in the final fight
 Arnold's backup plan is stupid and very specific, he has a single trap to his left and specifically landed on the Predator's head, and instead of dodging it the Predator just stays there and looks at it??
 How did Arnold notice that the Predator only saw heat? Not only does mud not hid your heat but he was blending in with the environment.
 So instead of killing him the Predator takes off his mask to fight him mano-a-mano, so dumb!!
 Instead of just pulling his leg or pushing the spiked log on him, the Predator walks up slowly to his left? so dumb!!

I don't mean any of those seriously, but they are all on par with what is being said when "criticizing" Prey

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 21, 2022, 05:50:53 PMI have more trouble dealing with the numerous plot holes. How in the world does Feral walk without bumping into the environment since it appears that he sees only heated objects ?

I always wondered how Jungle Hunter saw and avoided the tripwires and explosives that Dutch's team set up.

oduodu

oduodu

by using the trees. it was only when they realized this that they chamged their tactics and set a trap accordingly. billy was the one who realized that it uses the trees. so when it took blaines body the previous night it came in using the trees.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That only explains how he avoided them, but how did he see them to know to avoid them?

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 22, 2022, 01:43:47 AMThat only explains how he avoided them, but how did he see them to know to avoid them?

he has thermal vision. he can also see in different spectrums. and he is technologically more advanced than us. perhaps he can switch to thermal imaging at night.

not exactly sure

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

But how would that enable him to see tripwires?  They don't emit heat.

I want answers! >:(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Tripwires are straight, God doesn't build in straight lines.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 22, 2022, 01:54:18 AMBut how would that enable him to see tripwires?  They don't emit heat.

I want answers! >:(

ok thats a fair point. don't know. my besy guess is thermal imaging like pilots on an apache ah 64 uses. they have a monochromatic display in green that converts thermal gradients into that monochromatic display. also maybe magnetic resonance imaging. if it can bend light sound and gravity with its cloaking device than perhaps itsbable to sence magnetix resonance.

possibly

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 22, 2022, 01:59:25 AMTripwires are straight, God doesn't build in straight lines.

But then they made organic tripwires using vines.  Like the one Dutch nearly snagged with his boot.  Those were straight too.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 22, 2022, 12:05:49 AMWatched the original movie recently, and it's actually incredible how much of that movie's aspects and logic would be considered shitty and unrealistic if we were to look it at how a lot of people look at Prey.

Quote1-Uhh a single squad takes out an entire camp that somehow failed to see them approach when they should have noticed them there?
 2-Mud doesn't hide your heat
 3-Arnold gets beat around for a solid minute in the final fight with bad camera work and reused shots
 4-Predator POV is way too zoomed in and looks bad, specially in the final fight
 5-Arnold's backup plan is stupid and very specific, he has a single trap to his left and specifically landed on the Predator's head, and instead of dodging it the Predator just stays there and looks at it??
 6-How did Arnold notice that the Predator only saw heat? Not only does mud not hid your heat but he was blending in with the environment.
 7-So instead of killing him the Predator takes off his mask to fight him mano-a-mano, so dumb!!
 8-Instead of just pulling his leg or pushing the spiked log on him, the Predator walks up slowly to his left? so dumb!!

I don't mean any of those seriously, but they are all on par with what is being said when "criticizing" Prey

1- the movie states at the start that the team is one of the best. Within the story we know that they can do this and it's their job.

Nothing in prey states how she can fight so good specially with a brand new created weapon.

2- I deosnt. It's a film on top of your skin that blends with the ambient heat,  remember,  the pred comes when it's hot.

In prey there's a plant that within second cools your internal body temperature. I think that would cause a lot of issues with your body.

3/4 ok.  I don't think people are complaining about the technical aspects of Prey.  Most of the issues are the horrible writing.

5- that's not a backup plan that was THE plan.  That's how traps work.  You put something in some place to draw something in. Plus the writing already showed that the pred cannot see traps using natural materials.

In prey she gets into a fight with the pred and beats the crap out of him for some reason before they get on with a trap that consist of the Pred forgetting the mudpit he saw a day before when he was tracking her while at the same time continuing to forget how to use his weapon.

6- Arnold learns that from the scene when he came out of the water and covered himself with mud saw the pred not notice him. He was invisible because he didn't move. The pred notices movement but he cannot get a clear shot. You see that as Arnold swings from once place to another and stops moving or when he throws a rock.

In prey the magic flower cools you in seconds and also covers movement because the pred didn't see her move right in front of him.

They both may not be realistic but one is tremendously less than another.

7- the predator was giving a fair chance to a trophy he declared worthy. And even with that Arnold got his ass beat.

In prey the predator was getting his butt beat in the last two fights.  One so much that he had to cloak. The other so much that the girl fighting him was so strong that she got him to cut his arm and ripped one of his mandibles.

8- the trap was setup that way.  Again,  a trap is supposed to draw you in a specific way.

In prey the pred forgot the mudpit he saw her fall in a day ago and was pulled into it by a girl he can surely rip apart with his bare hands. And then,  again,  forgets how his weapons work.

In Predator we are shown a weakness with his vision and in Prey we are shown a pred with no memory,  his weakness is that he has no knowledge and doesn't remember things.

That's fine you can make a dumb predator but that's not as finely structured as the previous films. Some people are not going to enjoy people beating the crap out of a predator that slowly loses his memory and is shown to be worst at fighting than the main characters. 

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

It's okay when Predator has convenient logic and made up stuff, but not when prey has convenient logic and made up stuff, learn the difference people!

SiL

SiL

Someone who says the film doesn't explain how she can fight well with a weapon she made despite the very obvious training montage is not arguing in good faith and cannot be reasoned with.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 22, 2022, 06:06:36 AMIt's okay when Predator has convenient logic and made up stuff, but not when prey has convenient logic and made up stuff, learn the difference people!

Predator is Sci-fi so there is a certain level of things that are going to be a bit out there. It also helps if you set stuff up within the story that pays off later.

Prey seems to be fantasy which this series is not. People are doing things out of nowhere. And,  again,  you can have a dumb brittle predator if you want but don't expect people to love it based on the history of the series. 

Quote from: SiL on Aug 22, 2022, 06:10:11 AMSomeone who says the film doesn't explain how she can fight well with a weapon she made despite the very obvious training montage is not arguing in good faith and cannot be reasoned with.

Two things,  one,  out of the 8 things I list you have one issue? that kinda means I overwhelemly did good.

2, the montage of something she JUST created, which was at most a couple of hours, was enough for you to be fine for her to be wiping that thing around so expertly that can she can kill multiple people with it?

In Pred we are told the team is one of the best, that's why they get called in. In Prey she just decides to tie a rope and the next day she's using it like an expert.

She can throw an axe,  that was established better. but

Sorry I consider the other thing bad writing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed