[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,900 times)

bobcunk

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 09:04:09 AMBecause latex will stretch out. The only solution is to stop opening the mandibles so wide.
ehy don't they use silicone or sone other material tgsts wknt stretch out fast, maybe a fabric coated in latex or something.

The Shuriken

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 16, 2022, 04:32:42 PMThe worst CGI was the puma/mountain lion.

All the animal CGI wasn't so great to me. Too bad they couldn't use actual trained animals. Next Predator movie (using animals or not) deserves a much bigger budget to accommodate whatever they need.

skull-splitter

Quote from: bobby brown on Aug 16, 2022, 03:00:21 PMThank god.
We do have to mention the questionable entry with The Predator...

RidgeTop

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: pmaz11 on Aug 16, 2022, 01:27:35 AMJust a side note here, since I have not really confirmed and/or asked yet. But in regards to the Feral Predator design again.

Can anyone verify how the Medkit Backpack & Speargun weapon were both attached to his back?

I figured some straps under the armpits? But they do seem to look strictly attached to his back muscle?  ???  *also, that "Skulls" logo original title there? Haha, thought Prey was a better call 8)

https://iili.io/gKjUkg.jpg
https://iili.io/gKj6hv.jpg
^ & Not a bad practical side profile of the Feral Predator here either I'd side ;D

In-universe, maybe something like the mask? We know the mask stays affixed to the face without any sort of clips or wires. So whatever tech holds the mask on might apply to the equipment? I don't know, Feral's the only one who does this.

Dino21AvP

Another side note question, has it been mentioned and/or confirmed that Feral's mask was the skull of a river ghost creature?

I've seen it mentioned a few times and they definitely have some similarities but I don't remember ever hearing anything official.

SiL

The mask isn't supposed to be anything in particular.

Leggs.obj

it would be nice to see more of the red glowing effect in the deeper crevices in the final cut, ferals helmet is such an interesting design.

bobcunk

Quote from: Still Collating... on Aug 16, 2022, 04:22:15 PMDidn't notice, but the severed head was bloody and seen in the dark mostly. The big "money shots" with the practical could've been nice. Still, I wouldn't call the CGI bad, but I always prefer practical when it's competent.
I alit of tge final fight scenes were practical but cgi was bad compared to modern movies, it was to shiny and unfinished looking. I have no problem with subtle cgi enhancements or full cgi when it looks good but I can't see a reason for it since its looks worse then the animatronic head and doesnt match the other scenes that used it. It reminded me of a movie from the 1990s were you could really tell when it was cgi or not.

happypred

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 16, 2022, 04:32:42 PMThe worst CGI was the puma/mountain lion.

Bear and deer were pretty bad as well

ace3g

ace3g

Alec just posted these on his IG story

alec_gillis Pleasure working with @michael_vincent_art on the organic aspects of the Feral Predator for @dannytrs

We've worked with Michael on a few projects and I always have a blast with him. I've always loved biologically plausible creatures so any concept artist who enjoys talking about viper sensor pits and secondary faces hidden in plain sight on tigers is okay by me.
Don't get me started on communicating through pheromones or the difference between squid tentacles and arms. Chemotactility? Not a topic for polite conversation.
Thanks to @dannytrs for letting us run feral on this one.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login. 

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 17, 2022, 03:17:12 AMAs a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login. 

Those last ones look very intimidating. The color makes it look vampiric :o

BigDaddyJohn

It does look creepy.

Mike’s Monsters

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I think we should rename him Will Feral.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed