[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,801 times)

ace3g

Another part of the face design that is still lacking, the mandibles need to extend past the nose area, lately the face is too flat.  IMO below is ideal from the profile angle.

Still Collating...

I didn't have a problem with the CGI face, but I do think the practical looks better, too bad we didn't get to see it.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2022, 05:32:05 AMYeah, I'm really not sure on the confusion here either. The films are not and have never been restricted by the comics or the novels or games. When Fox put together Bibles, they're for the people who are going to be working in the expanded universe, not for the people working on the films. The films can do what they want. That's the way it's been since in the early 90s...
My confusion is that there must be consistency in the EU, in which only the fanbase will ever look at. However, for the films, it's a free for all? Isn't that always the reverse in every single media work ever? It's like at this point The Predator should be 100% valid because f**k it, do what you want....damm that sucks.

bobcunk

Quote from: judge death on Aug 15, 2022, 05:47:22 PMPRobably same reason of the new the thing: studio dont think practical is cool enough and want cgi to add more digital effects that just end up looking bad in 5-10 years time. But its cool now.
the cgi aready looks bad in Prey whereas davy Jones in pirates of the Caribbean still looks good, jurrasic world dominion used alot of animatronic puppets and I thought it looked to puppety at times, like the dilophisoarus and the dimetrodons.

pmaz11

Just a side note here, since I have not really confirmed and/or asked yet. But in regards to the Feral Predator design again.

Can anyone verify how the Medkit Backpack & Speargun weapon were both attached to his back?

I figured some straps under the armpits? But they do seem to look strictly attached to his back muscle?  ???  *also, that "Skulls" logo original title there? Haha, thought Prey was a better call 8)

^ & Not a bad practical side profile of the Feral Predator here either I'd side ;D

happypred

happypred

I still dislike the Feral face design, definitely not my cup of tea

...but between the practical and the CGI, the former looks so much more real

It has real texture, the other has this fake smooth glistening look and I think wonkier proportions. They also seem to have elongated the roaring face and animated the brows with their crappy unnecessary CGI.

frasermaxx

I believe they should have left the practical face in with only minor CGI enhancements to the mandibles that's all. The practical face is bloody brilliant, so much detail than what was seen on film. If they wanted more shine to the face they could've added more KY jelly to make it slimy like in the original predator. That one is still the holy grail for predator face realism on screen.

happypred

Amazing what they did in the 80s with good practical

Stitch

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 16, 2022, 12:18:44 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 15, 2022, 05:32:05 AMYeah, I'm really not sure on the confusion here either. The films are not and have never been restricted by the comics or the novels or games. When Fox put together Bibles, they're for the people who are going to be working in the expanded universe, not for the people working on the films. The films can do what they want. That's the way it's been since in the early 90s...
My confusion is that there must be consistency in the EU, in which only the fanbase will ever look at. However, for the films, it's a free for all? Isn't that always the reverse in every single media work ever? It's like at this point The Predator should be 100% valid because f**k it, do what you want....damm that sucks.
Basically the EU is beholden to the films, but not the other way round.

BlueMarsalis79

As always.

426Buddy

426Buddy

The practical is actually pretty sweet looking.

I would have preferred they stuck with that instead of the CGI face. I'm guessing they couldn't get the range of movement then wanted from the practical head.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Still Collating... on Aug 15, 2022, 11:33:48 PMI didn't have a problem with the CGI face, but I do think the practical looks better, too bad we didn't get to see it.
It's there, unedited, in certain shots. The severed head was certainly practical

bobby brown

Thank god.

Still Collating...

Didn't notice, but the severed head was bloody and seen in the dark mostly. The big "money shots" with the practical could've been nice. Still, I wouldn't call the CGI bad, but I always prefer practical when it's competent.

BigDaddyJohn

The worst CGI was the puma/mountain lion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed