[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,794 times)

Kradan

Quote from: CANNON on Aug 15, 2022, 12:00:54 AMHonestly, the more I see it. The more it solidifies the truth. This design is poorly executed and makes absolutely no sense. That is not a predator face. End of the story.

If it is not Stan Winston's design, it is not a predator. That's the truth.

It honestly is just so aggravating. It has totally made me lose interest in what is actually a good movie. Literally have no interest in seeing this movie again because this design is just not a predator.

As I have said before, it is sad to think now with this movies success and praise,  I will never again see another predator movie with predator in it.

SiL

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 15, 2022, 04:57:58 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2022, 05:49:17 PMThe Bible is for the EU, not the film universe.

Wait.... WHAT?!

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 15, 2022, 04:14:47 AMOh, so if there is one for the EU, does that mean there is two Predator Bibles then?

Yeah... cause now... I'm confused.
... did people not learn from Alien 3?

And Alien Resurrection?

And The Predator?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I'm really not sure on the confusion here either. The films are not and have never been restricted by the comics or the novels or games. When Fox put together Bibles, they're for the people who are going to be working in the expanded universe, not for the people working on the films. The films can do what they want. That's the way it's been since in the early 90s...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 05:23:17 AMAnd The Predator?

I didn't see that piece of shit.

SiL

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 15, 2022, 05:45:00 AMI didn't see that piece of shit.
Cool how about the other two super blatant examples?

Like even Predator 2 took the first issue of the comic and then yote the rest.

Seedkiller

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 05:23:17 AM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 15, 2022, 04:57:58 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2022, 05:49:17 PMThe Bible is for the EU, not the film universe.

Wait.... WHAT?!

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 15, 2022, 04:14:47 AMOh, so if there is one for the EU, does that mean there is two Predator Bibles then?

Yeah... cause now... I'm confused.
... did people not learn from Alien 3?

And Alien Resurrection?

And The Predator?
Not tryin to rattle cages, but alien 3 (specially the assembly cut) is a masterpiece on its own just like alien to aliens. All masterpieces in different ways. To me it's impossible to say which one is the better. Sure I like alien the most, but that's kinda like shitting on aliens and saying it's not as good.
Alien is a horror movie. Aliens was an adventure type movie, while alien 3 was a mix of both.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 06:33:33 AMCool how about the other two super blatant examples?

I saw Alien 3 and Resurrection. The Earth War comics and the Big Deletion weren't in my mind until you brought them up. I haven't been following the franchises for a few years, so I'm rusty.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: CANNON on Aug 15, 2022, 12:00:54 AMHonestly, the more I see it. The more it solidifies the truth. This design is poorly executed and makes absolutely no sense. That is not a predator face. End of the story.
For you, perhaps

Quote from: CANNON on Aug 15, 2022, 12:00:54 AMIf it is not Stan Winston's design, it is not a predator. That's the truth.
Predator and Predator 2 are available on DVD and Blu-ray, you can also watch them on Disney+

Nukiemorph

At least Feral's cheeks don't wrinkle when he closes his mouth.

From what I can tell from BTS stuff, the mask wrinkled, but they fixed it in post... I don't know why they can't just make the molds with the mouths closed and stretch them to open, but at least they're aware of the issue.

SiL

Because latex will stretch out. The only solution is to stop opening the mandibles so wide.

Rex

Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 14, 2022, 10:15:40 PM
Quote from: Rex on Aug 14, 2022, 12:48:58 PMDon't get me wrong, it's got the features of the Predator's face, but Godzilla 1998 also had Godzilla's dorsal plates, dinosaurian appearance, etc. Bit of an extreme example, but my point remains
Godzilla 98 is way more of a departure from tradition. The Resurrection Alien is more akin to Feral in this context

I somewhat agree, I think I'd say the Feral Predator is a bit in the middle of them both.

The Resurrection Xenomorphs definitely changed a lot but the head only received minor changes. It is a more organic look, but it still very clearly resembles the classic head dome. While in Prey's case, the majority of the design is consistent enough with previous Predators, the face (the biggest, most obvious focal point) has had its shape and form drastically altered, more than even Predators tried to alter.

BigDaddyJohn

Looks like an ant face, more vertical than before.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 09:04:09 AMBecause latex will stretch out. The only solution is to stop opening the mandibles so wide.

Or just patch up the folds with CGI

happypred

From the 1m12s mark

Why did they add crappy CGI?

judge death

PRobably same reason of the new the thing: studio dont think practical is cool enough and want cgi to add more digital effects that just end up looking bad in 5-10 years time. But its cool now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed