[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,050 times)

goose_3387

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 14, 2022, 07:00:19 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 14, 2022, 06:49:06 PMDid they use different sets of hands throughout the film? In the scene where Feral touches and smells the ash (close up shot), the fingers look much better than in other shots.

I wouldn't be shocked if those were CG, just because, as you said, they look a lot thinner in that shot than in some of the others we see them in.

It's a strange one. Can't be that hard to make good practical hands. 😓

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Gilfryd on Aug 14, 2022, 07:29:30 PMIt's definitely the eye placement and bulbous forehead that's throwing me off.

I wonder how a more 'normal' Predator would look with the 'head in neck' approach?

There was a photoshop many pages back that only changed the forehead enough to accommodate shifting the eyes to a more traditional position and it looked really good.

Gilfryd

^ Found it.

Quote from: SiL on Aug 09, 2022, 10:23:23 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 09, 2022, 09:28:35 AMWhat we got vs what we should have got.
(Credit to the artist)

I can't say I agree with "should have got" but dang if I don't wish that's what it looked like.

Yep feel the same.

Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 14, 2022, 07:37:27 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Aug 14, 2022, 07:00:19 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 14, 2022, 06:49:06 PMDid they use different sets of hands throughout the film? In the scene where Feral touches and smells the ash (close up shot), the fingers look much better than in other shots.

I wouldn't be shocked if those were CG, just because, as you said, they look a lot thinner in that shot than in some of the others we see them in.

It's a strange one. Can't be that hard to make good practical hands. 😓

They knew to make the fingers long and skinny in the OG designs to prevent the hands from having that thick Halloween store monster glove look.

[cancerblack]

I forgot the mouth and cranium were changed too, probably because they don't irk me like the eyes do.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Rex on Aug 14, 2022, 12:48:58 PMDon't get me wrong, it's got the features of the Predator's face, but Godzilla 1998 also had Godzilla's dorsal plates, dinosaurian appearance, etc. Bit of an extreme example, but my point remains
Godzilla 98 is way more of a departure from tradition. The Resurrection Alien is more akin to Feral in this context

Quote from: skull-splitter on Aug 14, 2022, 01:00:42 PMI absolutely loved the Godzilla 1998 design because it tried something different
BROTHER

CANNON

Honestly, the more I see it. The more it solidifies the truth. This design is poorly executed and makes absolutely no sense. That is not a predator face. End of the story.

If it is not Stan Winston's design, it is not a predator. That's the truth.

It honestly is just so aggravating. It has totally made me lose interest in what is actually a good movie. Literally have no interest in seeing this movie again because this design is just not a predator.

As I have said before, it is sad to think now with this movies success and praise,  I will never again see another predator movie with predator in it.

Crazy Rich

(Bad Blood)

Sure it isn't Stan Winston's design but it isn't intolerable, the more I see it the more it isn't so bad and I am absolutely a Stan Winston's Predator fan to the core, so if I can accept it then eventually I hope others can as well. However it's all down to personal opinion obviously.

The Shuriken

Feral's big sausage fingers are kinda distracting now when compared to the close ups they did when he was smelling the ash. Why are they so thick?

SiL

It's weird. The claws are also stubby on the suit but pointed in CGI.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 14, 2022, 06:01:59 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2022, 05:49:17 PMThe Bible is for the EU, not the film universe. I've not seen Dan talk about seeing the bible - can you share?

Not sure which videos I shot these snaps from, but they may be referring to these comments.

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login. 

Yeah pretty much this:

And the interview of the article itself:
https://www.insider.com/prey-predator-2-easter-egg-gun-pistol-prop-detail-explained-2022-8

Oh, so if there is one for the EU, does that mean there is two Predator Bibles then?

SiL

I don't think the film department gives a shit about it.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 04:27:50 AMI don't think the film department gives a shit about it.

Hasn't Fox always bent over backwards to ensure that their movies abide by every last detail established in the comics and novels though?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 14, 2022, 05:49:17 PMThe Bible is for the EU, not the film universe.

Wait.... WHAT?!

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Aug 15, 2022, 04:14:47 AMOh, so if there is one for the EU, does that mean there is two Predator Bibles then?

Yeah... cause now... I'm confused.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 15, 2022, 04:34:44 AM
Quote from: SiL on Aug 15, 2022, 04:27:50 AMI don't think the film department gives a shit about it.

Hasn't Fox always bent over backwards to ensure that their movies abide by every last detail established in the comics and novels though?

2018's The Predator clearly shows that they don't care.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed