[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,008 times)

Master

I was talking mostly about it's mug only mother could ever love.

Kradan

Look, all I know is that motherf**ker was ugly as hell and if IIRC that's a must-have for Predators

goose_3387

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 09, 2022, 07:32:14 AMGood there was a Predator in Prey then! Still not able to align or agree with those who say it didn't feel very Predator-like. Even after explanations. Yeah, the design wasn't close to the original, but it still reads Predator to me, though I don't love it's face. Can't say I'd be able to call it anything else. I can see those not wanting to accept because it's not what they want, but for me, this character and even his drastic design change was a Predator from start to finish.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I accept it as a Predator - I really like the masked/ exposed mandibles look. Yes, there's a few changes I'd make.

Regardless, we can still like most of the film and still say that the face design was bad.

Preddie-nokas

Preddie-nokas

I hate Feral Predator design, it almost looks like another species. It doesn't make sense to have so many different Predator's designs, first one was top notch.

So we have:
- standard Predator (aka the best Predator design), with color and mandibles differences
- super predators
- ultimate predator
- feral predator

This Feral Predator design is plain stupid, his mandibles are non functional, face is ugly but doesn't have epic look like the first one.

And how many different Predators exist on one planet, from Earth's perspective this doesn't have any sense. Homo Sapiens evolutionary beat Neanthertals, so one Predator group would had advantage over others. Now, there are at least 3 different groups of Predators - standard, super and feral.

If Feral's Predator design was the original one, Predator would never become iconic creature.

Also, as a fans, we want to see being in which we fell in love, and that is original Predator. Why they need to reinvent the wheel every time ?
Personally. for me, this is not true Predator. Maybe now I understand why they called it Prey, instead Predator 5 or whatever.

Sabres21768

What we got vs what we should have got.
(Credit to the artist)

Highland

I think it's tough, since the masked face is probably one of the coolest faces ever with the mandibles sticking out.

I'd be lying if I didn't want a more classic look, but the quality of the film trumped the face for me.

Totally understand the complaints though.

SiL

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 09, 2022, 09:28:35 AMWhat we got vs what we should have got.
(Credit to the artist)

I can't say I agree with "should have got" but dang if I don't wish that's what it looked like.

Car1os

Huge improvement!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Master

Damn this thing got long neck!

426Buddy

Looks awesome

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The Shuriken

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 09, 2022, 09:28:35 AMWhat we got vs what we should have got.
(Credit to the artist)

Superb improvement.

Darkseed

(Credit to the artist)

If we ever get another feral predator in one of the movies, I'd be perfectly ok with something like this, looks completely different and yet familiar, like the way they said it would look like initially in the movie.
The body, the mask, everything looks great about the feral, but the eyes and that part above the mouth are too much for me.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 09, 2022, 01:06:52 AMhttps://twitter.com/MV_Creatures/status/1556713011879956480

https://twitter.com/MV_Creatures/status/1556744846647250944

So I guess that would assume the dreadlocks are sensory organs making that comment about the dogs dreads from The Predator accurate. Weird, but at least there's some continuity.

But as to Jungle Hunter's eyesight, no. The POV has always been limited by the camera technology and productions of the time. There isn't an in-universe answer to the various POV, beyond an assumption for how Assassin's worked given it has its own HUD as if he was masked, which he was certainly not and is already a mutant. We can rightfully assume some manner of cybernetics given how far he deviated. Any modern recreation of Jungle Hunter's POV however would clean it up. Even City Hunter's would've corrected the masked vision mistake while he's aboard the ship. Or is that assuming the ship is really cold? Otherwise that statement is also suggesting they'd have to come from a place that's actually cold if we're being overly simplistic about the eye sight.

I'm just saying you can't really make that canonical given we've only seen it three times. Once in 87 where it's an effect from 1987, the mistake in Predator 2 (circa 1990), and in 2018 with Assassin's being a one off. It's like saying duct tape on a stormtrooper is canon. Yeah you're technically right, but a quick fix or mistake by the prop department shouldn't be gospel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed