[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,063 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 08, 2022, 12:13:49 AMI'd watch that movie.
me too mate f**k yeah neomorphs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 08, 2022, 12:15:15 AMThis forum needs a dislike button.
nah mate otherwise it's troll galore (as if pass aggro likes weren't already a thing on these boards)

Russ840

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 08, 2022, 10:06:41 AMChecked Voodoo's Twitter. Non-surprisingly, he ain't happy

https://twitter.com/FnVoodooMagic/status/1555748801998118917

Why have I not seen Voodoo on here for a while ?

Kradan

Russ840

Thanks Kradan.

Sad to see him gone. I wonder what was up.

On topic.

No problem with the face. Works fine as an example of a different Predator ethnicity.

Do I like the design from an artistic point of view.  No. It looks weird.

But then again, I think a Duck Billed Platypus looks stupid and that exists so... lol

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Russ840 on Aug 08, 2022, 12:18:55 PMNo problem with the face. Works fine as an example of a different Predator ethnicity.

But then again, I think a Duck Billed Platypus looks stupid and that exists so... lol
More Predator fans should express their opinion like this  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 08, 2022, 12:10:17 AMI can't believe so many fans actually like this design.  It would be akin to having an Alien movie with nothing but a Neomorph or a Deacon.

I mean...I want that film. Rather than them shoehorning in the traditional Alien at the end.

But actual preferences over design is a different discussion.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 08, 2022, 12:10:17 AMI can't believe so many fans actually like this design.  It would be akin to having an Alien movie with nothing but a Neomorph or a Deacon.
This is what I wanted out of Covenant

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 08, 2022, 10:12:40 AMHis neck looked funny in some shots, like it was too long and his head leaned forward.

Exactly my thoughts.

goose_3387

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 08, 2022, 03:26:48 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 08, 2022, 10:12:40 AMHis neck looked funny in some shots, like it was too long and his head leaned forward.

Exactly my thoughts.

Yep, it's a strange one. I can't quite work out why it looks off. It's more noticeable in the burnt forest scene.

PAS Spinelli

They did the same they did with  the AvP Aliens, the head of the actor is in the neck

judge death

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 08, 2022, 03:50:20 PMThey did the same they did with  the AvP Aliens, the head of the actor is in the neck
Isnt that adis default design style, I think since pumpkinhead they always do this aproach.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: judge death on Aug 08, 2022, 03:55:27 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 08, 2022, 03:50:20 PMThey did the same they did with  the AvP Aliens, the head of the actor is in the neck
Isnt that adis default design style, I think since pumpkinhead they always do this aproach.
not for their Predators

bobcunk

Quote from: Russ840 on Aug 08, 2022, 12:18:55 PMThanks Kradan.

Sad to see him gone. I wonder what was up.

On topic.

No problem with the face. Works fine as an example of a different Predator ethnicity.

I agree, it makes sense that different racers look different but the cgi version looks odd with the wide set eyes. I liked the practical head more.

Mike’s Monsters

After some time and rewatching unmasked scenes in isolation, I feel like I can say I REALLY like Feral's unmasked face... in some angles.

His mouth open and roaring, I dig. Most of the side profile shots, I like a lot. His eye placement and resting face, maybe not so much. But when it hits certain angles it works really well. I'm right in the middle with this face design. Don't love it, don't hate it. Not upset about it. I can totally see why it doesn't work for some.

Absolutely love him with his mask on, for sure.

carnotaurus1350

I dunno, this design still is NOT working for me -- it's just too far removed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed