[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,055 times)

judge death

Quote from: Kailem on Aug 07, 2022, 09:07:37 PMIn a "nerdy fan" way it has kinda bothered me that the last few movies have done away with the breathing pipes/gas cables or whatever you want to call them from the first few films. Though given the design of this mask, with a totally exposed mouth, they would have been super clunky t include here.
Couldnt it be what I thought it was: That the substance in them is just to create pressure/suction, so the mask stay put on no matter what? Only when one disconnect the tubes one can remove the mask?

marrerom

Couldn't it just be that feral predator was being negatively affected by the atmosphere but just rolled with it? It'd be in character for him to handicap himself like that.

Nukiemorph

I loved the giant mandibles extending out around the small lower section of the mask.

The mask was cool too.

But when the mask came off, I wasn't thrilled with the little eyes that were too far apart. Looked a bit derpy.

Local Trouble

I can't believe so many fans actually like this design.  It would be akin to having an Alien movie with nothing but a Neomorph or a Deacon.

Sabres21768

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 08, 2022, 12:10:17 AMI can't believe so many fans actually like this design.  It would be akin to having an Alien movie with nothing but a Neomorph or a Deacon.
I'd watch that movie.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Aug 08, 2022, 12:13:49 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 08, 2022, 12:10:17 AMI can't believe so many fans actually like this design.  It would be akin to having an Alien movie with nothing but a Neomorph or a Deacon.
I'd watch that movie.

This forum needs a dislike button.

Nukiemorph

I think it's more akin to an entire Alien movie where the aliens suddenly have ridged heads for some reason, or one where they have less fingers and pointy heads.

SiL

It's more like the AR designs. Like you can tell what it's meant to be, it's just not.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I like everything but the face and that doesn't get much screentime. With the mask on he's my favorite predator after the first two.

Also since I like the film so much it lessons the pain of the face reveal.

Kinda reminds me of honeworld lol

Kradan

This thread:

Hadji Murad

The top half of his mask is maybe the best Predator mask ever. He just needs some kind of emotionless eyes staring back at you. I like the look of his lower mandibles, but it didn't seem to work as well in the movie.

Corporal Hicks

I f**king love Feral while he's masked. Easily one of my top 3 favourite movie masks. I really do not like his unmasked looks.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2022, 09:00:49 AMI f**king love Feral while he's masked. Easily one of my top 3 favourite movie masks. I really do not like his unmasked looks.

That's the thing, the masked look is sooooooo freaking cool. While I dig the new face, I totally understand why it's not popular, but that masked look overtakes Celtic for me and I never thought I'd say that.

Kradan

Checked Voodoo's Twitter. Non-surprisingly, he ain't happy

https://twitter.com/FnVoodooMagic/status/1555748801998118917

goose_3387

goose_3387

OK, honest opinions on Feral...

Do I wish they are designed a more classic looking Predator - yes, of course! Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see one again.

Regrading Feral, I really like the mask and the combo of mask/ exposed mandibles. It does look cool and unique.

Skin tones were good.

Awesome arsenal of weapons and gadgets.

His neck looked funny in some shots, like it was too long and his head leaned forward.

The face. Can't say I like it but I don't hate it either. Looks slightly better in action then in the images we've been seeing. I'm confused as to why they feel the need to keep messing with the design, especially when we got perfection back in 1987.

Lastly, I would have liked to see him decorated in a few more accessories. Something like a bandolier made with the snake spine, wolf and bear skulls.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed