10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 155,790 times)

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Carter Burke on Aug 05, 2022, 10:32:06 PMDo you seriously feel this awkward chicken-necked muppet is better than Kevin Peter Hall's iteration? am i living in the Twilight Zone here?

No, KPH cannot be matched, but I'm talking about the things Predator can do.
Let's be real, in the original, the cloaked Predator is basically a different Predator because the actual suit cannot move that fast.

Carter Burke

Carter Burke

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 05, 2022, 10:29:48 PM
Quote from: Carter Burke on Aug 05, 2022, 10:12:25 PMdefeats a creature that once threw a bodybuilder-figured and highly skilled commando around just for the fun of it after having been shot and speer-bombed multiple times?
The Predator got hit by a bullet exactly once in the first movie, it got spear bombed once too, and it grazed it.
And this isn't even the same creature. Your critique is moot and your logic unreliable.

Shot (unclear by how many bullets), arrow-bombed, spear-bombed. But fine, enjoy your movie and everybody that liked it, please do. This was it for me; absolutely done with this series. To be honest i'm only a fan of the first movie anyway. The garbarge already starts with predator 2. Somewhat the same with Alien, while Aliens isn't bad (it's actually good, i like it) it does nothing for the original and its masterful atmosphere. Okay wasted enough time on this movie. Adios. 

426Buddy

426Buddy

I wish Voodoo was still around, I would love to hear his take. I honestly don't know how he's going feel about this film

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Quote from: overthere on Aug 05, 2022, 10:27:25 PMGreat Predator movie, enjoyed it a lot.
Definitely the best one since the original.
Predator in this one is the coolest. Has the coolest moves, does the coolest kills, has the coolest gadgets.

My only problem is that it suffers from the same problem the latest Batman has and that is that this Predator is basically bulletproof and invincible. Everthing is just a minor nuiscance and it doesn't even care much that it is out in the open surrounded by people. It just walks up and kills everyone.

But other than that, really what I wanted from a new Predator movie.

Given that City Hunter survived being shot 9 times at close range with a shotgun, and continued the fight. Feral surviving extensive musket shots is pretty believable. I haven't seen the movie yet. But there's no doubt Yautja physiology could withstand mere musket rounds.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Carter Burke on Aug 05, 2022, 10:32:06 PM
Quote from: overthere on Aug 05, 2022, 10:27:25 PMGreat Predator movie, enjoyed it a lot.
Predator in this one is the coolest. Has the coolest moves, does the coolest kills, has the coolest gadgets.

My only problem is that it suffers from the same problem the latest Batman has and that is that this Predator is basically bulletproof and invincible. Everthing is just a minor nuiscance and it doesn't even care much that it is out in the open surrounded by people. It just walks up and kills everyone.

Do you seriously feel this awkward chicken-necked muppet is better than Kevin Peter Hall's iteration? am i living in the Twilight Zone here?
You know Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them f***ing each other over for a goddamn percentage! lol just kidding, couldn't help myself.

SiL

SiL

Spoiler
considering they pay so much on how the Predator doesn't take her seriously, having her just end up in an actual fight with it was just really dumb.

She could've hidden herself from the Predator and run rings around it, tricking it into the final trap, but instead we need the Predator to adopt the Terminator school of "one hit KO except the protagonist"

He barely flinches cutting his own arm off, but then convulses every time she cuts him so his grip weakens JUST enough for her to get away. Repeat.

At least with Anytime you knew it was playing with him at the end. Here the Predator was actively trying to kill her and suddenly couldn't hold it together long enough to finish the job.

So much potential, gone.
[close]

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 05, 2022, 10:39:46 PM

Do you seriously feel this awkward chicken-necked muppet is better than Kevin Peter Hall's iteration? am i living in the Twilight Zone here?
You know Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them f***ing each other over for a goddamn percentage! lol just kidding, couldn't help myself.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Rankles75 on Aug 05, 2022, 10:43:07 PM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Aug 05, 2022, 10:39:46 PM

https://64.media.tumblr.com/42974f13a2598dcb94edb7c00bb3455f/tumblr_on6jdg2x3A1qdhps7o3_r1_500.gifv
LOL

overthere

overthere

Naru mentions that she thinks she saw a "mudoki" or something from their myths.
Is that supposed to be another Predator from the past?

overthere

overthere

I just finished the movie and I think I'll start it again

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: overthere on Aug 05, 2022, 10:52:04 PMI just finished the movie and I think I'll start it again
I'm planning on watching with the Comanche dub tomorrow.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: overthere on Aug 05, 2022, 10:49:49 PMNaru mentions that she thinks she saw a "mudoki" or something from their myths.

It's a word for "monster" I believe. Not referencing other Predators.

Firestorm

Firestorm

Really enjoyed it, certainly not perfect by any means but i thought it was a well put together film.

I loved Feral overall, i agree to an extent about the face (was that about 2 foot of eye seperation :o)  however it was only really visible in fleeting glances in dark light and it really made it hard to see and make out properly which i thought was a neat touch, i loved the masked look and had no issue with the mandible movement or cgi, the suit itself looked fantastic and thermal vision, his weaponary and his sound design where all top notch, loved the grid cloaking effect also.

I can only remember about 3-4 specific scenes during the movie that I wasn't too sure about:

Spoiler
The Flowers affecting body temp so quickly and the slight awkwardness of the "If it Bleeds.." line, it also seemed to come to an end just tiny a bit too quickly (probably becuase i was enjoying it so much)
[close]

Stand out things for me where the Cinematography, the atmosphere and the way Feral was gradually introduced, i also loved the low frequency rumble that could be heard at times during his presence which i havent really heard used since the original, Sarah Schachners score was also outstanding in this.

I also loved:

Spoiler
The scene where the group of fur trappers attempt to capture Feral with a net, i knew EXACTLY how that would go and was absolutley not disappointed, also the homage to the P1 camp attack scene where they crawled towards the mountain lion on there bellys
[close]

Will prob find more that I liked/disliked on repeat viewings but overall i enjoyed this alot, I'd call it a very well put together addition to the franchise and although it doesn't really advance things story wise i dont really think it has to, this is the type of Predator movie i have wanted to see made for a long time and i'd say my rankings are:

P1
Prey
P2
Predators

I'd say although P2 holds alot of early 90s nostalgia for me and actually had a more enjoyable story with a few more interesting and memorable/over the top characters, the production quality, creature portrayal and overall tone of Prey just puts it at number 2 for me.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Okay, now my two cents.

This was brilliant!!! Not perfect, of course, like any movie, but so much was just incredible. After my first real movie disappointment with The Predator, this was a breath of fresh air. The acting was great except that one callback that was painfully delivered. :laugh: With The Predator I was trying so hard to like the movie and I've never been so disappointed with a piece of the Alien and Predator franchise. But this time it was a beautiful experience to watch this. The Predator made me miss the tribal and hunting aspect of the creature which I loved in all three previous instalments, so seeing it return here was exactly what I've been waiting for. Loved the brutality of Feral, loved all the action scenes and I never want to go back to anything less. You feel the power and wait of all the creatures.
Spoiler
Loved how Feral went from smaller prey to bigger hunts. Now we know how do the predators get the smaller skulls for their armor. It was also cool how Feral chose very carefully what weapon was worthy of what prey. But never went the boring honor rout, it's all just a fun game for the savage Feral. I really like my predators with that characteristic, I hope it sticks!

That bear punch was AWESOME!

Naru's win was set up very well. She was fast, smart, studied Feral, made logical assumptions was and motivated. The ending fight was great with only a few dumb things. Plot armor was noticeable with how some coincidences helped her out, but that's better than making her unrealistically strong. Her action scenes with the French trappers were a bit too much, I know she is a tribal warrior that trained a lot, and it's logical that she'll have it easier than with the other guy from her tribe, but still it was a bit too much. I had to try and justify it to myself, and even though it worked, the point is when you have to do that, that's a flaw. The CGI wasn't perfect, especially for some animals, but that never took me out the scene and it was greatly used for the action.

The only other critique is Naru ripping out that f*cking mandible! How the hell can that be possible when it wasn't even damaged in any way? :laugh: Literally if they just showed it clearly damaged and bloody I could believe that. That was the one thing I could not believe, but that's a small point. 

The way Feral died wasn't too much of a problem for me. He didn't know Naru had his mask, hadn't seen it during the fight, didn't see the lasers being pointed at his head form behind, was dead tired and somewhat stuck in the mud.

Oh yeah, she should've been more hurt in that fight. She took some shield bashes, she needed a lot more cuts and bruises. And being grabbed by the neck from a creature who can ONE PUNCH a bear, Feral should've been able to snap her neck. Though that didn't happen with Dutch... And I will give it to Feral, he was shot in the back of the head, stabbed, cut, lost his whole main right arm (the one that killed the bear), so I'll give it to him if he's tired with his non dominant arm.

Still, a lot of genius things happened in that final fight, and was very nicely choreographed. The way he lost his arm was awesome.
[close]

I'm just so happy to be excited about the predator franchise again, along with Hunting Grounds, the anthologies and so on, things have been getting better for the predator slowly since the rock bottom in 2018. I hope this continues. Dan has shown his stuff, he's not a hack like Shane was. I want Dan to continue making more of these movies, other time periods or a continuation of the story, don't care, I'm all for it.

And loved the horror atmosphere, it made me fear Feral like no other predator. Nothing close since Predators 2010 tense atmosphere, but this goes in much better, I want to rewatch this many times. And loved Feral's gadgets!

Rankles75

Rankles75

Quote from: overthere on Aug 05, 2022, 10:49:49 PMNaru mentions that she thinks she saw a "mudoki" or something from their myths.

Good spot! Suggests that (despite what the marketing says) this isn't the Pred's first foray to Earth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed