10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,663 times)

SwineRider

SwineRider

;D I loved the movie and it is way better in detail than many people seem to realize. I could gush over every small detail and how smart everything was for hours, scene by scene.

The only thing I hate to admit I actually didn´t like is the new face design. They didn´t actually do themselves any favours to "dehumanise" him even more. Makes it harder to show clear human emotions on his face ( which would have been way better )

Other than that there are only small story points they could have polished a bit better for example Naru´s "sudden" jump to killing 4 peltmonger´s without showing a sign of remorse. Insert a scene like Lara Crofts first kill in the 2013 remake of Tomb Raider where she truly becomes a  survivor after being forced to kill a human being would have had a way more emotional impact in Prey instead of just having a fast paced action scene. Make her transition to becoming a hardass a tidbit more believable and this movie would have been almost perfect.

9.5/10

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Wow, I wonder who would win in a hand to hand match, 5 uncoordinated guys with no hand to hand training here to use guns on defenseless animals
vs
Someone that spent their entire life training to fight and hunt because no one believed in her, constantly shown to be trained in close ranged combat and only lacking focus before something motivated her to stop hesitating

mmmmm, makes me think

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 05, 2022, 11:28:40 AMIt's pretty good.

Spoiler
But the faaaaaaace
[close]

Pretty much, ugly bastard.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Saw the movie with friends and loved it.
It was a home cinema setting with great sound and a few beers.

InFilims?

InFilims?

Pretty odd that she seems unable to kill the 500-1,000 pound bear that the Predator gutted in one blow and then deadlifted but utterly dominated the same Predator in hand to hand combat.

Sevatar

Sevatar

While I love the original Predator and Predator 2, Dan Trachtenberg has created a masterpiece on par with Ridley's Alien and Cameron's Aliens.  We need to let the executives at Disney know this so they will continue to give us the films of this quality in the future. We do not need more Resurrections or AVP:R's

Carter Burke

Carter Burke

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 05, 2022, 08:41:16 PMIf you have a problem Naru defeating the predator in this then I have nothing for you. She completely earns the kill and had a ton of help getting it. This predator took an insane amount of damage, maybe more than City Hunter.

You just have to have a problem with women if you don't think Naru earned the kill.

So you have a problem with women if you don't like a fictional character that fights like she was bitten by a radioactive spider and defeats a creature that once threw a bodybuilder-figured and highly skilled commando around just for the fun of it after having been shot and speer-bombed multiple times? Naru is a superhero portrayed by an annoying baby faced squish ball that can't act: ''i'm drowing in a swamp but my facial expression looks like i could fall asleep in two seconds'' Ellen Ripley or Sarah connor she is not (in any universe).

And where is this development people that actually like this pool of feces keep talking about? She progresses into a warrior because she fell from a tree once? Where is this flawed Naru? And where is that development? The brother even admits that he could only have killed the cat due to her master-killer plan.

But this is all besides the point anyway. This movie was an utter display of incompetence on so many levels. Trachtenberg is never going to be an A-lister (quality wise) because he clearly doesn't have it in him.

I dare to say that Shane Black's utter shitshow has even more redeeming qualities than this pile of garbage. At least it has the motel scene and an attempt at characterization.

1. Predator
2. Predator
3. Predator
4. Predator
5. predator
6. predator 2
7. Predators
8. The Predator
9. Prey

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 05, 2022, 10:04:38 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 05, 2022, 11:28:40 AMIt's pretty good.

Spoiler
But the faaaaaaace
[close]

Pretty much, ugly bastard.

Which is, you know, not necessarily a bad thing for a Predator

Quote from: Carter Burke on Aug 05, 2022, 10:12:25 PMI dare to say that Shane Black's utter shitshow has even more redeeming qualities than this pile of garbage. At least it has the motel scene and an attempt at characterization.

I'm always glad to hear people say something positive about The Predator but no

BIOROBOT

BIOROBOT

What a travesty that this movie didn't get a wide theatrical release. First off the film is gorgeous. Trachtenberg pulled off what is in my opinion the best Predator movie full stop. I know I'll get crucified for having that view but this flick REALLY impressed me. It's all in the characters for me and for the first time ever watching a predator film I actually cared when a character was killed. That right there gives it the top spot in my book. Prey has everything you need to tell a great predator story but it also has heart and that isnt something I expected at all. Amber Midthunder stole the show and was completely believable the entire time. I can totally see the Mad Max inspiration with the dog, good stuff! I've heard some complaints about the acting, I saw no problems at all. I can see where some of the cg bothered folks but none of it took me out of the movie personally. Feral is a damn monster and it was so refreshing to see something different under the mask. It really closely resembled some of Winston's old creature concept art for the original movie, so I could tell they were drawing inspiration from those early designs. Feral seems more alien to me and less "guy in a suit" if that makes sense. Feral was brutal and AWESOME but I also wanted to see him get what was coming to him by the end of the movie. May seem stupid but I usually root for the monster in Predator movies, this go around I was cheering for Naru! I came up watching Predator and Predator 2 religiously, collected the comics and the old Kenner figures and the thing that always fascinated me most was that as cool as the predators were that we saw on film there were even crazier types out there in the lore. I liked the different hunters in Predators but Feral feels like he's truly a different breed.

I've read some complaints about Feral "forgetting" how his bolt launcher works. I didn't get that read at all. Clearly the mask guides the bolts but only after a certain point in the bolts trajectory. Up close the bolts can be shot point blank and if they don't hit they start to seek. He BARELY missed the dog and we even see his shot at Naru come a little too close and it whizes right by her head. The cooling plant didn't bother me at all, it was as believable as the concept of mud hiding your body heat, news flash mud does NOT hide your body heat from a thermal imager. That's the thing about fiction though, not every concept has to be realistic. The head tilt that Feral gave as he realized his demise wasn't anywhere NEAR as cheesy as the City Hunters "oh no" face right before his arm was cut off in Predator 2 so, let's be real here. So while I understand some of the complaints I think there's some folks not paying attention to the movie mixed with a little willful blindness to the fact that the original films had some pretty goofy shit in them. I am suddenly realizing that Feral predator never talked, and i REALLY appreciate that.

Prey is exactly what this property needed. Back to the roots, back to basics, with some new stuff thrown in. I REALLY hope that Trachtenberg is brought back to do another one. I also think that doing time period pieces is where this franchise needs to stay for a while. I get that some folks didn't like Prey and that's OK, the original movies are still there to enjoy. If you didn't like Prey I won't try and change your mind, convince you my opinion is the only right opinion, say you're not a "real" fan, or proclaim that in a few months time you'll be embarrassed for not liking the movie because that would be nonsense. People like what they like or dislike and I'm not here to shit on anyone's parade. As for me, Prey is my favorite of the franchise.

Now hurry up Neca so I can add Naru (with the flintlock please) and Feral to my collection!!!!

azamultic

azamultic

Well, I am happy ;D  I liked the movie a lot. Not happy with the face, but loved Feral Predator. Happy with two main characters, and Dan and the team did great job! Guess I would call Feral Predator my favourite ADI Predator, didn't like the Wolf to be honest. Liked the music, not as much as Alan Silvestry's, but still good, and sound's directing was GOOD. Liked it more then "Predators" 2010, and "The Predator 2018". Liked it less then "Predaotr 1,2" but that's okay, they are my favourite movies in the end of the day ;D  Didn't count AvP, tven though I am cool wth them  ;)
Hope this movie will bring back some popularity to the Predator Franchise, I've been waiting for this for 28 years. Sadly met negative spoilers in the community(not this one) about the ending and that they unhappy that the girl fights the predator and refuse to watch the movie and hate on it. But hope majority will enjoy the movie.
Thank to this site for the all your hard work to support our community, thank you very much  ;) 
My List:
1) Predator 2 (1990)
2) Predator (Objectively The Best) (1987)
3) Prey (2022)
4) Predators (2010), AvP (2004)
5) The Predator (2018), AvP: R (2007)

overthere

overthere

Great Predator movie, enjoyed it a lot.
Definitely the best one since the original.
Predator in this one is the coolest. Has the coolest moves, does the coolest kills, has the coolest gadgets.

My only problem is that it suffers from the same problem the latest Batman has and that is that this Predator is basically bulletproof and invincible. Everthing is just a minor nuiscance and it doesn't even care much that it is out in the open surrounded by people. It just walks up and kills everyone.

But other than that, really what I wanted from a new Predator movie.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Carter Burke on Aug 05, 2022, 10:12:25 PMdefeats a creature that once threw a bodybuilder-figured and highly skilled commando around just for the fun of it after having been shot and speer-bombed multiple times?
The Predator got hit by a bullet exactly once in the first movie, it got spear bombed once too, and it grazed it.
And this isn't even the same creature. Your critique is moot and your logic unreliable.

Carter Burke

Carter Burke

Quote from: overthere on Aug 05, 2022, 10:27:25 PMGreat Predator movie, enjoyed it a lot.
Definitely the best one since the original.
Predator in this one is the coolest. Has the coolest moves, does the coolest kills, has the coolest gadgets.

My only problem is that it suffers from the same problem the latest Batman has and that is that this Predator is basically bulletproof and invincible. Everthing is just a minor nuiscance and it doesn't even care much that it is out in the open surrounded by people. It just walks up and kills everyone.

But other than that, really what I wanted from a new Predator movie.

Do you seriously feel this awkward chicken-necked muppet is better than Kevin Peter Hall's iteration? am i living in the Twilight Zone here?

Huntsman

Huntsman

I haven't seen the movie yet, but the reactions and reviews sound incredible. Pretty much what we have been wanting with the franchise since the original films. I love how it ties in to Predator 2 as well. It makes me hopeful the Predator film future can be bright, which I didn't think would ever be the case.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SwineRider on Aug 05, 2022, 09:48:06 PM;D I loved the movie and it is way better in detail than many people seem to realize. I could gush over every small detail and how smart everything was for hours, scene by scene.

The only thing I hate to admit I actually didn´t like is the new face design. They didn´t actually do themselves any favours to "dehumanise" him even more. Makes it harder to show clear human emotions on his face ( which would have been way better )

Other than that there are only small story points they could have polished a bit better for example Naru´s "sudden" jump to killing 4 peltmonger´s without showing a sign of remorse. Insert a scene like Lara Crofts first kill in the 2013 remake of Tomb Raider where she truly becomes a  survivor after being forced to kill a human being would have had a way more emotional impact in Prey instead of just having a fast paced action scene. Make her transition to becoming a hardass a tidbit more believable and this movie would have been almost perfect.

9.5/10

All of the above, you absolutely nailed it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed