[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,026 times)

goose_3387

Quote from: Doomofman on Aug 05, 2022, 07:15:27 PMJust think of it as Jungle Hunter is like the Predator Ryan Reynolds whereas Feral is like a Predator Steve Buscemi

We need a ;D reaction.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Darkseed on Aug 05, 2022, 05:35:53 PMI get the feeling that the CGI face and the costume face are a bit different, whenever it's the CGI it looks like too much of a horse, but with the costume, it feels better.
I might be wrong

Alec told me they used practical and cgi, but to me the face looked mostly cgi. Hard to tell in the dark shots.

Orpheus2020

I think they used practical in the final scene where he's aiming his bolt-gun at Naru while being stuck in the swamp

goose_3387

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 05, 2022, 07:28:41 PM
Quote from: Darkseed on Aug 05, 2022, 05:35:53 PMI get the feeling that the CGI face and the costume face are a bit different, whenever it's the CGI it looks like too much of a horse, but with the costume, it feels better.
I might be wrong

Alec told me they used practical and cgi, but to me the face looked mostly cgi. Hard to tell in the dark shots.

Possibly practical with CGI on top too.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: goose_3387 on Aug 05, 2022, 07:36:00 PM
I might be wrong

I might be wrong

Yeah, there's shots where it's definitely one or the other. But I didn't catch much of a hybrid because of how dark it was. Watching it for a 3rd time tonight on my own tv and might be able to catch things better.

goose_3387

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 05, 2022, 07:47:49 PM
I might be wrong

I might be wrong

Yeah, there's shots where it's definitely one or the other. But I didn't catch much of a hybrid because of how dark it was. Watching it for a 3rd time tonight on my own tv and might be able to catch things better.

It's still quite dark in 4K. Might try adjusting the brightness for the next viewing.

carnotaurus1350

Any good HD screencaps of the Feral maskless out there?

426Buddy

426Buddy

The unmasked portion was not good imo, maybe up there with the worst. However the movie was so good I didn't care. The mandibles didn't bother me at all though even for being open all the time.

The masked predator is excellent and amazingly executed.

Rankles75

Wasn't a problem for me, certainly didn't detract from my enjoyment of the movie.

SiL

I don't get the point in going that far out of the design space. It didn't detract but did add to my feeling that I wasn't watching a Predator.

Kradan

Feral's facial design was definitely. .. something else. Looks properly nasty but not sure if I like it

The Shuriken

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 05, 2022, 07:19:45 PMMy take on it
Spoiler
[close]

An improvement for sure.

BlueMarsalis79

I absolutely hate the face, it is just funny looking, not scary.

Otherwise I LOVED the film.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 05, 2022, 09:40:39 PMI absolutely hate the face, it is just funny looking, not scary.

Otherwise I LOVED the film.
It kinda looks like a fish haha, I appreciate that it's an homage to this tho

Jacku

I didn't like it unfortunately. Looked too different and more like a weird derpy version of a predalien. Really wish they would have done a Predator 2 style face. Mask was cool tho. Showing the mandibles was a nice touch

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed