[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,086 times)

PAS Spinelli

The only thing I really disliked was the upper teeth and the position of the eyes, aside from that, I'm okay with the design, inbtw the Supers, Scar's, Classics and City Hunter's type, this looks fine imo, he kinda looks like a hybrid of one of Scar's clan and the Supers.
Spoiler
[close]

goose_3387

Given how we see Feral upscale his hunting targets, starts with a snake, ends with hunting humans. It would have been cool to see him show that evolution by displaying the skulls (snake, wolf, bear, human) on a bandolier.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 05, 2022, 02:59:38 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Scar's eyes so derpy

Feral could just be a "horse-faced" predator
Spoiler
[close]

Highland

As someone who's banged on about mandibles more than a crazy crab owner....

It just goes to show, if the movie is good, it doesn't really matter what it looks like.

One thing here, there's no shot where I think .....that looks like a plastic mask. Some iffy CGI? Maybe, but nothing game breaking.

Coolest masked predator? .....must be close.

goose_3387

Quote from: Highland on Aug 05, 2022, 04:52:10 PMAs someone who's banged on about mandibles more than a crazy crab owner....

It just goes to show, if the movie is good, it doesn't really matter what it looks like.

One thing here, there's no shot where I think .....that looks like a plastic mask. Some iffy CGI? Maybe, but nothing game breaking.

Coolest masked predator? .....must be close.

Looked like the face was fully CGI... I didn't see any questionable mandible movements.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the face however I dug the whole mask/mandible look.

Darkseed

I get the feeling that the CGI face and the costume face are a bit different, whenever it's the CGI it looks like too much of a horse, but with the costume, it feels better.
I might be wrong

goose_3387

Quote from: Darkseed on Aug 05, 2022, 05:35:53 PMI get the feeling that the CGI face and the costume face are a bit different, whenever it's the CGI it looks like too much of a horse, but with the costume, it feels better.
I might be wrong

I'll need to watch it again to see the difference between the two and when each one is on screen.

carnotaurus1350

He looks too little like a Predator, and too much like the artists unique art style

https://www.instagram.com/michael_vincent_art/?hl=en

It almost feels stylized, like an homage to a predator but not one

(love it with mask on though)

Orpheus2020

Orpheus2020

I like it. It looks like a middle ground between "new" and "old" without leaning into Super-Predator shit or being a copy of Mr. Black. Of course, the CGI makes it look bad at times. His face gives this primal/savage feel. Looks unique to me. When I saw his face, my first reaction was literally "you're seriously one ugly motherf**ker" ;D

Don't worry lads, they've got hundreds of years before they meet Dutch so mother nature can fix their faces  :laugh:

Car1os

...except their lifespan is supposed to be in the 100s of years.  You can't put this one down to evolution, I'm afraid.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Yeah the eyes aren't doing it for me I'm afraid. Too far apart for me. Looks a little too animalistic. It really does look like an attempt to redesign the creature, that than make some alterations to the established look.

Orpheus2020

Quote from: Car1os on Aug 05, 2022, 07:03:58 PM...except their lifespan is supposed to be in the 100s of years.  You can't put this one down to evolution, I'm afraid.

Well, plastic surgery is always an option

judge death

Pretty obvious this is a different breed or species of yautja, its not the ones we have seen before.

Doomofman

Just think of it as Jungle Hunter is like the Predator Ryan Reynolds whereas Feral is like a Predator Steve Buscemi 

PAS Spinelli

My take on it
Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed