10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,688 times)

Prez

Prez

I wanna see this film again but this time on the big screen.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: maknae on Aug 05, 2022, 02:45:46 PMAlso, when she is pulling him by the rope, he fell like a doll, man his weight is about 150kg, how the... ok, im done with this movie)))

Well, he had just been shot in the head, lost an arm and been axed a few times. He was probably happy to check out at that point.  ;D

Kailem

Kailem

First brief thoughts are that this movie is indeed great!

I'm not sure I can say it's better than Predator 2 purely because 1 and 2 are just "the classics" to me (even though one is obviously the best), but it might technically be the better movie.

Some really badass scenes that made me smile, lots of cool moments and overall just a really good film.

Man, it feels good to have Predator back at last! ;D

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: maknae on Aug 05, 2022, 02:45:46 PMHe saw the arrow is coming, so he could: 1) block it with his bare hand 2) catch it 3) use shield, which is still works i believe 4) flee the arrow. But he chooses to make a dumb face and catch it with his head)))
Also, when she is pulling him by the rope, he fell like a doll, man his weight is about 150kg, how the... ok, im done with this movie)))
This feels like nitpicking, he was stuck in mud, there wasn't much he could, and I hardly believe the shield would even be able to block the arrow seeing how it's Predator tech.
I'm 100kg and someone that weights 50kg could easily pull me down with a hope if they did what Naru did, it's how gravity works

ace3g

ace3g

P1, P2 , [Predators/Prey]......., The Predator

My current rating of Prey 3.5/5

Things I didn't like from Prey
1. One liners re-used and certain call back scenes from Predator
2. Unmasked Predator
3. Cloaking effect/design/CGI (+ felt more advanced than cloaking in P1/P2)
4. Predator vision (felt more advanced than P1/P2)
5. The tension/suspense wasn't there for me.
6.  French trappers

**subject to change

Seedkiller

Seedkiller

Quote from: maknae on Aug 05, 2022, 12:37:27 PM
Quote from: Kudzu on Aug 05, 2022, 12:35:10 PM
Quote from: maknae on Aug 05, 2022, 12:14:25 PM
Spoiler
what the hell is this flower that makes u invis right away in front of pred.
[close]
Spoiler
It lowers the body temperature, dude. The movie is very clear on this.
[close]

How is it possible? It lowers it to zero that pred cant see it?)) Its just a stupid move of how to weak pred, cuz it was no chance for Naru and others peaple to hunt him down. Its just dumb.

I thought it was because she was standing in the line of sight with the flames of the fire.

bendinglight

bendinglight

I loved it - the cinematography, score, and pace were top notch, imo. I really appreciated the brutality of Feral and his scenes/movement far outweighed my somewhat disappointment in the face (not a big fan of it - eye placement probably my biggest gripe).

The tension that builds throughout the story was great, as well as Feral figuring out what the most dangerous game is on this hunting ground that is new to him.

Couldn't be more pleased at this point and hope this gets a physical UHD release as well as more greenlit storylines. 

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Aug 05, 2022, 03:11:35 PM
Quote from: maknae on Aug 05, 2022, 02:45:46 PMHe saw the arrow is coming, so he could: 1) block it with his bare hand 2) catch it 3) use shield, which is still works i believe 4) flee the arrow. But he chooses to make a dumb face and catch it with his head)))
Also, when she is pulling him by the rope, he fell like a doll, man his weight is about 150kg, how the... ok, im done with this movie)))
This feels like nitpicking, he was stuck in mud, there wasn't much he could, and I hardly believe the shield would even be able to block the arrow seeing how it's Predator tech.
I'm 100kg and someone that weights 50kg could easily pull me down with a hope if they did what Naru did, it's how gravity works

I agree - and while she wasn't a threat from a physical, 'pound-for-pound' standpoint, her wits and awareness of her surroundings is what helped her prevail.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think the most telling praise I can give this is that I only watched it this morning and I already want to see it again.

Not sure I've felt that way about any new film in this franchise that's been released in my adult lifetime (AVP onwards).

Highland

Highland

Absolutely disgusted.

...that this movie was this short.

God damn. That was the most fulfilled I've felt in a long time. I kept thinking this will blow up at some point, the predator will whip out a mini gun and naru will use it.

Nope, just pure basic classic goodness.

The score, the scenery, the pace, the plot.

I think honestly.....and this is massive call.

Ive never been so satisfied with an Alien or Predator movie since I signed up to this site 15 years ago.

9/10.

....and that's only because it's too short.

Carter Burke

Carter Burke

I'm actually shocked yes SHOCKED that this movie (was this a movie?) got rated as highly as it did.

Man oh man, this was all kinds of terrible.

The acting: I'm OF COURSE all for casting actual natives but a few acting classes couldn't have hurt the quality. Makes the original Predator look like the actors were trained at the royal theatre. Horrific.

The characters: WHAT CHARACTERS?!!! Who were they? Was there a script?!!! And the French fur trappers... Utter CRINGE!!! WHAT WAS THAT?! The bearded guy acted like he was in a Smurfs movie.

The scrript: WAS THERE ONE?

The action scenes: The only one i really liked was Naru's brother fighting the beast. That guy clearly should have been the protagonist.

The protagonist: Naru was a deeply annoying shell of a character. I don't want to use the word 'woke' because i don't belong to the idiotic only-men-can-be-tough-circle at all, but here it would be utterly appropriate since this movie is all about injecting the current ideological atmosphere into the hive mind of current pop-culture. It is not because she is a woman (AT ALL) but because she jumps around like Spider-man and fights the predator like it is a ragdoll. She dominates it hand(weapon) to hand(weapon) without any real effort. Twiggy pulls the beasts down like she is working with an action figure and rips his mandible off like he is made of clay. I actually was slightly repulsed by this character. And it doesn't help that Midthunder has no charisma at all. A final note and not that this is a huge deal mind you, but visually she doesn't look all that native. Apparently her mother is Thai en she (physically) clearly leans to that side of the family.   

The score: Very generic and unmemorable.

The CGI: Subpar, kinda cheap looking.

The whole thing felt like a void. Pointless and tensionless. This was not a movie; an episode of a rather underwhelming tv show perhaps.

Just no, no, no.

In a few months people will be embarassed for liking this. Mark my words. SHOCKED!

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Lol

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Character checks out

Highland

Highland

The predator has taken a hell of a beating by the time Naru faces off. Someone can correct me but it's been bitten by a wolf, a bear, been stabbed clean through the shoulder by a spear, shot by french hunters , shot in the back of the head by naru , stabbed through the leg, sliced by a tomahawk, then had it's arm cut off.....

Like it ain't The Wolverine  :laugh:

Dreadlock Holiday

Dreadlock Holiday

Thoroughly enjoyed Prey.
Overall the positives outweighed the negatives.
Definitely the best Predator movie of the 21st century 👍

maknae

maknae

Quote from: Highland on Aug 05, 2022, 05:12:42 PMThe predator has taken a hell of a beating by the time Naru faces off. Someone can correct me but it's been bitten by a wolf, a bear, been stabbed clean through the shoulder by a spear, shot by french hunters , shot in the back of the head by naru , stabbed through the leg, sliced by a tomahawk, then had it's arm cut off.....

Like it ain't The Wolverine  :laugh:
He should retreat, but he is too dumb by the script))

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed