10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,720 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Aside from The Predator just being down at the bottom, and Predator at the top, I flit between Predator 2 and Predators depending on my mood. Like I said, Prey is an objectively better film than Predators for sure. But I think this edges out Predator 2 for me because it just does more of what I've been wanting from a Predator film - a period piece, more interesting ways of fighting with the Predator. It's that smaller, more focused film that I've been asking for. This feels like it was made for me, in the same way I feel like Into Charybdis was made for me.

Doomofman

Doomofman

I'll be interested to hear what the thing that bugs you about it is but overall, I'm pretty confident I'll enjoy it from what you've said

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 26, 2022, 10:49:38 PMI'll be interested to hear what the thing that bugs you about it is

Spoilers.

Spoiler
So the speargun's projectiles are "smart" in the sense that they go where the targetting lasers go. I don't like the way that Feral seems to not realize this when trying to use the speargun when he doesn't have his mask on because it does contribute towards his death.

It's fully established how it works, we see how it's to the detriment prior to the end of the film, but it just feels like it dumbs Feral down too much by him not remembering. Granted, there's other circumstances going off and etc, but I feel it could have been a bit better handled.
[close]

GQSioux

GQSioux

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 26, 2022, 10:32:13 PMAside from The Predator just being down at the bottom, and Predator at the top, I flit between Predator 2 and Predators depending on my mood. Like I said, Prey is an objectively better film than Predators for sure. But I think this edges out Predator 2 for me because it just does more of what I've been wanting from a Predator film - a period piece, more interesting ways of fighting with the Predator. It's that smaller, more focused film that I've been asking for. This feels like it was made for me, in the same way I feel like Into Charybdis was made for me.

I attended a screening last night. I agree with you here. It's my third favorite Predator film, right after the original and Predator 2. I liked it more than Predators and its leaps and bounds better than the The Predator. I have very few minor nitpicks that I'll get into after more people have seen the movie, but the cinematography is beautiful and I really loved Feral Predator. I do think his unmasked look will be a little divisive though, but overall, I was fine with the design. I just wish they went full Apocalypto and made the Comanche language with subtitles the definitive standard version. It would've up the authenticity a few notches.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 26, 2022, 10:56:08 PM
Quote from: Doomofman on Jul 26, 2022, 10:49:38 PMI'll be interested to hear what the thing that bugs you about it is

Spoilers.

Spoiler
So the speargun's projectiles are "smart" in the sense that they go where the targetting lasers go. I don't like the way that Feral seems to not realize this when trying to use the speargun when he doesn't have his mask on because it does contribute towards his death.

It's fully established how it works, we see how it's to the detriment prior to the end of the film, but it just feels like it dumbs Feral down too much by him not remembering. Granted, there's other circumstances going off and etc, but I feel it could have been a bit better handled.
[close]
Spoiler
Smart remote controlled flying spears are fine but the shoulder cannon would be an "instant win" button?

I really wish Dan had just said he wanted to try something different :laugh:
[close]

Firestorm

Firestorm

Amazing to see more positive reviews from trustworthy sources coming out, I'm absolutely stoked for this now, this is exactly what the franchise has been needing for a long time!  ;D

ebridwell89

ebridwell89

Didn't someone post a synopsis of the film??? I swear I found it the other day and now I cannot find it again...

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

seeing more and more positivity is really lovely

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Seeing all these spoiler tags hurt my brain. I want august 5th to be f**king now.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 27, 2022, 02:03:15 PMSeeing all these spoiler tags hurt my brain. I want august 5th to be f**king now.
Or you can read the spoilers and then you will kinda know what to expect. Setting up your expectations to a real level is key for not to be disappointed in the end. :D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Nah, I did that for The Predator already. I want to be surprised as much as possible.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 27, 2022, 03:24:47 PMNah, I did that for The Predator already. I want to be surprised as much as possible.
Me too, but I did it again for Prey.
Although I already know the synopsis, I will still enjoy the film. You know...based on the summary I imagine the scenes in MY way, but of course the film will depict them in a completely different way. So there will be suprise. ;) :D

Master

Master

I had scripts for both Predators and The Predator long before the premiere so I kinda want to be surprised this time too!

Wysps

Wysps

I can't help but read spoilers as soon as they're available.  I have zero self control for these sorts of things  :laugh: 

426Buddy

426Buddy

Pretty much avoided spoilers so far. I want to experience this movie fresh without knowing everything going in.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed