10 (5.1%)
Hated it! (0/5)
7 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 196

Author
Prey Fan Reviews (Read 162,728 times)

BouMa95

BouMa95

I hope there are skinned bodies or some spine ripping. Haven't got this since Predators.

CANNON

CANNON

Question for the ones who have seen the movie, I just need to know one thing.. (Without spoilers)

As a diehard fan of the original 1987 Predator.
His pacing to the hunt and study of his prey, the way he would patiently stalk, his use of cloak and his taunting mimic, his careful and thought-induced timing to strike and his specific actual movement have for me defined what a predator is and should always aspire to be within in a film.

Does Prey come close or at least try to take inspiration from that form, that predator.

Or is this feral predator something else entirely...

Thanks!

GreybackElder

GreybackElder

Did you guys catch Mr. H comments about the reviews? I understand that he was trying to remain conservative about all of the positive reviews but it felt like he was writing it off because it was a premiere. I usually take his comments seriously because more often than not. My views usually align with his. But for this one I think he's off. In this case I hold Ridge-tops review in higher regard. I mean hell, Adam is an Admin for the site.What does everyone think?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Probably staying cautiously optimistic.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Never been a fan of Mr. H

If the early reactions were negative folks would be going "See?!! I told you it was going to suck!"

Best just to wait and make your own opinion. However some positive buzz is a great thing for this franchise. It's about time I say.

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

i stopped paying any attention to him way back during the lead up to The Predator. want nothing to do with him.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 23, 2022, 01:48:26 PMNever been a fan of Mr. H

If the early reactions were negative folks would be going "See?!! I told you it was going to suck!"

Best just to wait and make your own opinion. However some positive buzz is a great thing for this franchise. It's about time I say.

I agree. Actually, I think many people wanted this movie to fail in the first place.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

In my honest opinion, MR.H is a f**king idiot.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Alright folk, let's leave it at that, please. It's not the intent of the thread.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 23, 2022, 10:05:54 AM
Quote from: RidgeTop on Jul 23, 2022, 08:31:03 AMBetter yet don't click on the spoiler tags if you don't want to be spoiled.
Should I consider this as an answer to my question? :D
Answer wisely if you want to answer, without giving away any specific info. :P

Anyway...I asked because I want to spoil myself what I want to know. ;) I am a curious man.  8)

Ok I'm sorry. I read your comment wrong. Thought you were saying I was saying too much in answering the other user's question.

So to answer yours, happy to give a yes or no, and it's...

Spoiler
No.
[close]

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Good job guys ! Thank you for answering my questions in a clear and non-spoilery way  ;)

judge death

judge death

I will wait a month to see what people think then, ona premier most are hyped and its too enw to have a objective view on it, heck I myself liked prometheus after the cinema visit, and I remember people here liking it, the predator etc but after a while people started to change and hating it :P

Well internet reviewers is what I will use for my understanding of the movie until they release this on bluray/DVD but thats not likely to happen...So if that is the case: one less buyer of the movie.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Just watch it on Hulu mate, we are not likely to get another one anytime soon, make a special event of it!

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

First reactions to The Predator weren't near as positive as this one is getting though.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not even bloody close.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed