[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,820 times)

paulorangelmelo

paulorangelmelo

I must say that because of the mask, that very dark face when he jumps on the tree at the end of the Trailer and the comments than Dan made, i was getting a little worried about the Predator Face.

But not now after seing the Hunt on Earth Promo.

Master

In this shoot he looks allot like less exaggerated verison of BSP.

Darkseed

I still can't understand his face, where are the eyes?

Master

Above mandibles  :P

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: goose_3387 on Jul 21, 2022, 05:58:22 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 21, 2022, 05:40:12 PMPoor thing already looks beat up, probably a near the end scene.

Did you expect anything else? Probs get his head chopped off like Berserker.

No of course he be f**ked up at some point  :laugh:

I hope they don't kill it in an already seen way.

goose_3387

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 21, 2022, 07:53:13 PM
Quote from: goose_3387 on Jul 21, 2022, 05:58:22 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 21, 2022, 05:40:12 PMPoor thing already looks beat up, probably a near the end scene.

Did you expect anything else? Probs get his head chopped off like Berserker.

No of course he be f**ked up at some point  :laugh:

I hope they don't kill it in an already seen way.

Hopefully we see something unique. They need to make the green blood look real too. It's looked bad (CGI blood I believe?) since Predators.

Manti

Am i the only one who thinks his upper jaw looks like it has either veeeeery small, or straight up no teeth at all in it?

Darkseed

Quote from: Manti on Jul 21, 2022, 08:45:25 PMAm i the only one who thinks his upper jaw looks like it has either veeeeery small, or straight up no teeth at all in it?
I was under the same impression

SiL

They're there, but they look like nubs.

BigDaddyJohn

Maybe they've been broken by a tomahawk. That could be something cool and new to see actually.

426Buddy

Getting antsy waiting for the first reactions.

happypred

happypred

Spoiler
[close]

Kradan

Spoilers, man !

Gilfryd

Relatively spoiler free aside from some pics of the Pred we've all seen (do those count as spoilers?).

I'll mirror some of the thoughts here and say if the movie delivers (and it looks like it might, always thought Trachtenberg was a solid choice), I should come around to the new design, or rather its face (weirdly enough I'm getting Predalien vibes from it). I'll be revisiting the other films of course which always helps put things in perspective.

And just to post it I've always liked this quote from Winston from the Pred 1 and 2 days which I think differs from the 'all-new, all-different' Super/Upgrade/Feral Pred mindset of the last few movies -

"Broad concept's the same. The difference is, this is a different individual. A different individual of the same species. As is a snake is a snake, but different snakes are different. Their colorings are different, different parts of their characteristics, their facial structures, subtle differences."

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

ADI-Preds will never look like Winston-Preds, its a creative choice on ADI's part at this point for sure. Treating Predators as a family of breeds or species like dogs, or snakes like in Winston's famous analogy, makes the most sense at this point. That way you can have Winston-Preds and ADI-Preds coexisting without any real problems. Everybody can be happy, even if they're not thrilled with any given design.

PREY is an interesting case, since it's 300 years prior to P1/P2 you could argue that Feral is a more primitive version of the species.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed