[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 150,110 times)

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 14, 2022, 01:35:26 PM
Quote from: bobcunk on Jun 14, 2022, 02:10:10 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Jun 13, 2022, 03:41:40 PMIt'd be a great call back if the sword/machete weapon was inspired by the original machete-type weapon that was cut from the original film(s?):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIl96KvW0AQt3HL?format=jpg&name=900x900
I didn't know it was cut from the first film but it wasn't in second, That is the same sword that that the Elder has at the end. It is also the same sword that the predator is holding in the Predator 2 model kit.

Yeah I'd never heard anything about a sword being cut from the second film, so I was surprised to see one in that pic. It seemed familiar though, so yeah it belonging to Greyback makes sense as to why.

And yeah there are a couple more pics of the one from the first film that I was tying to find when I came across the one(s) here. Supposedly it was cut because it was going to be stored on the Predator's back and he would have reached over his shoulder to grab the handle, but it was difficult for Kevin Peter Hall to do that when he was fully costumed-up and with the dreadlocks getting in the way, so they decided to dump it.

But given that it looks like they're going for the same thing as far as positioning of the sword in the new film goes, it'd be a cool "deep cut" to finally bring it to the screen after all these years.

Don't we see Greyback holding the sword the first time we see him? Or is that a different blade?

SuperiorIronman

It is reused for Greyback in Predator 2. I don't think City Hunter ever has it during Predator 2.

Which might be a nice callback to that since I don't think we ever see them using swords. Spears yes, but no swords in any of these despite Greyback having it on his person. I think he even has it drawn for the entirety of his interaction with Harrigan but he never uses it. Hunting Grounds is pretty much the only place I can think of where the sword gets used (even said weapon being based on and named after said sword).

Kailem

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Jun 15, 2022, 07:58:20 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Jun 14, 2022, 01:35:26 PM
Quote from: bobcunk on Jun 14, 2022, 02:10:10 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Jun 13, 2022, 03:41:40 PMIt'd be a great call back if the sword/machete weapon was inspired by the original machete-type weapon that was cut from the original film(s?):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIl96KvW0AQt3HL?format=jpg&name=900x900
I didn't know it was cut from the first film but it wasn't in second, That is the same sword that that the Elder has at the end. It is also the same sword that the predator is holding in the Predator 2 model kit.

Yeah I'd never heard anything about a sword being cut from the second film, so I was surprised to see one in that pic. It seemed familiar though, so yeah it belonging to Greyback makes sense as to why.

And yeah there are a couple more pics of the one from the first film that I was tying to find when I came across the one(s) here. Supposedly it was cut because it was going to be stored on the Predator's back and he would have reached over his shoulder to grab the handle, but it was difficult for Kevin Peter Hall to do that when he was fully costumed-up and with the dreadlocks getting in the way, so they decided to dump it.

But given that it looks like they're going for the same thing as far as positioning of the sword in the new film goes, it'd be a cool "deep cut" to finally bring it to the screen after all these years.

Don't we see Greyback holding the sword the first time we see him? Or is that a different blade?

Yeah I guess from the way he sheaths it as he walks away I just always imagined it as being like a human-made rapier or something, since I never looked closely enough at it to realise it could have been the one from the original film re-used.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jun 14, 2022, 11:30:54 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 14, 2022, 05:00:49 AMHahaha so ADI did the face, not Onyx Forge.

Let's wait and see if it's a disaster or not before we judge it. 

I actually really like what I think I can see in that one blurry frame we have. It's different but it echoes a lot of things I'm fond of. Personally my fingers are crossed that Dan decided to use a little digital airbrush magic to cover the weaknesses while letting the design itself do the heavy lifting.

SiL

Quote from: SiL on Jun 14, 2022, 05:00:49 AMHahaha so ADI did the face, not Onyx Forge.

Please show me where I judged anything.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Jun 16, 2022, 11:07:52 PM

Please show me where I judged anything.

Didn't say you did.

I implied that's the conclusion people proverbially will jump to.

Highland

ADI can clearly make good stuff, I think having it not like the original is probably a better set of circumstances for them than trying to make something that looks too similar.

BigDaddyJohn

It's possible that could help indeed. I sure hope so. I really like what I saw so far.

paulorangelmelo

paulorangelmelo

Found this.

Regards.

BigDaddyJohn

This f**king skull mask keeps intriguing me. The two upper mandibles seem very high. And coming out of the mask then.

Kailem

One thing's for sure, however his face ends up looking, it's certainly very intriguing from the glimpses we've been getting so far!

Darkseed

Based on this pic, his mouth is going to open really wide while his mandibles not so much. I still can't imagine where his eyes are.

pmaz11

Quote from: paulorangelmelo on Jun 17, 2022, 04:00:12 PMFound this.

https://i.postimg.cc/NM39Gjc3/Prey.jpg
Regards.

Saw this image on YouTube as well for the video. But it does shows a lot of details & I agree it's hard to get a feel for how the face will look.

But still optimistic from the majority of what we've seen so far.

paulorangelmelo

paulorangelmelo

Quote from: pmaz11 on Jun 17, 2022, 08:48:57 PM
Quote from: paulorangelmelo on Jun 17, 2022, 04:00:12 PMFound this.

https://i.postimg.cc/NM39Gjc3/Prey.jpg
Regards.

Saw this image on YouTube as well for the video. But it does shows a lot of details & I agree it's hard to get a feel for how the face will look.

But still optimistic from the majority of what we've seen so far.

Yes, that´s the video i also saw today.

It appeared on my youtube inital page.

Run all the thread and i did not saw the image.

This Image everybody saw when the trailer was leaked but this one was less "dark", that´s why i posted it.

I apologise for my very rudimentary windows paint abilities but this it what i think it is.

Red - Upper mandible.

Blue - Lower manbible.

Regards from Portugal.

Dino21AvP

I'm getting some Predalien mandible vibes the more I look at that picture.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed