[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,873 times)

Highland

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 12, 2022, 03:54:47 PMPart of me wishes they hadn't revealed new Predator lookstill the movie comes out. One thing about original 1987 movie is that for a looong chunk of it first-time viewer doesn't even know what creature looks like. But nowadays you know what new Predator is gonna look like long before you get to your seat in a cinema or push that "Play" button. Some magic is lost there. One can argue: "Well, we know what Predator looks like so why hide it ?". That's where some design tweaking might come in handy. Idk, if it was featured in promotional materials for Predators but one thing I remember fondly about that movie is when Berserker took his mask off and I was all like "WOAH ! This one looks even uglier than all the previous ones ! Hot damn !"

They haven't though , unless there's a picture of it unmasked?

I think they teased just enough not to give too much away.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Highland on Jun 12, 2022, 11:21:53 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jun 12, 2022, 03:54:47 PMPart of me wishes they hadn't revealed new Predator lookstill the movie comes out. One thing about original 1987 movie is that for a looong chunk of it first-time viewer doesn't even know what creature looks like. But nowadays you know what new Predator is gonna look like long before you get to your seat in a cinema or push that "Play" button. Some magic is lost there. One can argue: "Well, we know what Predator looks like so why hide it ?". That's where some design tweaking might come in handy. Idk, if it was featured in promotional materials for Predators but one thing I remember fondly about that movie is when Berserker took his mask off and I was all like "WOAH ! This one looks even uglier than all the previous ones ! Hot damn !"

They haven't though , unless there's a picture of it unmasked?

I think they teased just enough not to give too much away.

There is, but it's profoundly blurry.

And there'll likely be more peeks at it before it drops.

lb426

This is a good departure. It's about time they revamped this franchise. The main thing that made the original Predator exciting was all the reveals:

• Invisible alien with green glowing eyes
  • Masked alien (who knows wtf)
  • Giant lizard alien (unmasking)

The levels of reveal is unheard of. Alien also had three levels of reveal with facehugger, chestburster and xenomorph

Anyway, the point is that Predator is done. It is oldhat. You want to keep it interesting you need redesigns, especially if you can't come up with new lore for the creature.

(Bad Blood)

I'm getting strong Bad Blood Predator vibes from his design, the sword is literally in the same location on his back with the handle sticking up just the same way and the bones on the armor and overall behavior.

Kailem

It'd be a great call back if the sword/machete weapon was inspired by the original machete-type weapon that was cut from the original film(s?):

BigDaddyJohn

I was unaware of that, it's pretty cool !

bobcunk

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 13, 2022, 03:41:40 PMIt'd be a great call back if the sword/machete weapon was inspired by the original machete-type weapon that was cut from the original film(s?):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIl96KvW0AQt3HL?format=jpg&name=900x900
I didn't know it was cut from the first film but it wasn't in second, That is the same sword that that the Elder has at the end. It is also the same sword that the predator is holding in the Predator 2 model kit.

ace3g

QuoteAre you looking forward to @dannytrs new Predator movie, PREY ? I can't show you our new Feral Predator, but here a few pics of the Fugitive Predator and the Wolf Predator we created for previous installments.

Look for PREY on Hulu August 5th!
#preyhulu #predator #pfx #art #monster #scifiart #animatronics

SiL

Hahaha so ADI did the face, not Onyx Forge.

Kradan

Oh no ... a new shitstorm is coming

Immortan Jonesy

It won't be the same without him though  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Do not start going personal in here please.

Kradan

Sorry

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Jun 14, 2022, 05:00:49 AMHahaha so ADI did the face, not Onyx Forge.

Let's wait and see if it's a disaster or not before we judge it. 

Kailem

Quote from: bobcunk on Jun 14, 2022, 02:10:10 AM
Quote from: Kailem on Jun 13, 2022, 03:41:40 PMIt'd be a great call back if the sword/machete weapon was inspired by the original machete-type weapon that was cut from the original film(s?):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIl96KvW0AQt3HL?format=jpg&name=900x900
I didn't know it was cut from the first film but it wasn't in second, That is the same sword that that the Elder has at the end. It is also the same sword that the predator is holding in the Predator 2 model kit.

Yeah I'd never heard anything about a sword being cut from the second film, so I was surprised to see one in that pic. It seemed familiar though, so yeah it belonging to Greyback makes sense as to why.

And yeah there are a couple more pics of the one from the first film that I was tying to find when I came across the one(s) here. Supposedly it was cut because it was going to be stored on the Predator's back and he would have reached over his shoulder to grab the handle, but it was difficult for Kevin Peter Hall to do that when he was fully costumed-up and with the dreadlocks getting in the way, so they decided to dump it.

But given that it looks like they're going for the same thing as far as positioning of the sword in the new film goes, it'd be a cool "deep cut" to finally bring it to the screen after all these years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed