[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 156,930 times)

Mr.Turok

It's a shame that it doesn't have those dreadlock rings. Could have taken the chance to use the Elder's dreadlocks as inspiration of adding interesting details from bone to bronze rings along side other Predator cultural details new to the series.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jun 07, 2022, 05:43:27 AMIt's a shame that it doesn't have those dreadlock rings. Could have taken the chance to use the Elder's dreadlocks as inspiration of adding interesting details from bone to bronze rings along side other Predator cultural details new to the series.

Those were just the equivalent of popped collars at the time of the films.

Having said that I'm all on board for spaghetti-hair skull-face headcrab-ator, it's pretty sweet.

I can picture it with spring loaded shield spinning action, Turbo Attack Crossbow and several glow in the dark details, against like a calamari risotto Alien with realistic launching green oinons.

Corporal Hicks

I don't really have a problem with thinner dreads myself. It's not like all humans have the exact same proportions for every organ or anatomical feature. But I am curious to see a clearer shot of the face.

426Buddy

Yeah I kinda like the thin dreads actually.

Kailem

It's not even something I noticed until people started pointing it out, so I have no problem with it.

Kradan

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 07, 2022, 01:04:40 PMIt's not even something I noticed until people started pointing it out, so I have no problem with it.

Same

Master

Quote from: Kradan on Jun 07, 2022, 01:08:50 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Jun 07, 2022, 01:04:40 PMIt's not even something I noticed until people started pointing it out, so I have no problem with it.

Same
Yep, same here.

PredatorvsAliens

I will be honest, I didn't even notice it had thinner dreads.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

They look too much like wires IMO.

QuoteTRACHTENBERG: For the look of the creature, I really wanted to get out of the bodybuilder/wrestler thing. The first thing to go was the mesh netting that he, or it, has worn previously. I wanted to have this thing feel much more creature-like and way more visceral.

Why you gotta do me like that Dan? :'(

Doomofman

Doomofman

Much like the thinner dreads, hadn't even noticed the lack of mesh until seeing that quote. Though I don't think most of the last predators had the mesh either like Fugitive or Berserker

Also

Dan: I really wanted to get out of the bodybuilder/wrestler thing
Predator *deadlifts a bear*

PredBabe

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Jun 07, 2022, 05:43:27 AMIt's a shame that it doesn't have those dreadlock rings. Could have taken the chance to use the Elder's dreadlocks as inspiration of adding interesting details from bone to bronze rings along side other Predator cultural details new to the series.

I'm liking the thinner dreads but have to agree with this sentiment. I wish they'd have more fun with the decorative beading used on the their dreads. Make me a space pirate!  :laugh:

Dino21AvP

Found this artists rendition of the new Predator design.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CegMKmLLgAl/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I'm liking the design the more I see of it.

Manti

Manti

Soooo, its confirmed, this guy will definitely look different than the ones weve seen before.

QuoteTrachtenberg: Our Predator in my mind, not only does he exist, you know, 300 years before, but I think in sci-fi movie terms, time moves very slowly. (...) Ships aren't suddenly like so different. But I think this guy's perhaps from a different hemisphere of the planet and a little bit of a different breed. So even his look is a little new, it's familiar, but new. So I'm excited for people, even for diehard fans, to really see something they hadn't seen before.
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/new-prey-trailer-hulu-predator-director-dan-trachtenberg-new-gadgets/

Be prepared people, we definitely wont get a "classic" Pred as we know them (if Greyback doesnt appear alongside this new one). Not an entirely different sub-species, like the Super Preds, but different.

While i remain a bit wary (i hated the very idea of Super Preds), i dont think thats necessarily a bad thing. The City Hunter looked pretty different from the Jungle Hunter, and hes the best looking Pred to this day imho.

ReViliTy

I'm currently digging the half life head crab look.
It is different; but still looks like a predator. A good mix of tribal & tech.

It is good to see them gamble.  I just hope it's not too much.  What is under that mask could be what gets fandom really riled up. 

It's better than the make it bigger & "cooler" designs the last few films gave us. Predator 2.0 high tech, steroid popping, toy machines were lame.

We've seen more unique designs in action figures than the last 2 films gave us. Hope this predator fits into that mix without mudding up the water more.   

KaliPrime

I am totally on board for the unique rendition. The vast variety of human appearances means that they do have a high degree of creative leeway. Plus despite predators potentially having a different experience of time, this is still 3 centuries in the past. Note the red tint of the invisibility cloak, the red tint on the projectile as it whizzes by the warrior's head in the field. I think this will be an incredible addition to lore from an aesthetic standpoint.

Saw banding and stripes I thought on some of the over-exposed screencaps. The dreads are cool, I never liked the ones from The Predator. But I can dig this. The mask too, love the idea of it not having eyes with that bone covering. The shield is ornamental in a way, but love the ovoid shape of it. Not purely pragmatic, otherwise it would be a huge spartan style mobile wall.

Hope we see a reveal of other hunters at the end like we had in P2 and AVP. Mostly P2 though, because so much packed into such a mysterious short scene. Maybe I am the fool, but I am full on excited about everything we have seen so far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed