[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread

Started by The Shuriken, Jun 05, 2022, 02:47:11 AM

Are you for the new Predator face or against?

I do like the new face design
30 (19.9%)
I do not like the new face design
74 (49%)
It is ok and I am willing to accept the new face design
47 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 150

Author
[SPOILERS] Feral Predator Design Thread (Read 147,238 times)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Dec 16, 2023, 05:03:54 AMIt's kind of really bad design considering this was 300 years before the first movie. He should've had more straps and tubes, not less.
I get they wanted a more simplistic style, and I can see how the design presents the feral in Feral. Just that even concept art before shows that there were some designs that can have both.

SiL

SiL

But the more simple style doesn't make sense when you're trying to make it look, well, feral. He somehow had slicker technology than guys 300 years later.

Immortan Jonesy

Like the Alien prequelzZz😅lmao

skull-splitter

Quote from: SiL on Dec 17, 2023, 01:30:56 AMBut the more simple style doesn't make sense when you're trying to make it look, well, feral. He somehow had slicker technology than guys 300 years later.
To add, I honestly feel like it's more a tribe thing than 300 years of biological and technological evolution that sets them apart and that is fine by me.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Dec 07, 2023, 01:17:03 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 07, 2023, 12:57:56 PMhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/FzU8bgnWIAUSgdN.jpg:large
I like the Feral Predator.
I'm with you brother

We Feral Predator fans, may be few, but we are mighty.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 10, 2023, 03:24:35 PMI can not wait to see what comes of all the teams working together on Romulus, in large part because I think this was a good finale for ADI, one solid on Alien one solid on Predator- fittingly their first and last projects.

Yeah, me too.

After reading the comments made by some people that visited Legacy Effects last year, i think they hinted that the Romulus' Xeno will be a back to basis, big chap (biomechanical-like) xeno, so maybe something similar to Stompy from Isolation or the Dead by Daylight design.

I'm curious about the legs though, since to be honest, i would be glad to move away from the man in a rubber suit legs that we usually have in these movies, so i hope the team behind the practical effects aims for something bolder and more ambitious.

To put the alien back in alien.

Btw, people also said that the new Xeno will have a new face, whatever that means.

SuperiorIronman

I don't like the CGI head but I tolerate the practical head. They went too far with the CGI.

Sabres21768

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Dec 22, 2023, 01:30:43 AMI don't like the CGI head but I tolerate the practical head. They went too far with the CGI.
It's like what happened with the last THE THING movie.
The practical effects were actually great yet the studio decided to cover it all up with cgi.

SiL

SiL

The Prey filmmakers planned the CGI from the beginning, it wasn't mandated from on high.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 25, 2022, 12:58:35 AMThe movie is mid at best but the face design of the creature is pure trash.

I actually disagree on all of this. I like the face design, the CGI is a little wonky, but I like that Feral is a different Predator than we've seen before and I really like the masked look. But the movie itself is great -- in a franchise with mostly functional filmmaking (original Predator excluded) Prey is exceptionally well made. It's lyrical and poetic, but also pulpy, gritty, and fun. You obviously didn't like it, nothing wrong with that, but there's lots of folks who did (both critics and fans alike).

[/quote]

Absolutely not. It's trash. You can like it all you want. But it doesn't change the objective truth that it is a piss poor design. With or without CGI.

The people who like it just have severely low expectations. They will take anything. And honestly don't even know better.

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 25, 2022, 05:22:33 AM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 25, 2022, 12:58:35 AMThe ratings mean absolutely nothing. Audiences have proven time and time again they will rate a terrible film high even though it's nothing of the sort. The movie is mid at best but the face design of the creature is pure trash. It's funny cause I bet all of you bashing Critcal Drinker haven't even watched the Prey review. He has as nny positive things to say as well as being brutally honest about the movies many short comings. You people just can't take the criticism or are incapable of understanding what he's talking about.

He spent most of the video complaining about Mary Sue characters and Hollywood tropes after he quickly brushes over that he made a bunch of false claims and that he was wrong about Prey for many months. He's not gospel. He makes good points about movies aoften often, but also falls down the anti-sjw hole very easily, which immediately kills a lot of arguments for myself, and I'm sure others. I don't need forced politics or tropes in my storytelling, and Prey didn't do that.

The film can actually be good to some people, and that doesn't mean you can't go online and say "people" are wrong about it. But doesn't mean you're right either. Audiences also made Alien and Predator the staples they are today, because the people liked them and thought they were good films. If all the people didn't like receive those movies as they are with Prey now, I'd say we wouldn't even be here today posting in these message boards. The movie was likely received well, because it was actually good. Something is working well with this movie that is clicking with audiences, which is bringing new life into Predator.

If audiences mindlessly consumed anything, why didn't The Predator in 2018 get the same reception as Prey?
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Aug 25, 2022, 05:22:33 AM
Quote from: brokentusk420 on Aug 25, 2022, 12:58:35 AMThe ratings mean absolutely nothing. Audiences have proven time and time again they will rate a terrible film high even though it's nothing of the sort. The movie is mid at best but the face design of the creature is pure trash. It's funny cause I bet all of you bashing Critcal Drinker haven't even watched the Prey review. He has as nny positive things to say as well as being brutally honest about the movies many short comings. You people just can't take the criticism or are incapable of understanding what he's talking about.

He spent most of the video complaining about Mary Sue characters and Hollywood tropes after he quickly brushes over that he made a bunch of false claims and that he was wrong about Prey for many months. He's not gospel. He makes good points about movies aoften often, but also falls down the anti-sjw hole very easily, which immediately kills a lot of arguments for myself, and I'm sure others. I don't need forced politics or tropes in my storytelling, and Prey didn't do that.

The film can actually be good to some people, and that doesn't mean you can't go online and say "people" are wrong about it. But doesn't mean you're right either. Audiences also made Alien and Predator the staples they are today, because the people liked them and thought they were good films. If all the people didn't like receive those movies as they are with Prey now, I'd say we wouldn't even be here today posting in these message boards. The movie was likely received well, because it was actually good. Something is working well with this movie that is clicking with audiences, which is bringing new life into Predator.

If audiences mindlessly consumed anything, why didn't The Predator in 2018 get the same reception as Prey?
Quote from: SiL on Aug 25, 2022, 08:55:31 PM
Quote from: Master on Aug 25, 2022, 08:40:49 PMSee 30% movie is really low. I'd say 60% is much more accurate for regular viewer.
It's not a rating of the film, it's a percent of people who reviewed it positively. That's why audience score is higher - a greater number of audience members reviewed it positively.

But this is a purely binary look at positive vs negative. If you want to see what the average rating is, then you look at other sites like IMDb.

RT is fine, people just need to use it properly.

The movie is crap. The audience is dumb. Alien and Predator were made by competent people at the top of their respective games. The people making them now are hacks. Prey is incoherent feminist BS. The only thing they did right was not allowing it to carry the Predator name. It will be forgotten and never revered the way the original and only two movies in the series that matter. Critical Drinker hit all the nails on the head. Anyone saying otherwise is just coping with the fact they have zero taste in good cinema or at least lack the ability to recognize it.

BlueMarsalis79

Critical Drinker needs his head violently caved in and tossed into the sea to give something of value some sustenance.

426Buddy

Oh great.... Brokentusk420 is back to bless us with his painfully boring negativity again.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:50:00 PMIt will be forgotten and never revered the way the original and only two movies in the series that matter.

Prey is the most universally revered a Predator movie has been since Predator lol

Mr.Turok

Prey revived the Predator series into making two new films at once, stop the cap.  :laugh:

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Where are you getting so upset with movie having politics in it. the alien franchise had multiple themes of capitalism is bad and what not. Isn't that one of the major "woke" points for a film to make. Anytime, that the media made points about progressiveness Everyone on the Anti SJW side seems to shy away from it and say it's bad, but there are films in the past did the same thing, maybe it's just depends on the execution.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 21, 2024, 04:11:26 AMWhere are you getting so upset with movie having politics in it. the alien franchise had multiple themes of capitalism is bad and what not. Isn't that one of the major "woke" points for a film to make. Anytime, that the media made points about progressiveness Everyone on the Anti SJW side seems to shy away from it and say it's bad, but there are films in the past did the same thing, maybe it's just depends on the execution.

It depends on whether a youtuber told them to get mad or not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed