Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 33,623 times)

aliens13

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 14, 2024, 04:30:07 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Feb 14, 2024, 03:45:29 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 14, 2024, 03:07:19 AM
Quote from: aliens13 on Feb 14, 2024, 02:04:44 AM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Feb 12, 2024, 04:33:34 AMBeing woke is not a talking point at all, being woke is infact good. Alien is for example very woke.
I never thought that Alien it's woke, so I think that Alien doesn't enter in that category
Mmmm, movie with female lead where she is the voice of reason, where a non white side character gets also a ton of spotlight, that has a monster that is an allegory for sexual assault and that is against corporations..... mmmm no wokeness here guys

Alien is very woke, SPECIALLY for the time it was made in. And once again, being woke isn't bad, being woke is good, thinking being woke is bad is a huge red flag for me.
Revolutionary perhaps, but Ripley has a hard road to get at that point. It isn't like the woke movies of today that just for been the woman protagonist it's better and stronger than everyone from start
Also, did you know being woke and being a revolutionary go hand in hand?
I was saying that wasn't something comun in that time, doesn't mean that is woke. In my point of view it's not woke, I could explain myself better but the English it's not my language. But what I'm saying for example Prey it's woke, you have this girl that wants to be hunter like the men of the trive but everyone laughs on her, you don't have things like that in Alien

[cancerblack]

...except for the part where Ripley is right all the time and constantly ignored/overruled, leading to more trouble each time.

SiL

Ripley's sex is never the reason she's ignored.

But then neither's Naru's, they just think she's small and incompetent. Which she is until she trains a shitload to get better and even then she still fails until she realises she can use the fact the Predator doesn't think she's a threat to her advantage.

[cancerblack]

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Dr. Von Predator on Feb 14, 2024, 04:17:54 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Feb 14, 2024, 12:51:18 AMWaiting for Dan or one of the other Fox execs to RT or post about the movie and then start the Deductive reasoning, Reverse image searching.

Yeah, I do find it odd that 20th Century have yet to make an official announcement. Dan hasn't said a word either (granted he's very busy). Steve Asbell hasn't uttered a response and he's been active, especially promoting the new Planet of the Apes. Then there's Ken Pejoro who has worked on Alien and Predator projects, and he hasn't tweeted a thing. So either they're being told not to say a word or maybe news outlets have taken the rumor and are running with it. It'd be nice to hear something concrete from someone official.

Dan did post the article on his Instagram story recently. Maybe on Sunday or Monday. However it is common for these stories to break and the creators don't comment until much later.

BigDaddyJohn

Well here we go. Very intrigued by this Badlands project.

ace3g

Quote from: MudButt on Feb 14, 2024, 05:27:47 AM
Quote from: Dr. Von Predator on Feb 14, 2024, 04:17:54 AM
Quote from: ace3g on Feb 14, 2024, 12:51:18 AMWaiting for Dan or one of the other Fox execs to RT or post about the movie and then start the Deductive reasoning, Reverse image searching.

Yeah, I do find it odd that 20th Century have yet to make an official announcement. Dan hasn't said a word either (granted he's very busy). Steve Asbell hasn't uttered a response and he's been active, especially promoting the new Planet of the Apes. Then there's Ken Pejoro who has worked on Alien and Predator projects, and he hasn't tweeted a thing. So either they're being told not to say a word or maybe news outlets have taken the rumor and are running with it. It'd be nice to hear something concrete from someone official.

Dan did post the article on his Instagram story recently. Maybe on Sunday or Monday. However it is common for these stories to break and the creators don't comment until much later.

Yeah I meant their first direct post about the movie and then see who comments/likes their post.  That is how I identified Amber Midthunder as part of the cast.

RoguePred1987

the choice of "badlands" as the working title for the future-set movie is very intriguing. it could mean anything or it could mean nothing, but it's intriguing.

today i was just thinking; the fact that it's set in the "future", which could mean anything, it opens the door again to the possibility of previous cast members returning. with Prey 2 also in development its pretty clear that they're thinking about the franchise in those terms. we know the lead will be a new female character, but that doesn't mean the supporting roles couldn't be one or two familiar faces, so long as they were given actual roles in the story and weren't just cameos.

ace3g

Guess set in the future could mean 2 things:

1. Set in the future of the events of Prey, relatively speaking to 1719.
2. Or actually set in the future?

BlueMarsalis79

It means actually set in the future for sure.

Huntsman

Finally a futuristic setting.

BigDaddyJohn

I would totally endorse a far future, technologically very advanced, big city setting. With a wasteland around it.

Cougerboy

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 15, 2024, 10:20:54 AMI would totally endorse a far future, technologically very advanced, big city setting. With a wasteland around it.

That kinda reminds me of Dredd...not that its a bad thing. Judge Dredd has fought the Predator in the comics of course...

Mr.Turok

John Squires' take is slightly funny as Predator always had a universe of its own. It's just not that known to the mainstream. Or is it that the definition of a "universe" has changed recently in film storytelling?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed