Why are teenage Predators always used in movies?

Started by yautja99, Feb 02, 2007, 04:57:46 PM

Author
Why are teenage Predators always used in movies? (Read 7,370 times)

DB

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 28, 2007, 03:23:53 AMDo you think that females would have breasts? Would any creature in its right mind let something with a mouth configuration like that attach itself to one of the most sensitive areas of a body and feed from there? :)

Why wouldn't it?

SiL

Actually, he's got a point. Unless the female Predators have REEEEEEAAAAL long nipples, or reeeal pointy breasts, that form of feeding just isn't going to work for the Predators.

Avpvet2006

lol we went from teenage preds to breasts and female preds

DB

Quote from: SiL on Mar 02, 2007, 10:43:06 AM
Actually, he's got a point. Unless the female Predators have REEEEEEAAAAL long nipples, or reeeal pointy breasts, that form of feeding just isn't going to work for the Predators.

Why?

SiL

Because their mouth configuration looks to be ill-suited to suckling. No visible tongue, no real cheeks - Just the back of their throats, not much else. My bet would be on regurgitation.

DB

Why would these be a problem? As long as they can provide the breast with a stimulus to start releasing milk, gravity, and perhaps muscle contractions provided by other parts of their mouths to ensure the milk goes the right way, would be enough to drink their mother's milk. They don't appear to have a problem eating our food, would their children drinking their mother's milk be such a stretch?

SiL

We never saw the Predator eat - We have no idea just how they do it.

Don't see the problem with regurgitation. Breast-feeding is so ... mammalian.

DB

I would personally suspect that they do it with their mouths, but that's a bit biased, seeing as it's coming from an Earthling!

I'm not beyond the concept of regurgitation - after all - some scientists believe that our ancestors developed kissing because we fed our children through that method as well, but I don't think breast feeding should be disregarded.

SM

No it shouldn't be discounted, but I tend to agree with SiL.  It makes them more mammal and less extraterrestrial.

DB

I've always seen the Predators as very human-like aliens, so I usually stick with that. Once again, here I am, biased!

BrokenTusk

from any similarities from earthly creatures they do have some repitilatian attributes, scaly skin, love of the heat. though that's just my IMO.

techtor

Quote from: yautja99 on Feb 15, 2007, 06:00:15 PM
No one wants to see middle aged Predators in Action ???.

On the contrary, that is what I would like to see. How the Yautja bigshots do it.

Of course, I do expect them to do it better.  ;D

SM

What happens if they don't though?

Two have been done in by humans (though at least one was Arnie), and three have been done in by Aliens - two in quick succession.  If we see supposedly more experienced Predators getting nailed by supposedly inferior prey it's gunna piss the Predator fans right off.

But it will make me giggle and that's the main thing.  ;D

techtor

SM,
I guess that answers the question of this thread. The less experienced preds get better chances at getting killed. I'm pretty sure the elder at the end of AvP could have dispatched most the Aliens and maybe even the queen by himself. But of course, this is the rookies' hunt and not his.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: DB on Mar 04, 2007, 11:07:06 PM
Why would these be a problem? As long as they can provide the breast with a stimulus to start releasing milk, gravity, and perhaps muscle contractions provided by other parts of their mouths to ensure the milk goes the right way, would be enough to drink their mother's milk. They don't appear to have a problem eating our food, would their children drinking their mother's milk be such a stretch?

But... Look at that mouth. Look at how sharp and long those fangs are. They're vicious. How do you expect a hungering infant Predator to do anything but physically mutilate an organ composed of anything like the soft tissue of a female breast?

If you were a woman, would you let a cross between a crab and tarantula try to 'suckle' from you? Why would you expect to not be ripped apart?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed