Why are teenage Predators always used in movies?

Started by yautja99, Feb 02, 2007, 04:57:46 PM

Author
Why are teenage Predators always used in movies? (Read 7,391 times)

yautja99

I wish they can atleast use older Predators that are more experienced like middle aged or Elder Predators besides teenage Predators are overused ???

Eidotemit

a few things

1) what gives you the impression they are 'teenage' preds?

2) by 'teenage' do you literally only 13-19 years old?

I haven't seen anything to uggest the predators were only 'teenage' preds; with the exception of AvP where PA said they were like 'teenagers'. PA is a dumbass to begin with, and since it wasn't explicetly stated or shown in his movie we are left to infer the meaning. I've said before how I felt the AvP preds weren't teenages literally, but more of in an adolecent stage in pred life (which for all we know could be 100 years, in fact thats a little suggested that it is) and they were the 3 best of their age at that, so hardly inexperianced. I get the impression that the P1 pred is in fact the oldest pred we've seen [fight], but its only the feeling I get and can't reasonably prrove it.

Having said all that, and ignoring all else about your statement, I agree on the notion that seeing 'elder' preds fight would be pretty cool.

BrokenTusk

the first one we can assume was the most experience out of the 3, by just relying on a plasma caster and his wristblades. the second was refer to being younger I believe by the director and in AVP the unrated editon they're refer to as teens in Pred years( I assume.)

yautja99

No one wants to see middle aged Predators in Action ???.

Eidotemit

did you not read what I said, I said that I didn't think that the preds, especially from P1, were teenagers.

further more I said that seeing an elder pred get into action would be cool.

So in conclusion, we have seen a "middle-aged" pred(s) in battle, unless you can proove that we havent, and that I would like to see an 'elder' pred fight.

yautja99

Eidotemit what I mean is Middle aged Predators that are older then the Predators on Predator 1 & 2.

Eidotemit

again what gives you the impression that the preds were not middle aged? Further more, how would you distinguish a 'middle-aged' pred from the ones we've seen?

BrokenTusk

well on the elders it's pretty easy cause their skin is wrinkly, their hair has faded out and they have little dread stubbles on the chin.

for middle age, I say the way they hunt is a good indicator of how old they're. since young brash Preds will use brute force, while the ones with more experience will observe and calculate the best time to strike, and what technque to use on their prey.

Eidotemit

Quote from: BrokenTusk on Feb 16, 2007, 03:33:50 AM
for middle age, I say the way they hunt is a good indicator of how old they're. since young brash Preds will use brute force, while the ones with more experience will observe and calculate the best time to strike, and what technque to use on their prey.

sounds an awful lot like the pred from P1

BrokenTusk

I always thought the first one was around middle age(less weapons, killed alot of ppl, patience etc),  we haven't seen elders hunt though.

Eidotemit

almost exactly what I've been saying.

BrokenTusk

wonder why he had the impression that all of them were teen then  ???s, heck even the P2 Pred must have been a little older then the AVP teens.

though let me ask you this honestly do you think Elders could do much more then the Preds we have seen in the movies ?

Eidotemit

perhaps, im sure if they were ever used for action in  the movies we'd see some different skills, more strength, diff weapons, w/e. On a large scare, having the elder star the entire move, it wouldn't be all that different from what we've seen.

I'm only betting we would ever see one for perhaps an AvP movie, aliens have the Queen as their big player, if writters wanted the preds to have one too Im sure they would use an 'elder'

BrokenTusk

I'm sure the Elders have a much better survial rate, AVP the comic for example. I pictured them as masters of their skills, that you wouldn't hear them or even see them, but you would have a spear gun projectile in your head before you knew it and that's just when they're not using their camo. Hand to hand styles are probably more graceful and faster then say Celtic fight with the human (whatit's name) and I imagine their would kicking as well. also much more jumping and acrobatics,since Predators can jump so high.

yautja99

Eidotemit Im sorry if I got you confused but Im talking about older more experienced Predators that are much older then the Predator on the first movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed