The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 392,524 times)

Corporal Hicks

That thing is absolutely huge. Fantastic book too.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FenGiddel on Nov 21, 2017, 02:41:25 PMThis thing right here...

https://aeindex.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Alien-The-Illustrated-Story-Original-Art-Edition-cover.jpg

I love the Nostromo artwork in this book!

Nice. Was tempted by that fancy edition, but couldn't justify the extra spend. Always been curious about the bonus material though.

Corporal Hicks

I ordered that when they first put it up for pre-order. Managed to save like half price because of Amazon's price guarantees.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, Amazon's pricing pre-release is quite often all over the place. I got the fancy pants deluxe edition of ACM for less than the price of the standard game :laugh: Bloody glad I did too, the tat was by far the best thing in the box :P

Corporal Hicks

I very nearly cancelled that pre-order after the reviews. Sorta wish I had, that Collector's Edition went so cheaply not long after.

FenGiddel

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 21, 2017, 04:15:36 PM
Quote from: FenGiddel on Nov 21, 2017, 02:41:25 PMThis thing right here...

https://aeindex.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Alien-The-Illustrated-Story-Original-Art-Edition-cover.jpg

I love the Nostromo artwork in this book!

Nice. Was tempted by that fancy edition, but couldn't justify the extra spend. Always been curious about the bonus material though.

I, like you, was put off by the price. But I waited patiently on eBay until one came 'round that I could live with.  ;)

Corporal Hicks

Turns out I had more money saved away for a new airsoft gun than I had thought. Combined with Black Friday sales, I just ordered one of these bad boys!

Been pining after one of these since the earlier gas blowback version. Then Krytac come out with an electric one and it was pricey than I really wanted to pay for it but I've been wanting it so bad.

Baron Von Marlon

Treated myself to a Carlos Huante artbook. Autographed limited edition  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Ooohhh. Very nice! Let us know if you see any new Prometheus or Covie artwork in there!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Four random film novelisations; three I've had my eye on for ages and one I bought on the spur of the moment simply because I found out it existed.

The three were James Bond, the Spy Who Loved Me and James Bond and Moonraker by Christopher Wood (these two films were so different from the original Fleming novels they had Wood re-novelise them lol - that said, they're supposedly excellent) plus Outland by Alan Dean Foster (yet another connection to Alien that film has).

The random one was Judge Dredd by Neal Barrett, Jr. (yes, the Stallone one :laugh:) I'm wondering if it'll contain the fight between Dredd and the incomplete clones that is so conspicuously cut from the film.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 29, 2017, 09:28:09 PM
plus Outland by Alan Dean Foster (yet another connection to Alien that film has).

Ooooh. Lemme know how that one is. Something I'd like to do down the line are podcast episodes on films like Outland or Event Horizon and especially the rip-offs like Inseminiods and etc. I think those could be really fun.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Will do. I'm also curious about the Heavy Metal comic adaptation.

And yeah, that's not a bad idea!

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 29, 2017, 09:28:09 PM
Outland by Alan Dean Foster (yet another connection to Alien that film has).

The random one was Judge Dredd by Neal Barrett, Jr. (yes, the Stallone one :laugh:) I'm wondering if it'll contain the fight between Dredd and the incomplete clones that is so conspicuously cut from the film.

Let me know about both of these please :)

FiorinaFury161

Outland was a strange, but great read. Highly recommended!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Colour me intrigued!

Today I also finally got around to upgrading from the PS3 to the PS4 version of Alien: Isolation. Brown trousers imminent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed