Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,214 times)

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 12, 2007, 02:31:38 AM

G: The avpr aliens are ridgeheaded from the get go. Time has f**k all to do with it.
Really? Then show me a picture of the AVP-R chestburster from Fangoria. Does it have ridges? No. Therefore, they're NOT ridge-head 'from the get go'.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: The Cleaner on Nov 12, 2007, 02:47:52 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Nov 12, 2007, 02:31:38 AM

G: The avpr aliens are ridgeheaded from the get go. Time has f**k all to do with it.
Really? Then show me a picture of the AVP-R chestburster from Fangoria. Does it have ridges? No. Therefore, they're NOT ridge-head 'from the get go'.

Ridges are supposed to be due to aliens that are older, not necessarily by that much but at least days or weeks older than the ones seen in the first film, alien resurrection and alien 3. So there goes the idea of having avp-r take place in a day or so and still have ridged head aliens. Unless the accelerated life cycle gained from the hormone pumped queen from avp accounts for that.  >:(

Xhan

Xhan

While you're chunking pix from fango you might wanna dredge up Cameron's burster while you're at it. OH NOES.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Therefore, they're NOT ridge-head 'from the get go'.
The Aliens' chestburster did not have ridges either.  He clearly means 'from the get-go' as adult Aliens.

QuoteRidges are supposed to be due to aliens that are older
A fan theory, and nothing more.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 12, 2007, 02:52:16 AM

a good one, makes sense compared to other movies to bad this one might messs that up

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 12, 2007, 02:53:46 AM
a good one, makes sense compared to other movies to bad this one might messs that up
Good or bad, it still is what it is.  The AvPR Aliens having ridges doesn't violate anything canonical.

Xhan

Xhan

Except at least one, if not more of the AvP Aliens is 100 years old with no ridges. Secondly you can make a compelling argument based on the hamsters and state of the damage to the colony, and newt's condition than none of the Cameraliens is more than three days old.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

The Aliens' chestburster did not have ridges either.  He clearly means 'from the get-go' as adult Aliens.

ok, well then enlighten me as to the real explanation why some aliens have ridged heads and some don't. (in terms of the movie/alien lifecycle, not behind the scene reasons for using them. lol)

Now don't get me wrong i prefer the ridged heads, but not at the expense of it not making sense. I'd rather have the other details fixed and still have smooth headed aliens as well as everything being consistent with the other films.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 12, 2007, 02:56:23 AM
ok, well then enlighten me as to the real explanation why some aliens have ridged heads and some don't. (in terms of the movie/alien lifecycle, not behind the scene reasons for using them. lol)

There isn't one.  That's my point.

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 12, 2007, 02:55:36 AM
Secondly you can make a compelling argument based on the hamsters and state of the damage to the colony, and newt's condition than none of the Cameraliens is more than three days old.
So the Marines go into cryosleep for a trip that takes about 1 or 2 days tops?

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

The Aliens' chestburster did not have ridges either.  He clearly means 'from the get-go' as adult Aliens.

Last time I checked, 'from the get-go' means when they're first shown, or in this case, when they're first chestbursted.

Really? Then why did Cameron specify that on the ALIENS DVD?

@Xhan: The AVP Aliens AREN'T 100s of years old. The queen is, the ones shown in AVP were freshly chestbursted.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: The Cleaner on Nov 12, 2007, 02:58:39 AM
Last time I checked, 'from the get-go' means when they're first shown.

Right.  From the first time the adult Aliens are shown.  Just like in Aliens.

QuoteReally? Then why did Cameron specify that on the ALIENS DVD?

Only going from memory, but doesn't he offer that as a rather offhanded "maybe" explanation?  Regardless, it still doesn't make the age=ridges canonical in any way.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 12, 2007, 02:58:35 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 12, 2007, 02:56:23 AM

There isn't one.  That's my point.

Quote from: Xhan on Nov 12, 2007, 02:55:36 AM
Secondly you can make a compelling argument based on the hamsters and state of the damage to the colony, and newt's condition than none of the Cameraliens is more than three days old.
So the Marines go into cryosleep for a trip that takes about 1 or 2 days tops?

I think that the age reason for the ridge makes sense though and is the best explanation so far to account for it.

The colonists lost contact weeks prior to the marines being sent in. (Due to the time it takes them to leave gateway station and reach lv-426 in the zeta reticula system.)

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

Quote@Xhan: The AVP Aliens AREN'T 100s of years old. The queen is, the ones shown in AVP were freshly chestbursted.

There are too many aliens for them to be all bursted during the course of the movie.

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 12, 2007, 03:01:35 AM
Quote from: The Cleaner on Nov 12, 2007, 02:58:39 AM
Last time I checked, 'from the get-go' means when they're first shown.

Right.  From the first time the adult Aliens are shown.  Just like in Aliens.

QuoteReally? Then why did Cameron specify that on the ALIENS DVD?

Only going from memory, but doesn't he offer that as a rather offhanded "maybe" explanation?  Regardless, it still doesn't make the age=ridges canonical in any way.
Judging by his rather venomous reply to my first post, he mean't what I said in my above post, not what you're insinuating.

Maybe so, but I still take his word above yours. Anything else that didn't adhere to it is the problem of the directors of the latter movies, not his.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 12, 2007, 03:04:11 AM
Quote@Xhan: The AVP Aliens AREN'T 100s of years old. The queen is, the ones shown in AVP were freshly chestbursted.

There are too many aliens for them to be all bursted during the course of the movie.

that's an error of the writers/Paul Anderson, it doesn't give any credibility to the argument that they are leftover from that last hunt that took place there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed