Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 201,091 times)

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 12, 2007, 03:04:11 AM
Quote@Xhan: The AVP Aliens AREN'T 100s of years old. The queen is, the ones shown in AVP were freshly chestbursted.

There are too many aliens for them to be all bursted during the course of the movie.
Then blame that on Anderson. He never offered up the explanation and judging by the movie, there's no way he could, therefore it's his fault. He only showed us the Queen being frozen, not any other Aliens, therefore we have to assume that she was the only frozen one there, unless something else reveals she wasn't.

SM

SM

Nevertheless.  More Aliens than hosts points to there being leftovers from the previous hunt 100 years earlier.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2007, 03:11:21 AM
Nevertheless.  More Aliens than hosts points to there being leftovers from the previous hunt 100 years earlier.

Common sense dictates their lifespan is not that long. lol.

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: SM on Nov 12, 2007, 03:11:21 AM
No, it points to the director not taking continuity into account or noy showing if there were any Aliens left over from another hunt.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 12, 2007, 03:12:17 AM

Uhh...what? Have you seen some clip where one dies of old age? If not, I don't see how you can make such a claim. If you're working off of Ridley's comment, Cameron's film shows that they live much longer than the span of a few hours.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 12, 2007, 03:14:26 AM
Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 12, 2007, 03:12:17 AM

Uhh...what? Have you seen some clip where one dies of old age? If not, I don't see how you can make such a claim. If you're working off of Ridley's comment, Cameron's film shows that they live much longer than the span of a few hours.

yeah, but its safe to say that there not immortal. Even if they live for say 100 years or so, they can't last as long as the eggs. The queen was put into stasis via predator technology.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 12, 2007, 03:26:34 AMyeah, but its safe to say that there not immortal. Even if they live for say 100 years or so, they can't last as long as the eggs. The queen was put into stasis via predator technology.

That doesn't mean that it was necessarily because of her lifespan. Having her thrash around for a hundred years wouldn't have been the best idea to keep her restrained, and since she didn't have a food source to feed from it could be argued that they were just making sure she didn't die from starvation by forcing her into hibernation.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: The Cleaner on Nov 12, 2007, 03:05:54 AM
Maybe so, but I still take his word above yours.
And that's completetly fair, obviously.  But it still doesn't mean a film that shows ridged Aliens as young is at fault.  Cameron's theory is nowhere in the film itself.

QuoteAnything else that didn't adhere to it is the problem of the directors of the latter movies, not his.
Like the Queen?  She doesn't adhere to Ridley's original intent of the Alien lifecycle, but she's not contradictory, because the final cut of Alien shows nothing of egg-morphing.  Same deal here.  A later director can't be held accountable to half-formed ideas that are not actually presented in the films proper.

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 12, 2007, 02:56:23 AM
Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Nov 12, 2007, 02:52:16 AM
Quote from: The Cleaner on Nov 12, 2007, 02:47:52 AM
Therefore, they're NOT ridge-head 'from the get go'.
The Aliens' chestburster did not have ridges either.  He clearly means 'from the get-go' as adult Aliens.

QuoteRidges are supposed to be due to aliens that are older
A fan theory, and nothing more.

ok, well then enlighten me as to the real explanation why some aliens have ridged heads and some don't. (in terms of the movie/alien lifecycle, not behind the scene reasons for using them. lol)

Now don't get me wrong i prefer the ridged heads, but not at the expense of it not making sense. I'd rather have the other details fixed and still have smooth headed aliens as well as everything being consistent with the other films.

Well it could be something from the environment of the planet that caused the ridged heads, either from the air, ground or maybe something in the ATMO. Who knows the planet was Alien and terraformed? The queen on Earth is different than the queen on LV-426

2nd Not all humans look the same why should Aliens? I guess it was never a big sticking point with me because I like both bumpy and smooth headed Aliens.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

If there were more Aliens than hosts (and I can't say such a thing ever stood out for me), then it's purely down to a production error or, if we're being hypothetical, potential 'twins'/'triplets' or whatever.

Logically, there would be no reason for them to unfreeze the Queen if Aliens were already there and the things would have probably woken up and started to attack when the humans got got too deep into the place, considering all the heat and movement which was taking place.

SM

SM

QuoteCommon sense dictates their lifespan is not that long.

Uh, no.

QuoteNo, it points to the director not taking continuity into account or noy showing if there were any Aliens left over from another hunt.

Duuuuh, really??  ::)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Xhan

Xhan

It doesn't matter what the intent was, if there's nothing to support it. I don't see anderson running off to say OH SORRY. There are eggs still viable after the ship's pilot has apparently fossilzed, there are Aliens that are at least 100 years old left in a Pyramid, and the Aliens lack of eating and breathing, and ability to simply skate up walls with a marine/engineer in tow while facing AWAY from a surface they could climb points a very straight road to a conducive reactive metabolism that either strips electrons or utilizes ambient zero point energy; both of which point to a closed "metabolism" that can indefinitely sustain itself until too much damage is directly received to contain. Aliens aren't from earth, aliens do not have to be bound by the rules that govern life on earth.

MartyPredator

MartyPredator

thats how the queen reproduces until she grows the egg sack thing..big enough to hold it and as enough drones to protect her
+ people would be crying if predalien run of ship grew egg sack laid eggs and sat there for the dam movie
they would be saying...she grew it to fast,,she didnt do anything
pity sack people you call yourselves fans and you dont understand that?

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Jeez, louise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed