Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 363,291 times)

TJ Doc

:D

Yeah, okay... but this is more along the lines of Weyland-Yutani's "Deapon Division", after all.

Not leisure objects.

GrimyGhost

one thing i cant understand is this..... Aliens 3 is set after AVP rite???? if so then how is he alive in alien 3 if he dies in avp??? is it his son or maybe a clone???

TJ Doc

Thanks for getting us back on topic (at least for the time being).

As for the whole "dies in AVP, alive in Alien 3"... well, we can blame that on Anderson's foolishness. It just doesn't add up because of him. Maledoro, however, believes Bishop II to be a distant relative (or something) who bares a striking resemblance to the original Weyland in AVP.

Also, the notion of him being a clone has been shot down before. But him being an android is possible... just very difficult to justify.

GrimyGhost

I guess thats what happens when they try to revive a franchise but dont make it for the fans of the old films.... just toss aload of random crap together for kids and teens..... shame....

Spidey3121

eh - i was still glad Lance was in AvP even if it did go against continuity that was already set. Doesn't bother me @ all actually. AvP would be even worse w/o Lance... i guarantee it

TJ Doc

You're absolutely right... but Anderson should have made some kind of explanation about Bishop II. Maybe an "after the credits" easter egg or something.

dachande89

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 12, 2009, 06:40:48 PM
You're absolutely right... but Anderson should have made some kind of explanation about Bishop II. Maybe an "after the credits" easter egg or something.

If you played Predator Concrete jungle, there is a hint at what happens afterward. Since Mr. Weyland is back at the helms of the company after his "disappearance". But other than that, nothing else hinting at an explanation for Bishop II.

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jun 12, 2009, 05:20:15 PM
eh - i was still glad Lance was in AvP even if it did go against continuity that was already set. Doesn't bother me @ all actually. AvP would be even worse w/o Lance... i guarantee it

I feel the same way, ill advised or not i was glad to see Lance.  I voted human.

TJ Doc

Quote from: dachande89 on Jun 12, 2009, 10:40:05 PM

If you played Predator Concrete jungle, there is a hint at what happens afterward. Since Mr. Weyland is back at the helms of the company after his "disappearance". But other than that, nothing else hinting at an explanation for Bishop II.

Interesting. I wonder how he (supposedly) survived the exploding pyramid... or the stab from the wrist-blade for that matter.

GrimyGhost

or the hart condition that was so bad he had to use an breather.....

maledoro

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 12, 2009, 10:56:04 AM
Yeah, okay... but this is more along the lines of Weyland-Yutani's "Deapon Division", after all. Not leisure objects.
Plasma is plasma, so why should it be TVs and weapons get along so awfully?

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jun 12, 2009, 01:46:50 PM
one thing i cant understand is this..... Aliens 3 is set after AVP rite???? if so then how is he alive in alien 3 if he dies in avp??? is it his son or maybe a clone???
Once again: BECAUSE THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Yes, I'm shouting.)

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 12, 2009, 04:11:04 PM
Maledoro, however, believes Bishop II to be a distant relative (or something) who bares a striking resemblance to the original Weyland in AVP.
I haven't drawn a definite answer as to whether they are related or not.

Also, the notion of him being a clone has been shot down before. But him being an android is possible... just very difficult to justify.
As long as the people who made Alien³ had said he was human, he's human. Not that I'm accusing you, but I hate people who think they know more about that film than the people who made it.
(Now, I'm muttering.)

He did, and it was bullshit.

Computer games say a lot of things; perhaps too much. Remember: They are like conservative AM talk radio programs - for entertainment and not for information.

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 12, 2009, 11:42:16 PM
I wonder how he (supposedly) survived the exploding pyramid... or the stab from the wrist-blade for that matter.
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jun 13, 2009, 12:15:35 AM
Once again: Video games are for shooting things, not for analyzing cinema...

dachande89

Interesting. I wonder how he (supposedly) survived the exploding pyramid... or the stab from the wrist-blade for that matter.

I don't think it was suggesting that he lived through AVP. But the person who returned after the disappearance at least loks like Bishop Weyland. They leave it open to your interpretation, which I like.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: maledoro on Jun 13, 2009, 01:06:16 AM
Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 12, 2009, 10:56:04 AM
Yeah, okay... but this is more along the lines of Weyland-Yutani's "Deapon Division", after all. Not leisure objects.
Plasma is plasma, so why should it be TVs and weapons get along so awfully?

Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jun 12, 2009, 01:46:50 PM
Once again: BECAUSE THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Yes, I'm shouting.)

Maledoro, however, believes Bishop II to be a distant relative (or something) who bares a striking resemblance to the original Weyland in AVP.
I haven't drawn a definite answer as to whether they are related or not.

As long as the people who made Alien³ had said he was human, he's human. Not that I'm accusing you, but I hate people who think they know more about that film than the people who made it.
(Now, I'm muttering.)

He did, and it was bullshit.

Computer games say a lot of things; perhaps too much. Remember: They are like conservative AM talk radio programs - for entertainment and not for information.

I wonder how he (supposedly) survived the exploding pyramid... or the stab from the wrist-blade for that matter.
Quote from: GrimyGhost on Jun 13, 2009, 12:15:35 AM
Once again: Video games are for shooting things, not for analyzing cinema...

Jesus.

FEEBLE EXCUSE ALERT: Uhhh... uhhh, maybe it was alien plasma?

Wait, what was Anderson's explanation? I have not heard of this.

Deadmeat

Well, i think he said he was human, but I just can't belive that. I like the idea of a super-advanced-android.

maledoro

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 13, 2009, 12:16:21 PM
Jesus.

FEEBLE EXCUSE ALERT: Uhhh... uhhh, maybe it was alien plasma?
No.  ♫"Plasma is plasma, so why should it be..."♪

Wait, what was Anderson's explanation? I have not heard of this.
That the guy in Alien³ was a robot.

Quote from: deadmeat on Jun 13, 2009, 12:48:46 PM
Well, i think he said he was human
He didn't say that.

but I just can't belive that.
You can't believe something based on reality (that some people look alike), but you're willing to believe in robots? So much for making this series realistic and believable...

I like the idea of a super-advanced-android.
That's nice, but just because one likes an idea doesn't mean that's the way things are.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed