Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 366,186 times)

SM

SM

Quotebut we can assume for now that this new-found technology led to the space travel that we first saw in ALIEN.

We learnt FTL travel, hypersleep and artificial gravity from a gun?

And then go back to using bullets?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: AlienĀ³ on Jun 10, 2009, 02:35:52 PM
So you're saying there were two Charles Bishop Weylands? I don't think so. And I agree AVP is not cannon with the original Alien timeline, and in Alien 3 Bishop II is human.
So you're saying that you don't know the meaning of the word "different", as in, "Two different guys living in two different times"? Since that was what I had said, and unless your (apparent) definition of "different" varies from mine, I had meant that Charles Bishop Weyland from AVP was a different guy than Bishop's designer in AlienĀ³. How you managed to think I said they were one and the same, I'll never know.

So, one more time, I said that they were two different guys living in two different times. Where do you get that I said that they were both Chuck Weyland?

SM

SM

Since we learned time travel from a Predator gun.

maledoro

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2009, 02:00:47 AM
Since we learned time travel from a Predator gun.
Oh, of course!

Eidotemit

Quote from: SM on Jun 10, 2009, 11:25:23 PM
Quotebut we can assume for now that this new-found technology led to the space travel that we first saw in ALIEN.

Yes, apparently you don't know how reverse engineering works. Putz.

SM

SM

Apparently not.  I lose.  :-[

Eidotemit

Yes, you do. Now think about what you've done and wallow in your shame.

TJ Doc

Quote from: SM on Jun 10, 2009, 11:25:23 PM

Yes yes, but can we at least assume that the blaster was the basis for the technology that we see in the Alien films. Just small technological realisations here and there.

Of course some things are beyond puny human scientist minds (plasma casting?), so bullets would still be the norm when it comes to weapons.

SiL

SiL

For them to be able to reverse engineer it would require that they learned how it worked. If they can go and create rocket engines with it, they can create "plasma-casters".

maledoro

I'll have to remember not to leave my grill outside; someone might probe its inner secrets and create god-knows-what.

TJ Doc

::)

Quote from: SiL on Jun 11, 2009, 11:01:08 AM
For them to be able to reverse engineer it would require that they learned how it worked. If they can go and create rocket engines with it, they can create "plasma-casters".

It is possible though, that there is no material on Earth that can hold 'plasma', let alone cast it. Like the only way they could possibly get it to work would be to replicate the material that makes up the Predator caster.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Why are we even discussing this? The AvP universe is in no way related to or a part of the Alien universe, since there have been no hints or nods to Predator or AvP in any of the Alien movies this far. The only way for AvP to be a part of the Alien universe is if the Scott brothers all of a sudden drop dead and the genius Strausse bros are called in to make the Alien Prequel instead, i.e. the Alien Prequel has to "invite" Predator and AvP into the Alien universe by planting hints/nods/easter eggs telling us that all the franchises are a part of the same universe and timeline.

So, if some character in the prequel hints that he/she has heard rumors about that human FTL technology is in fact based on alien technology retrieved in the aftermath of some red-tape incident on Earth in the early 21st century, then we can start discussing this.

PS. The Alien 3 Bishop was the real deal!  8)

SM

SM

QuoteWhy are we even discussing this?

I think it was more childish mocking than discussing.  At least for my part.

maledoro

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 11, 2009, 03:07:29 PM
It is possible though, that there is no material on Earth that can hold 'plasma', let alone cast it.
Now available from the Roswell Wal*Mart!:

ShadowPred

^^^BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Well said Mal!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed