Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,071,745 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: TheMonolith on Apr 18, 2012, 09:55:30 PM
Night of the Twisters
Fun bit of 90s nostalgia and still a great guilty pleasure. Suprised how well some of it holds up, especially the 2nd act. The spectacular yet silly conclusion is what really hurts it.
Cine-Meter, 6/10
Mono-Meter, 6.8/10

Totally forgot about that movie!

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Audition – 9.3/10

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Predator Queen on Apr 19, 2012, 03:39:49 AM
Audition – 9.3/10

And the other .7?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Zathura - a Space Adventure
Yes! Finally saw it again! Thankfully enough I bought the Blu-Ray. I llurve this film, so, so much.

Spoiler
Also, psssst, SpaceMarines, dude, don't watch this movie.
Spoiler
Like, don't.
Spoiler
:P
[close]
[close]
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Sleepy Hollow

A great movie, but I have one question. How the hell did that mill explode? :D

8/10

Hudson

Hudson

Watched Herzog's "Into the Abyss" today. Geez this guy can make a documentary...or 20. What a great consistent filmmaker. I haven't seen something of his yet that wasn't great.

First Blood

First Blood

Killer Elite

Our story takes place in 1980-81 when the world and the Middle East are in the midst of turmoil and oil embargos. Danny is a mercenary played by Jason Statham who accepts a job to kill former SAS commandos who killed the sons of Sheikh Amr during the Dhofar Rebellion. He accepts the job so he can free his friend and mentor Hunter, played by Robert DeNiro.

During the job – a former SAS commando turned mercenary himself and now part of shadowy group called 'The Feather Men' – Spike played by Clive Owen catches wind of this and tries to stop Danny and his team.

Overall, I thought the film was pretty solid. The thing about the movie is that I felt there were no clear heroes or villains. Everyone kinda gelled together to make this unique collection of rather hard-ass and sometimes likable and unlikable group of characters. I guess there were times I liked Clive Owen's character of Spike more than Danny – and at times it seemed as if Danny was the villain in this movie. Some of the SAS commandos that Danny was hunting went down way too easily, it would have been nice if some of these characters put up more of fight. But, there was however a very good fight scene between Statham & Owen in a hospital which has both characters tearing the place apart in a very well choreographed beat down.   

It was also nice to see Yvonne Strahovski in the movie who looked gorgeous complete with her Australian accent – but both her and DeNiro, there was not enough of, and I feel the film would have been better had they been in the movie more often.

7/10

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Hudson on Apr 19, 2012, 10:46:10 PM
Watched Herzog's "Into the Abyss" today. Geez this guy can make a documentary...or 20. What a great consistent filmmaker. I haven't seen something of his yet that wasn't great.

one of the few good german directors! didn't understand why hollywood relys that much on folks like wolfgang petersen & roland emmerich.  ::)

First Blood

First Blood

I take it Uwe Boll is Germany's bastard stepchild that nobody wants. :laugh:

By the way, how do they view him or his films over there, Kol? :)

Predator Queen

Hudson

Hudson

Quoteone of the few good german directors! didn't understand why hollywood relys that much on folks like wolfgang petersen & roland emmerich.

Uh, what about Das Boot, The Neverending Story...and Independence Day?

And FEW good German directors? Fassbinder, Lang, Murnau? Anybody? Bueller?

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Laufey on Apr 19, 2012, 08:56:42 PM
Sleepy Hollow

A great movie, but I have one question. How the hell did that mill explode? :D

Explosive hey.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Blade Runner 10/10

There's nothing to be said about this film that hasn't already been said many times before, by people much more eloquent than myself. To keep it short, I love this movie, and it just gets better with repeated viewings.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 19, 2012, 04:24:19 PM
Zathura - a Space Adventure
Yes! Finally saw it again! Thankfully enough I bought the Blu-Ray. I llurve this film, so, so much.

Spoiler
Also, psssst, SpaceMarines, dude, don't watch this movie.
Spoiler
Like, don't.
Spoiler
[close]
[close]
[close]

Yes sir, Mister Zilla man, sir!

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Grave of the Fireflies – 10/10

This has to be the saddest movie I have seen in a long long LONG time.... I cried multiple times ....
Its based on World War 2 bombing on Kobe Japan

Spoiler

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 20, 2012, 04:05:52 AM
Yes sir, Mister Zilla man, sir!
Good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed