Started by Chris P, May 29, 2008, 10:09:26 PM

Which ALIEN design did you preffer out of:  AVP  &   AVPR

AVP
175 (66.8%)
AVPR
87 (33.2%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Author
Which ALIEN design did you prefer out of: AVP & AVPR (Read 91,750 times)

SM

If whatever was 'whipped' is still breathing a minute after being 'whipped' then, no, not really.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2008, 04:27:36 AM
If whatever was 'whipped' is still breathing a minute after being 'whipped' then, no, not really.

I'm just saying, it's better than nothing.

SM

Sounds like it IS nothing.

gameoverman

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2008, 03:36:39 AM
the alien tackling Wolf down the elevator.

Haha  :D

That alien was knocked off it's feet by Wolf giving it a tiny push.  It could then only tackle him when Wolf's back was turned.

I presume that after they both fell Wolf killed the alien by blowing on it softly.  :P

The Demon

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Jun 25, 2008, 06:55:52 PM
Quote from: The Wolf on Jun 25, 2008, 03:32:59 PM
Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Jun 25, 2008, 03:23:52 PM
I still can figure out how the AvPR Aliens were able to completely wipe out the National Gaurd yet they were very ineffective against Wolf and only marginally so against the regular townspeople. I think we see full grown Aliens kill like only 5-6 non-military people. Lets see we got the homeless people, one of them is killed by Chet though for sure. We have Molly's dad, Dale and his goons, that's about it that I can remember. Probably more I just couldn't see them in dark.

The Wolf shouldn't be compared to the Nation Gaurd. Those soilders were no Arnold and it takes an Arnold, and this Predator is suposibly alot more experienced than that Predator which would mean he'd perform alot better.

They had big honkin' weapons and training and armor, and APCs, heck they didn't have anything at all did they?  ::)

I don't think you have to be Arnold to kill an Alien or a Predator, Glover wasn't Arnold was he? Dare I bring up Dallas and Ricky, hardly Arnold characters.

But if you look at Wolf's advantages over the Aliens comapaired to National Gaurd

Firepower- Both Wolf and NG had substantial firepower to kill the Aliens, NG had greater combined firepower though.

Armor- Both had armor, but I would give Wolf maybe a slight advantage due to superior tech and material.

Numbers- Wolf was loner, NG had plenty of guys to work as a team.

Experience- Wolf had the clear advantage here obviously having fought Aliens before.

Vehicles- NG had heavy well armored vehicles, Wolf had to hoof on foot.

You're right but what I mean is the first Predator took out teams of soilders. The Wolf could probably do that and better concidering he's an old bastard thats done it all before.

SM

Anyone coulda done that with a cloaking device and ranged energy weapons.

The Demon

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2008, 05:43:45 AM
Anyone coulda done that with a cloaking device and ranged energy weapons.

Yeah but there's only one kind that has that and thats my point.

Chris P

Quote from: The Wolf on Jun 26, 2008, 05:46:33 AM
Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2008, 05:43:45 AM

Yeah but there's only one kind that has that and thats my point.

You're right there.  I don't know of anyone else who can cloak, and carry a plasma caster around.  Maybe the Japanese have thought about it, who knows. :D

SM

If a human carried a cloaking device and plasma gun they could take out a bunch of soldiers too.  You don't need to be a "bad-ass Predator".

Scarface Predator

Both designs sucks

Chris P

Quote from: Scarface Predator on Jun 26, 2008, 11:12:15 PM
Both designs sucks

COmpared to the originals.....yes.  Compared to eachother.....no.  The ones in AVP were not as terrible.

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2008, 11:05:36 PM
If a human carried a cloaking device and plasma gun they could take out a bunch of soldiers too.  You don't need to be a "bad-ass Predator".

Well, I think that's a given.  But it's the fact that humans have NOT harnessed that power, that makes Predator that much more devestating.

The Demon

Quote from: Chris P on Jun 26, 2008, 11:22:42 PM
Quote from: Scarface Predator on Jun 26, 2008, 11:12:15 PM
Both designs sucks

COmpared to the originals.....yes.  Compared to eachother.....no.  The ones in AVP were not as terrible.

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2008, 11:05:36 PM

Well, I think that's a given.  But it's the fact that humans have NOT harnessed that power, that makes Predator that much more devestating.

Exactly.

Chris P

Yep, I agree. :D

DoomRulz

Quote from: gameoverman on Jun 26, 2008, 04:51:34 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2008, 03:36:39 AM
the alien tackling Wolf down the elevator.

Haha  :D

That alien was knocked off it's feet by Wolf giving it a tiny push.  It could then only tackle him when Wolf's back was turned.

I presume that after they both fell Wolf killed the alien by blowing on it softly.  :P

He still tackled Wolf, back turned or otherwise.

SM

QuoteWell, I think that's a given.  But it's the fact that humans have NOT harnessed that power, that makes Predator that much more devestating.

Erm, no.  I just means they were able to harness that technology before humans did.  Nothing to be sniffed at to be sure, but it doesn't make the Predators devastating - just their technology; which can be used by anyone (if only the Predators used it properly mebbe they wouldn't die so often).  An Alien, by contrast is much more devastating, because of it's natural weaponry and defences, that can't simply be picked up and used by someone else.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed