Started by Chris P, May 29, 2008, 10:09:26 PM

Which ALIEN design did you preffer out of:  AVP  &   AVPR

AVP
175 (66.8%)
AVPR
87 (33.2%)

Total Members Voted: 243

Author
Which ALIEN design did you prefer out of: AVP & AVPR (Read 92,426 times)

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2008, 12:17:51 AM
They had some moments, but certainly nothing I'd call vicious.

Well, that one Alien stomped the hell out of the rose bushes.  Surely that counts?  ;)

SM

Self defence.  Some mean thorns on them bushes.

Flaming Firefox

I still can figure out how the AvPR Aliens were able to completely wipe out the National Gaurd yet they were very ineffective against Wolf and only marginally so against the regular townspeople. I think we see full grown Aliens kill like only 5-6 non-military people. Lets see we got the homeless people, one of them is killed by Chet though for sure. We have Molly's dad, Dale and his goons, that's about it that I can remember. Probably more I just couldn't see them in dark.

Reborn

Well, they got the town bombed, which killed everyone. SO, they caused everyone to die.

The Demon

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Jun 25, 2008, 03:23:52 PM
I still can figure out how the AvPR Aliens were able to completely wipe out the National Gaurd yet they were very ineffective against Wolf and only marginally so against the regular townspeople. I think we see full grown Aliens kill like only 5-6 non-military people. Lets see we got the homeless people, one of them is killed by Chet though for sure. We have Molly's dad, Dale and his goons, that's about it that I can remember. Probably more I just couldn't see them in dark.

The Wolf shouldn't be compared to the Nation Gaurd. Those soilders were no Arnold and it takes an Arnold, and this Predator is suposibly alot more experienced than that Predator which would mean he'd perform alot better.

Eidotemit

Quote from: KILLa l Yautja on Jun 25, 2008, 06:18:05 AM
the aliens in avp were like dog aliens
the aliens in avpr were like the alien from the first alien movie

Are you serious? What original movies were you watching?

War Wager

The serpents were only dog-like in the sense they crawled a lot, thats it. :P The monsters are in a league of their own.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jun 25, 2008, 04:52:19 PM

Are you serious? What original movies were you watching?

Don't worry he/she drunk. It gonna pass in a few hour.

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: The Wolf on Jun 25, 2008, 03:32:59 PM
Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Jun 25, 2008, 03:23:52 PM

The Wolf shouldn't be compared to the Nation Gaurd. Those soilders were no Arnold and it takes an Arnold, and this Predator is suposibly alot more experienced than that Predator which would mean he'd perform alot better.

They had big honkin' weapons and training and armor, and APCs, heck they didn't have anything at all did they?  ::)

I don't think you have to be Arnold to kill an Alien or a Predator, Glover wasn't Arnold was he? Dare I bring up Dallas and Ricky, hardly Arnold characters.

But if you look at Wolf's advantages over the Aliens comapaired to National Gaurd

Firepower- Both Wolf and NG had substantial firepower to kill the Aliens, NG had greater combined firepower though.

Armor- Both had armor, but I would give Wolf maybe a slight advantage due to superior tech and material.

Numbers- Wolf was loner, NG had plenty of guys to work as a team.

Experience- Wolf had the clear advantage here obviously having fought Aliens before.

Vehicles- NG had heavy well armored vehicles, Wolf had to hoof on foot.

XenoVC

Reborn

I agree that who ever wrote that is drunk.

gameoverman

WTF?!  :D

I liked the AVP aliens, actually, they looked very textured and detailed.  Better than in A:R.

AVPR aliens - fat necked retards played by clumsy short guys in rubber suits, shot and lit in the worst possible way. 

DoomRulz

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Jun 25, 2008, 06:42:11 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 25, 2008, 12:17:51 AM
They had some moments, but certainly nothing I'd call vicious.

Well, that one Alien stomped the hell out of the rose bushes.  Surely that counts?  ;)

I was thinking more of: aliens owning national guard, slapping Wolf off the catwalk, and the alien tackling Wolf down the elevator.

SM

Slapping?  Doesn't sound much like 'piercing brain with inner jaw'.

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2008, 04:17:18 AM
Slapping?  Doesn't sound much like 'piercing brain with inner jaw'.

It's just a word. Does "whipped" work better for you?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed