What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,811,492 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: TheMonolith on Apr 03, 2012, 09:39:39 PM
Best start figuring out solutions. Topazora's solution works very well. There is also borrowing a car if you know someone who is willing. If all else fails, start saving up for the bus trip.
I've never carpooled in my life and the concept seems scary and foreign to me. :D I'll look into it, though. Borrowing a car would be useless, as I can't drive :-X Was not a problem in New York, but now I see this gap in my skillset is going to be a major roadblock--literally.

Prime113

Prime113

Best start putting on your best smile, Cvalda.

You can't drive? What nonsense is this?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 03, 2012, 09:42:57 PM
Took one lesson, said "Nooooope. Not for me." And then I moved to New York City, where it wasn't a problem :P

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 03, 2012, 09:45:03 PM
Took one lesson, said "Nooooope. Not for me." And then I moved to New York City, where it wasn't a problem :P

You and my mother would get along quite well. Another non-driver. :P

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 03, 2012, 09:45:03 PM

So, is it a fear thing...or?

...Ego thing?  :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

It's a more of a "Holy shit this is scary and expensive" thing :P
Of course, my crazy mother tried teaching me to drive in her giant truck, which may have soured me on the whole thing prematurely.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 03, 2012, 09:49:43 PM
Of course, my crazy mother tried teaching me to drive in her giant truck, which may have soured me on the whole thing prematurely.

Did she make you drive on a interstate highway? I nearly shite myself the first time I was driving on one.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 03, 2012, 09:51:31 PM
Did she make you drive on a interstate highway? I nearly shite myself the first time I was driving on one.
...actually, it was more like "Start by backing out of the driveway." I put my foot on the pedal and the truck lurches forward. That's when I said no. Pretty embarrassing. :-[ :laugh:

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 03, 2012, 09:49:43 PM

Ahh. I see. I drove first in my dads Ford Escape, and will never drive in anything else. So perfect. I can definitely see why driving a big ass truck early on would sour it.

God. Yeah, dude, me too. I still don't like doing that.

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 03, 2012, 09:53:58 PM
...actually, it was more like "Start by backing out of the driveway." I put my foot on the pedal and the truck lurches forward. That's when I said no. Pretty embarrassing. :-[ :laugh:

So you have the confidence to travel the world...but not to drive? C'mon, its not that bad, Cvalda. I didn't start until I was 17, due to fear.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Composing a response to the offer. Arrrggggggghhhhhh.
:-X >:( :o :'(

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 03, 2012, 09:54:15 PM

There's always one a-hole who tries to merge into your lane either blindly or without a turn signal.

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 03, 2012, 09:53:58 PM

Driving isn't so bad. Heck, I was nervous at first but you gain more confidence in yourself as time goes on. :)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Sounds like you will be wanting a smaller car. Those don't lurch as much and get better gas milage. That's what I drive. Eventually, it comes quite naturally.
It comes with the territory for one to be nervous and make lots of mistakes on the first outing, but eventually you get that satisfying feel of greater self reliance. Makes all the heart attacks worthwhile.

My suggestion. Hold on to that offer until you are absolutly sue you cannot make it. This is a golden opportunity. You don't get many of those.

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 03, 2012, 09:58:14 PM
Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 03, 2012, 09:54:15 PM

There's always one a-hole who tries to merge into your lane either blindly or without a turn signal.

Preach it, brother. And, I always have this little fear of missing a turn and ending up in Arizon or something.  :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: TheMonolith on Apr 03, 2012, 09:59:34 PM
My suggestion. Hold on to that offer until you are absolutly sue you cannot make it. This is a golden opportunity. You don't get many of those.
Oh god, I know! The agent offering it to me was very impressed by my resume--first stumbling block she wants is my salary requirements. OH LORDY, DO I HATE THAT QUESTION.

(Forgot to mention it's for advertising, which doesn't exactly strike the match of passion in my soul. But money is money at this point.)

Prime113

Prime113

Gotta have a starting point. And, what exactly is your passion? Is it cinematography?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed