What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,825,823 times)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: coolbreeze on Apr 04, 2012, 09:47:13 PM
Shoulda went with Amazon.
I already have them preordered with Amazon. I preordered them from B&N as well because B&N offered me free three day shipping, which Amazon doesn't.

So pissed right now--what if I hadn't had enough money in my checking account for the goddamn charge that wasnt supposed to come for two whole months? Much less the fact that I canceled one of the items, and I've still been charged for it. >:(

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 04, 2012, 09:42:42 PM
Pre-ordered PROMETHEUS: The Art of the Film and ALIEN: The Illustrated Story from Barnes & Noble. It explicitly states "your credit card will not be charged until items are shipped"--they wont be shipped for nearly two months. Guess what--bastards charged my debit card within an hour of ordering. Absolute motherf**kers.

Lesson learned: never pre-order from Barnes & Noble ever again. >:(

That evil company!  >:(

You should have chosen the online Weyland-Yutani Global Marketstore.  ;)

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 04, 2012, 09:42:42 PM
Pre-ordered PROMETHEUS: The Art of the Film and ALIEN: The Illustrated Story from Barnes & Noble. It explicitly states "your credit card will not be charged until items are shipped"--they wont be shipped for nearly two months. Guess what--bastards charged my debit card within an hour of ordering. Absolute motherf**kers.

Lesson learned: never pre-order from Barnes & Noble ever again. >:(

are you sure that's not just authorization?  I worked for Proflowers for a couple of seasons, and that's one of the issues we had to deal with when customers call in.
I'd call your bank and see what's going.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 04, 2012, 09:53:47 PM
are you sure that's not just authorization?  I worked for Proflowers for a couple of seasons, and that's one of the issues we had to deal with when customers call in.
I'd call your bank and see what's going.
Even if it's just "authorization," it's completely unnacceptable--my available balance is now $40 less what it should be, and has been that way for half a day. Good thing I haven't gone out shopping today without checking my bank first. >:( Looks like I am indeed sticking with Amazon for every book preorder in the future.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 04, 2012, 09:59:02 PM
Even if it's just "authorization," it's completely unnacceptable--my available balance is now $40 less what it should be, and has been that way for half a day. Good thing I haven't gone out shopping today without checking my bank first. >:( Looks like I am indeed sticking with Amazon for every book preorder in the future.

1. get M41A pulse rifle from your secret stash
2. get duct tape
3. attach flamethrower to 1 with 2
4. go to nearest Barnes & Noble with the battle cry "Lets rock!"  ;D

PS: how did it go with the job thing?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Apr 04, 2012, 10:32:38 PM
She hasn't got back to me yet... :-\

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 04, 2012, 10:33:50 PM
She hasn't got back to me yet... :-\

Awww... I hope that's not a bad sign...  :-\

Cvalda

Cvalda

SPEAK OF THE DEVIL! The instant I typed that she sent me an email!

I have to go in for a meeting on Friday at 2:30pm, with her and one of the heads of the company. Holy christbiscuit, am I gonna be nervous. :-[

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 04, 2012, 09:59:02 PM

1. get M41A pulse rifle from your secret stash
2. get duct tape
3. attach flamethrower to 1 with 2
4. go to nearest Barnes & Noble with the battle cry "Lets rock!"  ;D

Oh my gosh, that was such an epic comment. You win.  ;D

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 04, 2012, 10:36:00 PM

I have to go in for a meeting on Friday at 2:30pm, with her and one of the heads of the company. Holy christbiscuit, am I gonna be nervous. :-[

You got this, Cvalda. Just breath. And believe you are the biggest, baddest mofo on the planet....aka be confident.  :) :)

First Blood

First Blood

Aye, be confident in yourself and best of luck! ;)

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 04, 2012, 10:36:00 PM

Weeeee  :)

Perhaps I'm like your personal rabbits foot/horseshoe? Write a downbeat message to me and something good happens to you?!  :D

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 04, 2012, 10:38:17 PM

Thanx, but you know what that means, right? Now I'm obliged to post this

Spoiler
[close]

:D

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Apr 04, 2012, 10:40:34 PM
Perhaps I'm like your personal rabbits foot/horseshoe? Write a downbeat message to me and something good happens to you?!  :D
Haha, wouldn't surprise me! ;) Thanks for the well wishes, everyone--I'll need them! :P I'm very nervous at interviews and meetings and such :(

Prime113

Prime113

http://www.image-upload.net/di-R37H.jpg

Uhh, I guess I know what it means now!  :laugh:

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 04, 2012, 10:52:35 PM

http://www.image-upload.net/di-R37H.jpg

Uhh, I guess I know what it means now!  :laugh:

It's the bonus situation, you know...

There is a clause in the contract which specifically states any systematized comment indicating a possible cool Cvalda origin must be credited to Cvalda.

I want my bonus...
  ;)

Prime113

Prime113

:laugh: Ohk.

Does this contract apply to all members?  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed