What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,837,328 times)

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Topazora on Apr 02, 2012, 07:09:59 PM
My mom is in a lot pain from the muscle in her back, and she sick from the medicine she has to take for low blood pressure. 

Sorry to hear that   :-\

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Apr 02, 2012, 02:54:36 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 01, 2012, 06:58:40 PM
Shit! You're right!

This is the best I can offer you guys at the moment. Flash and all that screw-up. Uggh. When my scanner stops being a damned space donkey I'll give you full quality space Tapir:

This needs to be moved to the Happy Thread!  Awesome as always, OZ :)

Anyone here from Lady Zero recently?  I miss her  :-\

I mostly just see her on Facebook.

Prime113

Prime113

Has anybody ever noticed how weak we humans are?

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 02, 2012, 10:52:06 PM
Yep. We aren't very fast or strong. We do have intelligence, but from what I've seen so far...

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Nope.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Apr 02, 2012, 11:18:38 PM
Quote from: Ghost Rider on Apr 02, 2012, 10:53:17 PM
Yep. We aren't very fast or strong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=826HMLoiE_o#ws

Like I said, we have intelligence. But compare to many animals, we are very weak.

Prime113

Prime113

I'm not talking about being fast or strong, not entirely. Its just...I'm having problems with my faith as of late....and if we're suppose to be in the image of God then why are some of us born with heart diseases or bone diseases and countless other things? Its just really botheren the f**k out of me lately.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 02, 2012, 11:21:46 PM
I'm not talking about being fast or strong, not entirely. Its just...I'm having problems with my faith as of late....and if we're suppose to be in the image of God then why are some of us born with heart diseases or bone diseases and countless other things? Its just really botheren the f**k out of me lately.
You're opening a major can o' worms with this topic.

Spoiler
The short answer to why things like that are is because there is no God. Half-way mystical answer is that there is a God, but he is not benevolent. Seriously, what sort of monstrously evil being creates stuff like HIV and allows it to be given to babies in the womb? What did they ever do? If such a God exists, he's not worthy of worship, IMHO.
[close]

Prime113

Prime113

Spoiler
That's what I've always thought. But, every time I ask my father(who is more a spirtual man) and my Grandma(who is more of a religious woman) they say that God did not create those things, that mankind did. And the reason he won't stop us from doing evil is because of free-will...But its like - we are his children, why the f**k would you let your children do that?
[close]

I don't know. There is just so much shit right now.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 02, 2012, 11:35:11 PM
Spoiler
That's what I've always thought. But, every time I ask my father(who is more a spirtual man) and my Grandma(who is more of a religious woman) they say that God did not create those things, that mankind did. And the reason he won't stop us from doing evil is because of free-will...But its like - we are his children, why the f**k would you let your children do that?
[close]

I don't know. There is just so much shit right now.
Spoiler
Man didn't create HIV. Or any other horrifying disease. Man didn't create wasps that paralyze other insects and then lay their eggs inside the still-living host, who is then eaten alive from the inside--or worse--by the baby wasps. Man didn't condemn the entire female gender of nearly all animal species to be subservient to the males, and it wasn't man who made the majority of male animals essentially nothing more than ambulatory sperm. It wasn't Man who made pretty much half of all life on this planet parasites that survive and grow by sapping the life energy of other organisms. And for all the talk about abortion being wrong, God seems to get a kick out of it, considering he aborts babies left, right and center across all species in a magical process called "miscarriage."

Seriously, God is a dick. If he exists, pay him no mind and go about your own life, because chances are you are a much better person than God would ever be. :P
[close]

Prime113

Prime113

"I absolutely believe in God, I just hate the f**ker." Something like that, yeah?  :laugh: 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 02, 2012, 11:48:48 PM
"I absolutely believe in God, I just hate the f**ker." Something like that, yeah?  :laugh:
If you must believe, then yes :laugh:

Prime113

Prime113

That was from Pitch Black, if you didn't get it.  :)

I mean, there is one thing that makes me believe that there is a God...and that is my little brother. If he was not in this world, I believe my life would be totally different and not in a good way. I don't believe I would be talking to all of the wonderful people on this site, I wouldn't be perusing my passion. I believe I would be dead. That's gotta be something, right?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Prime113 on Apr 02, 2012, 11:56:46 PM
I mean, there is one thing that makes me believe that there is a God...and that is my little brother. If he was not in this world, I believe my life would be totally different and not in a good way. I don't believe I would be talking to all of the wonderful people on this site, I wouldn't be perusing my passion. I believe I would be dead. That's gotta be something, right?
Why displace any of the credit to a hypothetical supreme being? That's all down to your brother being awesome all on his own. Credit where credit is due, my friend. ;) :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed