The Official Video Thread

Started by kvon17, Jun 08, 2009, 05:09:29 AM

Author
The Official Video Thread (Read 381,309 times)

Puks

Puks

Quote from: Kane on Feb 04, 2010, 01:10:15 PM
Quote1 problem in the combat techniques trailer the marine can block a pred and aliens claw attachs with his unprotected arms hmmmm not to fond of that

Would you rather not be able to block at all?  :P

Actually, yes.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Puks on Feb 04, 2010, 09:22:11 PM
Quote from: Kane on Feb 04, 2010, 01:10:15 PM
Quote1 problem in the combat techniques trailer the marine can block a pred and aliens claw attachs with his unprotected arms hmmmm not to fond of that

Would you rather not be able to block at all?  :P

Actually, yes.
it would be better to parry like l4d style.

Dusk

Dusk

The Marine should parry with his weapons, and not his unprotected wrists. Then again, it's similar ith the Alien. Sure, they are tough, but even they shouldn't be able to block a Predator blade without losing their hands. But oh well, it's just a game.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

'Course, Aliens only block the light attack.

For a creature that's been in a plasma thruster and just not cared, that's pretty reasonable.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Aliens don't even explode in the near-vaccuum of outer space. Pretty tough fellas, really.

Matt

Matt

Why would Aliens (or any creature) explode in vaccuum. ::)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Sheer volume of awesome overload.

ikarop

ikarop

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: Matt on Feb 05, 2010, 03:13:41 PM
Why would Aliens (or any creature) explode in vaccuum. ::)

... you honestly don't know anything about (air) pressure? If you bring a deep-sea creature up, it explodes due to the change in pressure. It needs the pressure to stay whole. The same thing happens to a human in space. In the near-vacuum of the void, your body will be torn apart. Like a vacuum cleaner sucking up dust, except you are sucked at from all directions with incredible strength. Space suits, worn by astronauts, are specifically designed to prevent that.

Aliens, however, are apparently so tough that they don't need a suit.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure whether you would actually explode. At the very least your lungs will be flattened, your eardrums will shatter and bring on massive internal hemorrhaging. 

Matt

Matt

Quote... you honestly don't know anything about (air) pressure?
I guess it's you, who don't know anything about this.

Try reading this for a start:
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970603.html

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Yeah, I guess you're right.

*admits failure*

RidgeTop

dude63

dude63

dude63

Quote from: Maxwell on Feb 05, 2010, 09:51:42 PM
Posted already.
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=28700.0

I know :'( I thought I was contributing..now it turns out my so called excited update isnt worht sh!t. "Runs and cries!!!!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed